1/1

The Library's Assistant

Mina’s POV:


 

“Awww stop it you!”

 

“No. You stop it!”

 

“Stop what?”

 

“Stop being so cute.”

 

“Stop it!!”

 

Ohmygod these two are insufferable. Kill me now. Gouge my eyes out. Slice my ears off. Anything. 

 

I glare at the two idiots across from me, who can’t seem to get their hands off of each other.

 

“You two do realise that this is a library right? Could you at least spare the people here the torture of witnessing your cringe worthy PDA?”

 

“Just because you don’t have someone doesn’t mean you have to make others feel as lonely as you.” Nayeon shoots a look from where she is, “Besides we want to show off our happy relationship. Don’t we hon?”

 

As she turns to face her lover in question, Momo is already nodding enthusiastically.

 

“Mmhmm! I wanna show everyone that I love Nayeonie so so so much!”

 

“Well could you not make people feel sick while doing so? And don’t be so loud, as I said before, we’re still in the library.”

 

“Note taken.” she mumbles, slightly blushing as the old librarian lady pointedly looks at us from her desk near the entrance.

 

The slam of the huge oak door draws my attention as a tall figure comes rushing in.

 

“I’M SORRY I’M LATE! MY SISTER HAD A THING AND SHE FORGOT TO TELL ME ABOUT IT SO THEN I MISSED MY BUS AND I HAD TO RUN ALL THE WAY OVER HERE WITHOUT STOPPING AND I TRIPPED A COUPLE OF TIMES BUT–” the girl basically gasping out before being interrupted by the librarian.

 

“Shhh shhh. It’s alright dear. You know not much happens here anyway and besides the books that need to be put back in place can wait, there’s no rush.” she calmly reassures the panting girl bent over the desk, fanning her with her hands.

 

“I’m sorry anyways. I’ll get right to putting the books back where they belong and also sorting out the new stock that came in.” she then bows down at the old lady, turns away to drop her bag on a desk and then walk in the direction of the returned books.

 

I then turn around as I heard the two sickening lovebirds giggling.

 

“That’s the 3rd time this month she’s ran in like that. And it’s not like she’s that late again.”

 

“I wonder what important stuff she actually does here anyway to be running 6 blocks nonstop. And doesn’t she stay here for 5 hours a day anyway? She has all the time to do stuff.” Momo says letting out her thoughts.

 

It seems like they about her, so out of curiosity I asked them,

“Hey, who was that just now? Do you know her?”

 

“Oh Jeongyeonie? She’s the new library assistant, apparently it’s for community service, but she actually enjoys it here. She started coming here a couple weeks ago, don’t you know? Oh, that’s right! You were in Japan.”

 

Ahh it was when I went to visit my parents in Japan for 2 weeks. I come to the library every week so that’s probably why I found it unusual that someone just suddenly bursted in through the doors like that. 

 

Wait, what did she call her?

 

“Jeongyeonie..? You guys know eachother?”

 

“Yeah! Her name is Yoo Jeongyeon but we call her Jeongyeonie or Jeong or Jeongie or YOO JEONGYEON…. It depends really.” 

 

“She also comes to sit with us when she’s done doing her stuff and sometimes we go out for coffee or some other things.”

 

“Mmm mm. This one time she treated us to ramyeon and she also got me jokbal! But now the next time we go out I have to get her something….” 

 

I then nod slowly as a response. She seems like a nice person. She's not too bad on the eyes either. And she was kinda cute when she started rambling earlier…

 

Woah. What am I saying??

 

And before I know it a blush spreads across my face and the two imbeciles across from me notice it.

 

“Oooohh is our Minari developing a little crush on our Jeongyeonie? Hmm??”

 

“WHAT NO I WAS JUST–”

 

“You were just what?” a new voice intervenes.

 

I look over and right in front of me, I see her. She's so much cuter in person. Ugh! Stop that!

 

“Oh Jeongie, you’re here early! Didn’t you just get here though?” 

 

Sliding into the available seat next to me, she replies,

 

“Heh.. You saw?” she asks as she awkwardly scratches her neck in an adorable habit, “Umm, well turns out there really wasn’t much to do so I figured why not I come see my favourite couple.”

 

“I’m not buying you that milkshake you’ve been craving for a week now.”

 

“Puuuh, you’re no fun Nayeonie. No matter though, Momo owes me one anyway. Don’t you Momo?” she pouts first at the former before smirking at the latter.

 

I sit there awkwardly, not wanting to interrupt their conversation, but suddenly all the attention is then directed towards me, causing me to become flustered. 

 

“By the way Jeong, have you met our friend? She’s really cute and totally available if you know what I mean.” even her terrible winking won’t stop the red creeping up my neck.

