Minimus cuddles like a champ

A Unicorn Named Minimus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part I:

 

Y/N had just finished making her Abnormal Psychology notes on Schizophrenia when her housemate abruptly opened her door without so much as a knock or a tap on it, which had Y/N frowning to herself.

Knowing her housemate, it’s probably because she’s trying to yet again beg Y/N to come with her to tend to another club. Just like how she does every other weekend, and every time, Y/N would refuse and make up some excuse along the way. Y/N is getting pretty tired of it to be honest.

“So, there’s this new club that opened up few weeks ago. Pretty exclusive too, this one. You should come with tonight. Heard celebrities swing by a lot too! Oh Y/N you have to come with.” Sana exclaimed. Y/N cringed internally at the mention of a night life like that.

She doesn’t really have anything against people who goes to club like a religious person would a place of worship. But she can’t help but shake her head at the idea of herself in that type of scene.

And it’s not that she doesn’t go out at all, because she does but maybe once or twice a year when she feels the need to herself drown in alcohol. But the last time she went to a club for that reason and doing so at all was 2 years ago; she’s been too busy drowning in her own tears after receiving yet another assignment to even think about drinking.

“No thanks, Sana. But call me when you’re done if you need me to pick you up” Y/N said politely. “Also, text me the address earlier on because you might get too drunk to know what you’re typing later” she added with a grin; to which Sana rolled her eyes good-heartedly.

“I’m serious, you should come with. You don’t have to go to the club, just be my ride,” she pauses before something clicked “I heard there’s a Starbucks few blocks down the club too. You could drop me off there before you head to the coffee shop. So you won’t have a hard time looking for the place when you pick me up later.” Sana almost smiled to herself on knowing how weak Y/N gets at the mention of coffee.

She’s not obsessed with coffee, at least that’s what she said. But Sana has this theory where if it were up to Y/N that if she could consume the delicious caffeinated beverage through an IV; she’d do it in a heartbeat. Because Y/N once groggily told Sana during breakfast that she thinks that every minute not spent drinking coffee is time wasted and how she wishes water was coffee

It took Y/N a few seconds before she sighed and agreed. “Fine, just let me get dressed and pack my things” she begrudgingly stood up from her spinning chair and trudged towards her closet to look for her comfiest pyjamas (she’s praying that she washed at least one of her too many unicorn onesies already, those are always the comfiest).

15 minutes later Y/N came out of her room in her purple unicorn onesie, clad in her red converse high-tops and her contrasting Star Wars bag pack that had all her study materials.

Sana had to hold back the urge to coo at the slightly huffing girl; she was adorable there’s no denying that. And Sana has been blessed with the opportunity to witness Y/N when she’s walking around in a lion onesie or her turtle ones when she’s sleepy or feeling icky because she played in the rain a little (a lot) on her way back from campus. Sana thinks Y/N is just down right precious and needs to be protected at all cost.

“You ready to go?” Y/N asked as she picks up her car keys on the (her) bookshelf. And Sana nodded before inquiring half-jokingly “No chicken onesies tonight?” Sana liked seeing Y/N in her chicken onesies.

“Had to burn the chicken ones, found a spider on it the other day” Y/N grimaced seriously, that surely made Sana throw her head back in a fit of laughter.

It took 30 minutes to drive there. Y/N managed to park right outside of Starbucks and brought out her things once she did. Instead of going straight into Starbucks, Y/N felt compelled to walk Sana to the club despite knowing other people might stare at her choice of outfit.

Sana is a very beautiful girl, Y/N didn’t want to risk having disgusting men feeling her up before Sana could even step foot into the club.

“You don’t have to walk me in there. People are looking at me weirdly for walking next to a mythical animal” Sana said teasingly making Y/N roll her eyes.

“Would you rather them looking at you for that or them looking at you and imagining their dirty paws on you in the most revolting way” Y/N shook her head disapprovingly at the thought. Sana ignored Y/N question and linked their arms together instead and head for the club.

After their 5 minutes’ walk from the car to the club, she bid Sana goodnight and told her to have fun and reminded Sana to call her if she wants to go home already.

