Cherry Blossom

Oversized Sweater

Mina sat on her couch with her sketchpad and pencil but gave up on trying to draw since she didn't had any inspiration and went to see what Sana was doing.

When Mina arrived at her sister's room, she was surprised to find Sana, Dahyun and Tzuyu playing cards. "What a snake," Mina silently hissed.

"May I join ?" Mina said as she grabbed a chair. "Ask me something that you haven't made a decision on," Sana rolled her eyes at Mina who joined in even before she answered.  

"4 clubs," Mina said as she placed down the card. "Hey doesn't clubs look like cherry flower ?" An excited squirrel started squealing, "And now that winter has ended, do y'all wanna go sightsee cherry blossom ?" "Sounds like a good idea." they agreed.

As Mina climbed up the stairs to her room, she was thinking about how beautiful spring would be in Japan. She always did love cherry blossom especially when the sight appears on her sketchbook. 

"Pack your stuff Myoui, we're leaving tomorrow." Sana pat her asleep sister's arm lightly and sighed. This penguin never seem to grow up. With a another sigh, Sana stood up and starting packing for both of them. 

-------

It was spring, also known as the most welcoming season. 

"This is so beautiful," Tzuyu said, hugging Sana from the back. Mina nodded, hugging her sketchbook lightly.  

"Come here and help !" Dahyun shouted. The hyper dubu now waving her eagle wings frantically trying to grab their attention to help her with the picnic mat and food. 

"Hey Myoui, stop dreaming will you," Sana snapped her finger in front of Mina's face, causing her to slightly jump. Sana laughed and started running towards Dahyun with a penguin wadding profusely behind her. Tzuyu sighed and face palmed. 

"It's 8 in the morning and y'all are drinking ? Way to spoil the mood." Mina frowned.

She then chuckled at the sight of the three of them looking up together with the same expression. (._.)? 

It wasn't long till the three of them got drunk and start to fall into deep slumber. "Sleeping on cherry blossom ? Way to go." Mina sighed. 
"Well at least I'm able to draw in peace." 

She was too focused and didn't realized a figure was walking towards her. It stayed there for some time and studied her sketch. "That's a good sketch," it commented. 

Mina jumped. Yes. Jumped. 

She leaped up from the ground and turned to the figure. 

"I must have surprised you haha. By the way my name's Hirai Momo. Nice to meet you." The figure in front of her put out her hand. 

...

"Uh hello ?" Momo waved. "Oh , I zoned out. My name's Myoui Mina. Nice to meet you too." She smiled slightly and reached for Momo's hand. 

When their hands met, Mina swear she could feel butterflies in her stomach and a weird shiver that went down her spine. 

"So soft..." It came out on accident and Momo laughed. The penguin blushed and hide her face in between her hands. 

"You're cute." Momo smiled and unintentionally made Mina blush even harder. 

"Are they your friends ?" Momo noticed the three bodies lying on the mat. "Yeah... they got drunk." 

Mina can't even she blushed thrice in just ten minutes because of the stranger in front of her (even though the third time was because she was embarrassed because of the three bodies). 

"Are you alone ?" Mina managed to asked. "Yea," Momo answered. None of them felt that it was weird to talk to each other even though they were complete strangers less than 30 minutes ago. 

They started talking. About basically everything. And was surprised to find that they had so much in common. Both of them likes art. One sketches, one paints. Both of them do dance. One ballad, one hiphop. Both of them loves jokbal. Mina likes it with ketchup and Momo like sit with mayonnaise. 

"Myoui I see that you have company hmm." Sana smirked. She was half surprised that her anti social sister made a friend. 

"Here let me introduce, this is Minatozaki Sana she's my cousin but we're close like real sisters and this is Hirai Momo." They shook each other's hands after Mina's short introduction. 

"We have to go already." Tzuyu said and started shaking Dahyun who's still asleep. 

"Oh," Momo mumbled, a hint of sadness in her eyes. Being an artist, Mina noticed this and gave Momo her number. She beamed and Mina blushed for the fourth time that day. 

"Let's meet again next cherry blossom ?" Momo asked. "Definitely. Good bye Momo. See you again," They hugged each other tight, hoping next spring will come soon. 

-------

From that day on, Mina and Momo have being texting each other everyday and even made Sana jealous of their friendship. 

They met again at the next cherry blossom. Same day, same time. 

This has been on going for a 3 years. 

Yet today, 4 years after their first meet. Momo was late. Mina was anxious and tried calling her a lot of times. 

"That's a good sketch," a voice came behind her. Okay so, Mina jumped again. Deja-vu. 

"Hey !" Mina shouted, a bit too loud, earning them curious looks from other people. "Why are you late ?" she asked, quickly starting a topic to hide her blushing face. 

"You said that you're coming to Tokyo for your studies, right ?" Momo asked. "Yea ? You haven't answered my question," Mina frowned, slightly annoyed. 

Without any answer, Momo kneeled on one knee and a bouquet of white jasmine appeared on her hands. 

"So uh, it's been four years since we met and I really enjoyed your presence. Now that you're gonna move to Tokyo, where I live, i just want to say that I love your gummy smiles, your silly texts, overused emoji, rants and all. Myoui Mina, I like you." Momo stopped here and took a deep breath. "Will you be my girlfriend ?" Momo shut her eyes tight, fearing that she'll get rejected.

She heard no answers and was about to apologize but she felt the weight on the hand was gone. 

Slowly, she opened her eyes and saw a crying penguin hugging the flowers. 

Momo started panicking. She was never good with people crying. While her head is in a mess, she instinctively embraced Mina in her arms. 

"I like you too, pabo. I thought you don't and was afraid that my feelings will break our friendship." Mina sobbed. Momo was relieved. 

Their feelings were mutual. 

Lifting her head up, Momo leaned down and kissed her lips.

She never felt so right before.