 

“I believe I have not.” turning in her seat to face me, sticking her hand out, “Yoo Jeongyeon at your service.”

 

“M-Myoui Mi-Mina. Nice to meet yo-you” I shakily take her hand and it feels so warm. I curse at my self for the stuttering, but it’s already been said and done, what can I do about it now?

 

“Mina… what a beautiful name for a beautiful girl. And the pleasure is all mine.” she grins and then boldly brings my hand up and leaves a kiss on the back of it. The way her lips made contact with my skin and the way my name just rolled of her tongue left shivers running down my spine. Not once has my blush faded, even just a little bit… I think I have a problem.

 

Yoo Jeongyeon. What are you doing to me?

 


 

It hasn’t been long but lately all of us have been hanging out quite a lot after our study sessions, whether it’s going out for lunch, coffee or to the mall just for fun. I’ve gotten to know Jeongyeon much more than I ever thought I’ve wanted to, and quite frankly I don’t mind that at all. She really is as nice as how they said she was when we first met, she’s also charming, sweet, caring, cool and just so ugh! I think she does it on purpose, leaving me feeling all light headed and out of breath with my heart racing, but in a good way.

 

I seriously can’t get her out of my head, especially in moments like this when I’m left to my own thoughts while walking to the library before going to school, and without noticing I’ve already reached my destination. I enter the double oak doors and then head to the librarian’s desk. 

 

“Mina dear, what brings you here so early? Not that I don’t appreciate seeing you of course.” she asks in her usual soothing way.

 

“Hey Mrs Jung. It’s just that I have an essay due in a couple of weeks but I figured that I want to start off a bit early, and I was wondering if you had the book I need for research and reference. Here’s the title.” as I spoke the last sentence I hand her a small slip of paper with the words written on it.

 

 “Why of course we have this, but I’m not sure I can find it that quickly. That book does get used very often. Why don’t you come by later on after school and I’ll see what I can do, okay?”

 

Showing my gratitude while bowing slightly, I tell her that I’ll see her later as I then take my leave and head off to school.

 


 

After when school is finally over, I tell Nayeon and Momo to go on without me as I needed to go to the library to collect my book. For the second time today, I set foot into the large building filled with all types of knowledge and I go straight Mrs Jung’s desk.

 

“Mina honey, how was school?”

 

“It was uneventful as always Mrs Jung.”

 

“Well, I have your book right here ready for you. Here.” handing me the ridiculously thick book that I needed for my essay, “You know Jeongyeon came in earlier because it was her day off, and she spent her whole time here searching for that one book of yours. It was a shame that she had to leave early, it seemed like she really wanted to hand the book over to you herself.”

 

“Oh, did she now..?” I asked trying to sound casual in contrast to the fighting blush that was trying to make its way onto my face.

 

“Definitely, she was so restless about it too. And she looked a bit disheartened when she left, in fact she left not long before you came in, if only she hadn’t been so quick to go.”

 

The blush had won my internal battle, and my face noticeably reddened to the likes of a tomato. Wanting to leave the awkward situation, I bid Mrs Jung a good day and back away to the exit, however not before seeing her winking at me with knowing, twinkling eyes.

 


 

It’s been a few hours since I’ve gotten home and although I had wanted to start my essay off early, I’ve been putting off opening the book to make my notes. So after having a light dinner I head to my room upstairs and sit at my desk, ready to get things started. 

 

But what I didn't expect to see as soon as I opened my book caused me to question my eyesight to see if it was actually there.

 

….yep. It’s definitely there. It’s totally real.

 

I wonder if all this is actually really happening. Still doubting, I gingerly reach out to touch it and it is actually real, not just a trick of my tired eyes. I read over the contents over and over again, still not believing it. My heart races with each word and it becomes harder to breathe by the end of it. 

 

Dammit Yoo Jeongyeon, you cute and sly little hottie.

 

Right there on the first page of the book, a pale yellow sticky note was stuck to it. The only things written on it were:

 

XXX-XXX-XXXX

 

You’re really cute you know? 

 

Here’s my number. 

 

You should call me sometime.

 

I’d love it if you did so ;)

 

-Jeong

 


 

[A/N]: 

 

The ending is kinda eh, I’m sorry about that. Also this one was a bit short because I don’t really know how to do long ones or like proper multi chapter fics, but if you guys want me to do one, I’ll see what I can do maybe..? Just request it, whatever it is, I don’t mind.

 

Also I may not be able to write any time soon (well at least until the middle of December) cause I have a tonne of tests I need to study for (hopefully I do well ^.^) so I hope you guys can understand but I promise as soon as my exams are over I will be sure to pick up the pace.

 

So once again, thank you guys for reading, I do hope you have enjoyed this little thing.

 

And well…. BYE!!

 

- J