After seeing Sana enter the booming venue, Y/N turned around and headed for Starbucks, with her Macbook in hand. Completely unaware of a pair of eyes, watching her with gentle curiosity.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.

“Namjoon hyung, let’s go out tonight!” Jimin walked into their shared apartment with pep in his steps and towards the elder who was watching the 7th season of “How I Met Your Mother” for the umpteenth time.

“Out where?” The elder responded without looking up from his laptop screen.

“Out clubbing! Heard there’s a new exclusive place that opened up. And a guy I know is gonna let us in, if we’re going tonight. A lot of girls too!!” Jimin finished with an excited grin.

Namjoon looked up to see Jimin looking like a kid on Christmas day and sighed but nodded before speaking up. “Sure, just get ready. I’ll wait for you in the car.”

Namjoon was already dressed, as he had been at the studio just before he got home. And when he did, he didn’t even bother changing into anything else but rather immediately picked up his laptop and binge watched HIMYM since the moment he landed his on the couch that afternoon.

Jimin rummaged through his huge closet; he has the tendency to sneak some things into his closet whenever he’s done with his photoshoots. Working as a model has its perks, especially his almost illegally full wardrobe that he adores so much.

He decided on his black and white striped long sleeved shirt and black ripped jeans and his boots and grabbed his phone, his wallet and his chapstick. Then he’s out the door, ready for a night full of grinding on random girls that he comes across at the club.

Namjoon drove to the club with ease, because he googled the place before Jimin came out into the parking lot and it was only a 15 minutes’ drive.

Namjoon asked the valet to park his car and immediately headed inside without waiting for Jimin to even step out of the car. When Jimin actually stepped out Namjoon was nowhere in sight and he chuckled. He guesses Namjoon’s more eager than he lets on.

“You have a good time alright? Just call me when you need me to pick you up, I’ll be here in 5 minutes. Now go in” Jimin heard a soft voice spoke and immediately turned to see a girl in a purple unicorn onesie that made Jimin snort cutely. He didn’t think she looks like she’s in the right place but the other girl whose bum that the unicorn was patting did look like she was about to dance the night away.

Jimin was more fixated on the unicorn rather than the undeniably beautiful girl dressed in a sparkly midnight blue mid-thigh length bodycon dress. The other girl went right in to the club that Jimin was supposed to enter.

But Jimin found himself walking past the entrance to club and now curiously following behind the unicorn. Weird. He thought.

The girl wasn’t that tall, she was rather petite in size. And her onesie appears to be one size biggest than her body and she had a Star Wars: The Phantom Menace backpack on her back and a Macbook in hand. She seems to be so lost in her own world that she didn’t even realise Jimin ever so creepily stalking her into the nearby Starbucks.

She went straight to the corner booth and set down her things and went to the order counter. But not without turning around to suspiciously look back at her table, as if she’s making sure nothing moves and as if they would even walk. It made Jimin smile softly at the scene from where he sat watching the girl.

She ordered her Iced Hazelnut Macchiato and when the cashier smilingly asked for her name Jimin finds himself being more attentive but she giggled slightly before responding with “Minimus” then paying for her coffee.

Jimin didn’t even realise he physically deflated because the unicorn didn’t say her real name. And then when the girl sat back down with her coffee in hand looking beyond happy, she pulled down the hood and it had Jimin stifling a gasp. Because goodness! The unicorn was so beautiful, her skin looked soft and her cheeks lightly tinted pink and her eyes bright.

Jimin have worked with various beautiful models but none of them held the same beauty that the unicorn held. So it didn’t even register into Jimin’s head that his feet were walking towards her table and his bum has sat on the seat in front of her. And when the girl looked up with wide eyes, straw tucked in between her pink lips and her hand frozen with a pen between her two fingers, Jimin’s breath got caught in his throat because he thought god damn! She’s even prettier up close too.

“How can I help you?” the girl softly spoke. And it made Jimin blush; he genuinely became shy under her pretty gaze which is weird because; Park Jimin never gets shy because of a girl.

