The 9th door

Christmas with Markjin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

* The ninth door *

~

It's winter and as always King Park holds a chistmas themed masked ball, which nobles, celebrities and other vips from all over the world attend.

It's a huge honor to be able to take part in this event, if you weren't born in a titled family and you get invited then you know you made it into the high society world.

While all the Invited sparkle with excitement and are happily busy with preparing whatever's important for such an occasion it's a really stressful matter for the royal family.

Not only do they have to organize the event, like for example what food is served, no, they have to think about how it's possible to present the country and government in the best way possible. Everything has to be planned and thought through. There's no place for mistakes since the ball is important for the nations peace, as well as the countries economy, politics and rank of the global importance.

This year the ball is of even more importance than usual. Kind Park wants to introduce his son Park Jinyoung to the world, the boy who will be his successor and play a big role to the whole planet.

It's significant that he makes a good impression, the way he'll come across to the present is going to make an impact on the way other countries are going to treat theirs in the future, it decides over the relations between the different states and if the nation will accept him. Everything depends on this single evening.

To say the kings son feels pressured is understated, still he can't help but feel happiness and excitement flow through his veines when he thinks of the evening. Not only did he wait for this day since he was a little boy but he's also going to meet a very special person to him again. 

Prince Tuan.

 Since their states are really close and their parents have good relations the two boys have met on different occassions since they were young.

Still they didn't have much to do with each other, until one faithful evening...

It was the Queen Parks birthday, one of the most important dates of the year and an extremely big celebration took place, where not only royals but also the normal people could come. 

Not ever before such a marvelous ceremony occured, it was a pleasure for everyone who was there, something they would always remember and in their hearts would connect with joy and delightness.

One person wasn't really happy on this evening though. It was the little son of the Parks, prince Jinyoung, who nobody paid attention to since everyone was too busy with celebrating. He felt left alone, his suffering getting even worse as he fell from the royal swing and opened up his knees. He knew his mum would get mad at him for dirtying his sumptuous clothes and also he never felt such a pain before, his knees uncomfortably stinging. 

Unexpectedly an angel appeared, who he later found out wasn't an angel but a prince just like him, and took good care of him, cleaning up his knees, comforting him and playing with him after he calmed down.

From this day on the two princes Mark and Jinyoung became very good friends and eventually as they got older envolved in something more.
(They haven't defined what exactly they are yet but it can be said that they are close, really close.)

Sadly since both of them are busy with their studies and royal commitments, and also Mark was introduced as successor of his own country not too long ago, they haven't been able to see each other for a while.

Jinyoung can't wait to meet his best friend, probably also his only friend, again at the ball. Secretly his heart beats a little bit faster at the thought of Mark in a suit and with a mask. The other is already mysterious and handsome enough, how hot will he be all dressed up then?

Actually Jinyoung shouldn't think of something like this right now, he's supposed to learn his introduction speech by heart. In Jinyoungs opinion noone ever cared about speeches anyway, he's confident in his charme and knows how exactly to wrap people around the finger so they'll fall for him instantly. Of course he feels a little nervous, but is he scared of failing? Not really.

Days pass, and due to the many preparations that have to be made Jinyoung totally forgets the time, suddenly realizing that , today is the day. There are only a few hours left till the ball starts, till he sees Mark again.

Usually he's a really hungry kid but today the breakfast tablet stays untouched on his bed while he dissapears into the bathroom, feeling kind of nauseous. If he wouldn't know better he'd say he's sick but he knows the feeling in the pit of his stomach isn't on the basis of an illness. The uncomfortableness comes from a mix out of nervousness and excitement.

He spends the remaining hours before the ball with cleaning and dressing himself, and pacing through his room like a captured wild animal.

Finally it begins to dawn and the first guest roll in, Jinyoung excitedly jumping through the palace and unpatiently waiting for the allowance to enter the ballroom.

The time he has to wait until he's let in feels like an eternity but it's worth it.

The sight he's greeted with as he walks through the large, arched doors is breathtaking. It's not the first time he's been here but the luxury, the beauty of it manages to impress him everytime.

The room is dim, but lightened up enough by the thousands of candles lit around the room. Jinyoung stares at the shining diamond chandeliers hanging above his head in awe and admires the romantic athmosphere his parents managed to create.

A soft melody fills the room, making the party guest swing their hips lightly while sipping on glasses filled with old expensive wine and champagner.

Jinyoung feels a litt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter