fin

sleep

jeongguk was laying in bed, eyes closed, mind wandering. he couldn't fall asleep, no matter how long he laid underneath the blankets with his eyes shut. his mind refused to calm down and it frustrated him to no end. no matter how many times he shifted sides or no matter how many times he flipped his pillow around, jeongguk could not sleep.

sitting up in a huff, jeongguk rubbed his eyes harshly and climbed down from the top bunk. years of going to the bathroom in the dark had made him an expert at this art form, the first few months had consisted of embarrassing falls or one of his feet getting stuck. he made his way to the door and into the hall, soon standing in front of the familiar door at the end of the hall.

opening it just a crack, he could see two dark forms lying in bed and jeongguk breathed a sigh of relief. yoongi was in bed for once instead of in the studio. perhaps that was why he couldn't sleep.

quietly entering the relatively clean room, jeongguk walked slowly over to yoongi's bed and, when he reached it, placed a gentle hand on yoongi's shoulder and shook the smaller man. jolting with a start, yoongi blinked his eyes open slowly and looked at the cause of the distraction, a gruff “'ggukie?” escaping his lips.

“i... i can't sleep...” jeongguk explained in a whisper, knee raised onto the bed. “could you tell me a story?” his voice was hopeful. it was a little childish to ask to be read a bedtime story, especially when he was an adult. though one could argue that nineteen still meant you were a teenager. a moment of silence passed, tense in the night air, when yoongi huffed out a breathless laugh and raised the covers, scooting closer to the wall.

“come on, then.” jeongguk climbed into the warm bed gratefully, escaping the cold air. a warm arm found it's way around his waist while warm air puffed against his forehead. “what do you want to hear about?” the question was simple yet jeongguk found the answer difficult. honestly, anything would work. yoongi's gruff voice often had a calming effect on him.so he shrugged, shifting closer to the other to steal the warmth. “anything. whatever you want to talk about.” he mumbled into the bony chest, the remnants of that days cologne clinging to his sleep shirt. jeongguk pursed his lips after a moment, eyes opening to look at the amused expression on yoongi's face before sliding shut. “tell me about your day.”

after a moment of silence, yoongi started recounting the day, how after dance practice he had gone back to his studio to work on a few new experimental tracks, trying to change up his style or even if he wanted to. halfway through, he opened his eyes back up to see jeongguk's sleeping face, mouth parted ever so slightly to show off his overbite.

smiling softly, yoongi pressed a soft kiss to jeongguk's forehead before easily falling back into his dream, pink dusting his cheeks.


this is why i don't write anymore lmao
also

i'm weak for them and u can in' fite me