Jimin nonetheless stuck out his hand and introduced himself. Or at least tried to if it wasn’t for his stuttering.

“P-P-Park J-Jimin” he managed to choke out and it made his cheeks heat up more but it had the unicorn beaming and stuck out her own hand to shake his outstretched ones. “Hi P-P-Park J-Jimin, I’m Y/N”

It may have seem like Jimin was smiling but he was internally screaming because he thinks her name fits so well with her.

Her name sounds as soft, as pretty and as precious as she looks.

“So how can I help you, Park Jimin?” She smiled softly. Jimin wasn’t sure how she can help him, he just wanted to sit with her and watch her study. So instead of answering her question, Jimin just smiled but shook his head. Jimin peered over her book and looked back up at her face and asked “do you always come into Starbucks looking like a mythical creature?” and it made the girl giggle.

Oh God, her giggle sounds so sweet. Jimin thinks he’s going to cry.

“No, sometimes I wear my chicken ones. Or my lion onesies, but tonight feels like a unicorn kind of night.” She said with a grin.

“I saw you outside the club earlier, thought you were about to go clubbing in that.” Jimin tentatively teased afraid that the girl would snap at him. “No, the club isn’t really my go to place.” Y/N simply shrugged before getting back to her notes.

Jimin wanted to say more just so he could listen to Y/N speak but decided against it she doesn’t look like she would be angry at him but despite that he doesn’t want to overstay his welcome. So he settled for watching her

“I’m just going to watch you do your work. It’s not every day I see a unicorn making her-” he peers over the table to see what Y/N was working on and continues “-notes on Phobia”

And again, Y/N snorts and nods. “Alrighty”

For the next few hours Y/N have had 6 servings of coffee and a bite into a muffin that she got the second time she went to order for her coffee. Y/N didn’t speak except for her occasional “ooh”s and “aah”s whenever she comes across particularly interesting information and it makes Jimin’s heart soar.

Jimin did leave the table to get himself a drink and some pastries to munch on, and whenever he stands up Y/N didn’t even notice. It was like she was in her own world and Jimin thinks it’s just friggin adorable. It was like as if Jimin was absorbed into her world that Jimin didn’t even remember he had a phone until he felt a tiny vibration on his thigh when he was blatantly staring at the girl in front of him.

Jimin pulled out his phone to see that it was Namjoon that was calling. He forgot he was supposed to be in the club, it was his idea to begin with. He accepted the call and immediately the sound of the music blasting in the club sounded through his receiver.

“Oh hyung, what’s wrong?” Jimin timidly asks and he glances at Y/N who now has stopped writing to look curiously at the guy. And when Namjoon spoke up, to say that he was surprised would be an understatement. Jimin had expected that Namjoon would sound angry, not… giggly and drunk.

“ChimChim,” Namjoon had exclaimed and Jimin winced at the unusually somewhat high-pitched voice Namjoon as he continued to speak or rather slur now “nothing’s wrong. Just wanted to tell you, to find another ride or something. I’m going home with someone else tonight. Not sure where she wants to go, our place or hers. But I think we’re going to our place, find somewhere else to sleep just in case. Byee~~~~” and then he hung up. And Jimin pulled hid phone away from his ear only to stare at it dumbfounded.

Jimin had his mouth opening and closing repeatedly and Y/N snorted at the sight snapping Jimin out of his reverie.

“Who was that?” she asked sincerely.

“My friend, we were supposed to go to the club together. But as you can see, I got side-tracked,” he glanced pointedly at Y/N and almost immediately her cheeks tinted pink and Jimin had to restrain himself from cooing “and now he’s planning to bring a girl home and he told me to look for another place to stay at. Unbelievable.” Jimin huffed out.

Y/N was about to respond when her own phone started playing My Little Pony theme song making her eyes roll in irritation and annoyance because there was only person in her contact list that would have “Friendship Is Magic” saved as her contact ringtone despite the many times she’d change it back to something less exposing. Sana.

Meanwhile Jimin threw his head back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter