Time.

Pink Floyd

The lyrics blasting from the man's headphones caught my attention. I knew them.

We don't need no education.

We don't need no thought control.

No dark sarcasm in the classroom.

Teacher leave them kids alone.

Hey! Teacher....

I knew the lyrics by heart and started humming to them. I knew it was wrong since we were in the library and as the librarian I knew I should've asked him to turn it down for the sake of the readers there, but I couldn't. 

Instead I went into the break room and read my book, ignoring the bell ringing over and over again for checking out books and assistance.

Instead I just breathed in the still air, and read The lovely bones.

It was a book me and my childhood friend Jaehyun would read together, and wrote out illustration's on the side. The doodles were still there on the book and I smiled bitterly at them. He left three years ago and was supposed to contact me back when he'd come home, but he never did. 

His parents stopped talking to me, and I could only think of the worst. But the worst, was way, far, from the truth.

I went out for my break and realised my break was actually my full shift and I saw someone else with blonde hair taking my shift. I didn't know his name, but I knew his last name. Jung. 

I walked past him and mumbled an apology. He looked at me and smiled, I stared at his dimple self-consciously, and then made my way to the bus stop. I stopped my train of thought, and stepped onto the bus.

The next day...

I readied myself for work, and remembered that my roommate was supposed to come today, and that I did take a day off. 

I took off my work clothes and immediately went into my normal comfort clothes. I had cleaned a bit, and fixed my jacket. It hit me then that the person that had been listening to Pink Floyd was the man at the counter taking my shift. 

Strange, I thought.

I cleaned up the slight mess, aka dust around my apartment, and fixed up my bed that would be soon, not be a lone one as he will bring up his own twin bed into our room. 

I sighed and fixed everything to my side that was of course mine, and made an empty space for him. 

I made sure my dirty clothes were in a bin or washing, and made sure nothing was laying around. 

I wondered a bit, the clock saying 2:45P.M and decided to put on some Pink Floyd, the mysterious person still lingering on my mind. 

Hey You was playing and I slowly melted into the beat of the song, and fantasized about the man who was playing Another Brick In The Wall, and although the song wasn't playing; I started to think about Shine On You Crazy Diamond. The song suited him in my mind. I went back to Jaehyun and how I even told him myself that he had remembered me about that exact same song. 

Hey You had stopped playing and Time had started playing as well, but they lyrics of Shine on you crazy diamond had been playing in my head. 

I remember letting a single tear down my cheeks, but the knocking at the door and the chimes of Time has disruptted my thoughts. 

I looked at myself in the mirror and opened my door. 

My smile soon died down and my blood had ran cold as it was the same man from the library there. He smiled brightly and introduced himself. 

"Hello I'm Jung Jaehyun, I'm the person to be your new roommate." He said excitedly, and I felt myself going lightheaded. It was him. All this time, it was him. 

"Why," is all I said. "Why haven't you talked to me all these years." 

"What do you mean by that?" He said nervously.

"Nevermind that, hello my name is Kim Dongyoung." 

"Doyoung." 

"I've missed you." I sobbed. 

"I'm sorry," Is all he said. He looked guilty, so I let him off with that but I slipped with realisation.

"I love you." I whispered. He looked at me and pulled me into the hallway, slamming the door behind him, he kissed me hard. There was no holding back. Just pure love, and passion. 

 Home, home again. I like to be here when I can. When I come home, cold and tired, it's good to warm my bones by the fire. 

 


A/N: wow wtf this anyways I love Pink Floyd lmao bye 

Funfact: I wasn't listening to time while reading this, but when I was proofreading it I was lmao.