One More Step

'So I Married A Fan' Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

            You waited by the door holding the bouquet of flowers they handed to you. You were jittery and you couldn’t hear anything the staff says. You just stared at them as they held on the door knobs. You started to feel panic that your nerves became jittery. The two staffs stared at you, tilting their heads gesturing you something. What were they saying?

            You looked up front to see the interior of a church. Your eyes widened as you caught the sight of familiar celebrities, not just any celebrities but the ones you idolize. Your senses came to you as the soothing music that seemed to be about love reached your ears. You turned towards Moonji who pointed her hands towards your front.

            You couldn’t respond. You just returned her a panicked and stuttering look. Moonji pouted and lightly pushed you from the back, making you step forward. You swallowed. You hesitated but continued to walk as Moonji assisted you in the few first steps of the entrance until she finally let you on your own.

            You want to stop but stopping in the middle isn’t good. As you marched your way slowly, you can hear the sound getting louder and your footsteps getting heavier. You just looked upfront but the sight was blurry. Anxiety was blinding you though when you see who’s waiting in the isle, you’ll become more nervous than you ever were that you’d probably be petrified.

            It was only a matter of time until you couldn’t hear the wedding music as well and all you can hear was the tug in your heart that’s getting louder. It kept on thumping so hard that your chest might break out. You were so close to the isle. You finally made it out to see who was there. The one who seemed to be a priest and as your eyes moved to the one standing beside him, a tall red-headed person who had a smile plastered in his face offering his hand to you as you approached.

            You stopped on your tracks on the spot facing the tall man. You stared at the hand. The hand of someone so high that you couldn’t possibly reach. Can you really reach this hand?

            What if you don’t accept this hand that he was offering? What if you drop everything now and just run away? Wouldn’t it be better? It’s so unfair that you get to do this thing with the one you idolize compared to the other fans who were just the same as you. You didn’t want this. You just want to support him, right? But this, this is a little bit too much for a fan though if another fan was chosen, some might have agreed to this too as soon, right? Right? That you didn’t have to ask the second time even if they were scammed of some sort. Who would probably decline an offer like this?

            You. You think too much but it’s not all bad. What’s wrong with being careful and thinking of all the possible things that could happen?

            ‘No.’, you told yourself. ‘Maybe this was just a dream right now. I’ll just pinch myself or something and I’ll wake up soon because this is just too good to be true.’

 

 

- July 9, 2016 –

 

 

            “Whoa, recently we just debuted as idols, now our Chanyeol-ah is getting married.”, Suho raised up his finger to wipe out his invisible tears.

            “Hyung… quit fooling around.”, Sehun spoke passing a stern look to his leader.

            “Ya, Chanyeol must be nervous.”, Lay placed his hand on the back of the tall red head.

            “I'm not, hyung.”, Chanyeol shrugged. “I just want to get this over with.”

            “Ohh, he must be excited to meet his wife!”, Baekhyun exclaimed getting all jumpy.

            The red head twitched his eyebrows, “I'm not!”

            “Well, I am!”, Baekhyun beamed a playful smiled as he crossed his arms.

            “Then you should marry her then!”, Chanyeol raised a brow at his annoying members.

            “So feisty, our Chanyeolie.”

 

            “They wouldn’t have just chosen someone unpretty, right?”, Baekhyun smiled wryly as he raised a brow.

            “Ugh, who cares about that, we’re gonna break off soon.”, Chanyeol smirked.

            “Jeez, you two are just getting married now and you’re already talking about breaking up. Give her a chance.”, Lay advised.

            “Ugh.”, Chanyeol let out a sigh. “Isn’t this already a one heck of a big chance already?”

            “Jeez, you’re so grumpy these days, Chanyeol-ah.”, Sehun muttered. “I mean hyung!”

            “I can’t believe Chanyeol is the first one to get married out of all of us.”, Kyungsoo murmured.

            “You shouldn’t envy me. Do you guys wanted marriage to be this way? Forced?”, Chanyeol gave a defeated look towards Kyungsoo.

            Everyone prayed silent after that. Chanyeol was right. This wasn’t a joking matter. Chanyeol was first to get married alright but he’s getting married to someone he doesn’t love. He doesn’t even know the girl. This might be a step forward but this isn’t a good thing or maybe it is?

 

            “Hmp. What time is it anyway? Isn't it time already?”, Chen nagged as he checked on his wristwatch. It was really late already and one of the staffs noticed that the members were getting all groggy like impatient little children.

            “___-ssi came in late but she's getting ready now.”, the staff informed the members.

            An idea came to Lay’s mind, “So is this like the saying, the queen is never late?”

            “Aish. I can’t believe that girl…“, Chen mumbled.

            “Oh…”, Kai mouthed as he looked to a certain direction as the door creaked open in slow motion. “I think the queen is coming.”

            “Is that her?”, Baekhyun said making all the members look at the direction.

 

 

- - - - -

 

 

            You became calm and composed as ever. You even stared into him as if this was really a dream. It was, wasn’t it? That’s what you believed at the moment to keep yourself sane.

            You did everything you studied in the script that Moonji gave you earlier on in this long dream of yours. You bore in your mind that you’ll wake up sooner or later but the wedding just neared to an end. You pinched yourself from time to time but nothing happened. You thought you would wake up after something big happened, something like being kissed by the one you idolize the most but it’s all for naught.

            “Okay, good job everyone.”, the head crew for the filming approached the two of you but soon focused on only you.

            “You did great, ___. Didn’t think that you’d be so good at acting.”, the head crew lightheartedly tapped on your back. “How did you remain so calm the whole time and be able to do everything in just one take? I thought we’re going to take tons today but we finished very much earlier than expected. Did you take acting lessons before?”

            He chuckled and you chimed along with him with a forced laugh. “I didn’t.”

            You were becoming rattled slowly but you tried to keep calm and inhaled deeply. Your loud abrupt slap on your cheeks shocked the head crew in front of you.

            He slowly moved a distance from you as he got weirded out so that it won’t be too obvious..

            “Uhm, well… Then it’s good. It must be pure talent.”, he exclaimed as he moved along to talk to the others.

            Your mind became blank after then as you tried to hurt yourself. Before you know it, you were in the reception place with the members and a few of the staffs and crew. You still weren’t waking up.

 

            “So this was your real job?”, it made you turn as someone tapped on your shoulder.

            “Oh, Lay-ssi. Ani, I-.”, you thought of the time Lay showed signs that he remembered you from the start and he still does. It came to your mind, ‘I was dreaming ever since the time I was tasked to return his clothes?... when I was still with my friend?’

            “I think I understand but what’s your name again?”, Lay flashed a polite smile.

            “Oh… it’s ___.”, you vacuously replied. You contemplated on when the dream could have started and when the last sleep you had was could be.

            “Oh, nice to see you again, ___-ssi.”, Lay offered his hand with a bright smile.

            You still froze. Everything was too vivid to become a dream.

 

            You were deep in thought as you faced down ignoring his comment. ‘Wait. So, Chanyeol kissed me for real?’

 

            ---

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter