First Time

A Collection of Short Darahae Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Totally unedited and random. But feel free to let me know how it was for you because even I haven't read it after typing LOL Enjoy! 

 

First Time

 

He was a lot of firsts for her.

 

He was her first friend in middle school after they had just moved into town. He was the first good person who sat with her during lunch because big bullies disguised as bratty teenagers wanted to gang up on her, the new kid.

 

She was weak and he became her strong pillar and that went on for months before she had the courage to ask for his name. "Hae," he had quipped at her at that time, his brows furrowing as he wondered why she had the sudden need to ask him for his name.

 

"I am Dara," she had whispered back, raising her eyes at him while nibbling on the dried persimmons her mom had included in her lunch bag.

 

"So the little miss finally decides to talk," he replied slyly, the ends of his eyes crinkling as he tried to bite back the little smirk he wanted to give her.

 

That was the beginning of their weird friendship. She was his complete opposite—all pure and innocent—and he was the potential bad boy—brooding and mad at everyone else around him.

 

But she got into him as he had gotten into her.

 

Like all the cliché sappy high school movies, the good girl has fallen in love with the bad boy and she, Dara knew nothing but the fact that she had never wished for any romance but this—the kind of romance only he could offer her.

 

Like she had said, he was a lot of her firsts.

 

 He was the first one who had taught her to climb over garden fences after school guards locked them so they could spend most of their afternoon all cuddled up in a tree, watching the skies and arguing about how clouds were shaped.

 

He had dragged her into the school gym after hours so they could swim and frolic around like besotted teenagers.  That wasn't her first time to break school rules but it was her first time to skinny dip. It was her first time to be in front of a boy she really liked and he had not even made a move to touch her.

 

She still thinks about that afternoon sometimes and she would berate herself for not having the kind of body that would make her boyfriend desire her like a man does to a woman. But that fleeting sense of disappointment had not lasted long as he had asked her to come with him to the dance where she had her first real drink and her first real kiss.

 

She may have been one of the easy ones, after all.

 

Her first time with her first boyfriend was on the first night he had kissed her. It wasn't the best but it got better as they were doing it days and weeks everywhere they went. They were blinded by this false sense of security called love that they weren't even careful enough not to be caught doing it at the backseat of her parents' car.

 

Imagine how that had played out.

 

Her mother was yelling obscenities and her father was so, so ready to clobber him after they hurriedly dressed themselves.

 

It had only started with her dabbing herself with some of her mother's stolen perfume but it was night full of terrors as it ended with her watching her father's face redden up with so much anger he had connected his fist through the wall.

 

That was the first ever time Dara had ever seen fear in Hae's eyes.  The initial embarrassment they had felt had turned into guilt and that night was the first time she ever had to bow down in front of her parents to ask for forgiveness. That was the first time she ever had a guy promise her parents that was never to happen again.

 

Perhaps Hae had seen something greater than fear that he was hellbent on not touching her after that incident that happened.

 

She was right. And he had told her exactly why.

 

He came from another world and it was so unlike hers. She came from a perfect family.  Her parents were reputable and respected by the community but all he had was a poor, single mother who worked odd jobs just so they could pay for their bills.

 

For Hae, he had the kind of family that her parents would never approve of. As young as he was, he knew he loved her. He had loved her ever since he saw her cowering in the sidelines on her first day in her new school. And he knew that love wasn't going to be enough reason for her parents to accept him. He refused to touch her because he wanted to earn their trust. He had told her they could freely love if he'd do that. And all she had to do was to be patient and wait.

 

And she knew, deep down inside, that he was right.

 

But that didn't stop her from kissing him. Didn't stop her from demanding him to kiss her as he had always done. And that was the problem. She didn't see past this love…this infatuation. All she saw, as young as she was, was the fact she wanted to be with him. Her feelings...her heart…and her body.

 

She wanted to give all those completely to him.

 

So she proposed for them to run away to a place where no one would stop them from doing whatever it was renegade lovers do. She knew nothing of the world and he was about the same but she knew he was her world, and that, for her was already enough to leave whatever future she could have in school and whatever future he could have had he chosen to abide by her parents' rules.

 

Their elopement was immaturity at its finest. And the first few days have been hard with them just living on what little savings she had taken with her. He had taken on odd jobs like his mother was doing and he had never wanted to be the same but there he was, trying to live like every single day was their last.

 

It was her first time living in the real world with her first real love and not even the want of a better life could convince her to just go back and retrace their hasty steps.

 

She knew it was going to be tiring—proving to themselves that they could live with what little money and what little education they had.  She knew at some point they would just give up. She just didn't know that it was him who would get tired of it first.

 

A month and a half after, he had taken off without a word. She was cold and hungry and waiting for him to come home to that crummy bed space they had luckily found and rented. She had woken up nauseated that morning and Hae had tended to her before he had left saying he was going to come back with something

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter