1/1

This Is How You Fall In Love

Because we fall in love like how normal people fall in love. No matter how complicated our situation is, we fall in love. Just like how normal people do.

They met at a wedding photo shoot.

Their wedding photo shoot.

He was running late and all he can think of is his secretary throwing profanities at him when he arrives because five minutes ago, Baekhyun is already furious!

“I swear with every living cell of my existence Kim Junmyeon if you don’t show up within ten minutes I’m going to skin you alive!” Baekhyun threatens him over the phone.

He’s definitely doomed. Really eternally doomed.

Why is he late even? Why can’t he drag himself out of his bed this morning?

Well, it definitely boils down to one thing, this thing that they are having today will only confirm the impending doom that he had tried to escape this whole time. The only thing in his life that he has no control of. That thing that his mother constantly reminds him every single day when he turned of age. That thing that has been decided years ago, even before he was born. That thing that he cannot seem to comprehend whether he likes or hates.

Hey! This is Yixing.

That’s the first opening greeting that the other party used on his first email to him. Yes, an e-mail. He doesn’t know how he managed to get his personal e-mail but he did. Baekhyun only laughed at it. He felt indifferent.

My dad “informed”  me about the wedding that we will be having in six months. It says.
I also happen to know that you are a busy person so let me handle all the things regarding the wedding.

He said.

My secretary will just be in touch with yours for the schedule of things and such. I will be personally designing our invitation and will be sending you the drafts. This is my e-mail address and I will just give you my number through your secretary so just please contact me if you have questions and suggestions. Good Day!

That was his fiance’s first ever attempt to talk to him.

Hell! It’s in a form of a formal corporate letter! He facepalms himself  as he remembers.

This is all going like a whirlwind and he can’t even cope up.

“Just relax, it will be okay” His older brother once told him over family dinner
“I heard he’s quite nice” He reassured him

But he does not want nice.

“Hyung why does it have to be me?” He asked

His brother thought about it for a while then shrugged.

“Ask grandfather, he’s the one who made that pack. Well at least we get to merge”

He does not even know if he liked the idea at all.

Thankfully he arrived at the venue, not too far from the outskirts of the city, with a semi-calm Baekhyun waiting for him at the parking area.

“Oh my God Junmyeon-hyung! What are you even~?” Baekhyun tried to straighten his folded collar.
“What will they say if they see you like that?” He continued to fuss over Junmyeon.
“...That I work for an unorganized man?! Do you know what negative impact that possess towards my position as your secretary?!”
“You showed up late and now you are trying to give me a heart attack!” Baekhyun have somehow suddenly got a comb out of nowhere and combed his unruly morning hair.

His secretary then grabbed his hand, pulling him to the direction of what he supposed to be a studio. It looks like a warehouse really, but inside the place seemed to warped him into another dimension, there are lights and sets everywhere and people are going from-and-about. It was busy and they a cart was pushed in front of him with flower pots on it. He was dazed for a minute when he felt a nudge. He looked at Baekhyun, his secretary pointing at a certain direction. He could care less but then a figure was walking towards his direction. Stopping midway then the figure went back to where he came from.

He just shrugged it off but after a minute , someone cleared his throat, bowed then he was extending his hand.

“I - I’m Zhang Yixing~?” Yeah he sounded like that. Like he was unsure if he was indeed the Zhang Yixing.
“Kim Junmyeon” He accepted his hand

“I don’t know if other people does it like this but here we are Junmyeon-ssi” Yixing then shyly scratched his nape looking everywhere else but Junmyeon’s direction.

Junmyeon does not have a logical get back for that remark. He curtly smiled and nodded his head, feeling way lighter than this morning.

And maybe this is how you fall in love - this is how they fall in love. They fell in love just like how any other normal people did. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

The obligatory author's note! =D
Hi there! I really wanted to write an arranged marriage-ish fic for this ship because we lack sulay!arrangedmarriage BIG time! it's freakin' hard to find one.
Although this is reaaaallllyyyy short, I hope I imparted some happiiness and  enough sulay supply for your everyday feels! =)


P.S.
I actually have a longer arranged marriage fic for this ship but like PUNk OUTS (My ongoing 2-year-old fic) it is still unfinished. Sorry.

And as always, #SuLayISLIFE!

-SS