Longer Than Forever

Longer Than Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Sunlight streamed into his bedroom through curtainless windows rendering everything in the room awash in overwhelming gold. It was a late afternoon and Jinwoo was on his bed sinking deeper into the downiness of his pillows, a slumbering hairless cat pressed on each side. His bedroom door is ajar, on purpose - so that he can hear better the sound of Seungyoon playing his guitar in the living-room. Through the tiny gap, Jinwoo can see his shoulders subtly moving up and down as he plucked his guitar strings and drew note after note.

 

Without seeing his face, Jinwoo knew from his memory alone just what expression Seungyoon likely had on at that very moment. With his head bowed low, it’s easy for Jinwoo to imagine Seungyoon’s brows knitted in concentration, teeth lightly biting down on his plump lips to the blood. At times Seungyoon would hum along, repeating the same melody over and over until he was satisfied with it. Other times Seungyoon would sing - of love songs, of silly little things - it doesn't really matter whichever one because each and every single time, it manages to knock the air right off Jinwoo’s lungs.

 

“What do you think?” Seungyoon’s voice echoes through the short distance, “Like it?”

 

The way Seungyoon turns his head to face him and meet his gaze through the gap amazes him. Truthfully, Jinwoo couldn’t quite find the right words to say to him about his piece. When it comes to Seungyoon, he’s never been able to find the right words. Per usual, Jinwoo doesn't say anything. Instead, he smiles at him and hopes from the bottom of his heart that it’s enough to convey even a tenth of whatever it is that Seungyoon has roused in him.

 

“You always do that. Smile at me prettily just like that...”

 

Seungyoon stops playing his guitar, the sound of his socked feet shuffles against the wooden floor snapping Jinwoo out of his reverie.

 

“Did you even listen to me playing? I bet you were just napping away...” Seungyoon accuses. Jnwoo smiles at him again as his bed creaks with his extra weight.

 

“I heard it all.” Jinwoo assures, “I just don’t know what to say.”

 

“Then, was it good? Or was it bad?” Seungyoon’s lips cutely jut out at him.

 

“It was everything.” Jinwoo tells him, quietly, honestly. “I wouldn’t mind listening to you play it over and over again my whole life.”

 

Seungyoon’s eyes softened, for a few moments Jinwoo marvels over the gentle curve of his upturned lips. “You want to be with me for that long?”

 

“I want to be with you even longer.” Jinwoo’s hands instinctively cup Seungyoon’s face, “Longer than forever.”

 

The grin that breaks into Seungyoon’s face was wider than that of the Cheshire cat. Seungyoon abruptly tackles him, pushed down the bed he becomes a pleasant weight over his body. For a few seconds Jinwoo sees floppy puppy ears manifest on Seungyoon’s head followed by a tail wagging behind him zealously. Seungyoon’s lips land on his neck

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter