|1|

7 Minuets in Heaven (Byun Baekhyun)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                               ¤▪¤▪¤▪¤

 

I've helped 366 souls get to heaven since my 18th birthday, since I became a Soul Catcher. Soul Catchers have two jobs to do; 1. Find lost souls and decide whether they belong in heaven or not. 2. Make sure the bad souls never return.

It's been going fine after 4 years. Nothing's changed, apart from getting a new apartment and actually earning money from an actual job. Not that Soul Catching isn't my job, I've been born into it. My grandmother was a Soul Catcher and I guess I inherited her gift.

People think this is an easy job to do, judge people on how they act and decide if they're good souls or bad ones. But it's hard when Nightmares chase you, these are lost souls who escape hell to hunt you down for putting them there. We call them Nightmares because in all honesty they're quite terrifying to deal with. I mean could you imagine being chased by angry souls who can even come to the human world to kill you? Yeah it's not pleasant. Well I wouldn't actually know, but I've heard stories.

We have 7 minuets to decide on the souls. Every time you fall asleel you have seven minutes, although while you're sleeping its about 7 hours. Soul Catchers get their own soul taken to heaven, to see which souls are worthy. Then our souls return to our bodies. We are not allowed to spend more than seven minuets exactly. Nobody really knows what happens after seven minuets and we don't want to find out. It's been said that some Soul Catchers had their soul taken from them forever.

 

¤▪¤

 

I yawn as I stretch out my legs before propping myself upright in my bed. I take my small whiteboard next to my bed and erase the number 6 on it to make it a 7.  367. Another lucky soul. I sigh in relief as I put back the board back and get ready for work. Being a salesperson isn't the most fun job in the world but it gets the bills paid.

I check my watch. 6:16 a.m. That gives me around 30 minuets to get ready for work. I get changed into my work clothes. A black pencil skirt, along with a pink blouse and black blazer with my name tag and a small pink Lotte written on the pocket. It's a well known mall. I wouldn't have gotten the job if it weren't for the manager being a Soul Catcher.

I finish doing my hair and makeup and begin to start with breakfast. I make the usual, scrambled eggs and toast with camomile tea.

Once I finish my breakfast I grab my bag and make sure I have everything I need in it before checking the time. 6:43 a.m. Taking my house keys I start heading outside and towards the train station. After paying for a ticket I head onto the train sit on one of the seats provided. To my right a school girl is seated; she looked about 16 or 17. Her hair was dark and shoulder-lenght, her fringe slightly covering her intense gaze on her phone. Her name tag showed that she was Choi Jeonghwa. As she was playing on her phone she sensed that I was looking at her. This made her tilt her head up to look me in the eyes.

 

¤ ▪ ¤

 

I now see Choi Jeonghwa. I look around to see that she's at a funeral. I feel her her head ach

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter