Final

I'll catch you when you fall

A/N: English is not my first language so pardon me for any mistakes. Also, in case anyone misunderstands, I wrote this one-shot with no intention of bashing Yuju. In fact, those are just my observations and I personally don't think there's anything wrong with it either because at the end of the day, Yuju is still human :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yuju can sing; she can dance; she can act; and she can entertain. She is an all-rounder and gets people questioning if there is something not within her ability. Probably nothing. In everyone's eyes, she is always the perfect and lovable girl that no one can brings themselves to hate on.

Everyone loves her, including the leader who has been silently watching over her all these while. However, Sowon soon realises that the girl isn't how the public has made her out to be.

Once; Sowon doesn't miss the brief look of disappointment with a little mix of jealousy on her face when the manager announces a new collaboration project for Eunha.

Twice; Sowon witnesses the awkwardness on her face when she is the only one whose dance moves is constantly corrected by the choreographer in front of many pairs of eyes.

Thrice; Sowon never fails to notice how she would exaggerate her actions and behaviors such that the hosts would applaud and laugh at her intentionally funny antics.

Yuju likes to flaunt her singing skills and she likes to talk about herself a lot. No doubt, she is attention-seeking and all the members know that. Sometimes, they thought that she tries too hard but deep down, they know that she is simply just insecure.

Her confidence is just a façade.

Whenever Yuju excuses herself to the bathroom, the members would always pay attention to the smeared make-up on her face when she is back. They know that she has cried again. And as they ponder whether to go up and comfort her, Sowon decides that it would be the best to pretend that they never saw anything.

Yuju is so prideful of herself and she won’t like it.

However, there is another instance when Sowon knows she should step forward. It is during that particular stage at the event which leads them to be remembered by the public; that one particular stage that leads to Yuju’s outburst of tears. She knows that she doesn't cry because the falls hurt. She is embarrassed and afraid to be laugh at. And the leader doesn't hesitate to put her arms around the girl and engulfs her into a tight hug.

Yuju is full of flaws but Sowon still loves her.

“Will you catch me if I fall?” The sudden question catches Sowon off guard as she looks at the girl beside her with a hint of amusement. “Don't laugh.”

“Haven't I been catching you all these while?”

A satisfied grin appears on Yuju’s face as she shies away from the intense stare. Rubbing her arms, she fixes her gaze into the darkness of the city as the sound of the chair swaying back and forth replaces the silence.

“Cold?” She isn't even allowed the chance to answer when Sowon takes her sweater off and puts it on her before reaching out to hold her hands. 

Sowon wraps her arms around the girl before brushing her hair off her cheek slowly and placing a kiss on her cheek. She allows it to linger on the spot a little longer.

“Just remember that I'll always be here,” Sowon whispers gently.

When the girl looks back at her and smiles, she realises that she is all she ever needs.