Chapter Two

Starstruck

Chaeyoung found herself sitting in front of a dimly-lit computer screen reading audition tips online. Some of the tips were listed on the entertainment company's website, but there were forums online she checked out as well. There were a surprising amount of trainees giving tips as well.

All of the tips were pretty standard. Drink water. Eat before your audition. Get lots of sleep. Show up early. Have a backup song. All of the tips she read, she already knew, so she began keeping notes of the numbers and addresses of places she was auditioning for.

The first company she was going to audition for was one of the biggest in Korea. YG Entertainment. Although she had read about YG artists' hiatuses, as well as other cons, she was going to give it a try. After all, it was one of the most successful labels.

The following weeks, Rose perfected her dancing and singing, not stopping until she was satisfied with the results. Rose was a perfectionist.

When she found herself sitting in that same cafe, she worked up the courage to talk to Lalisa. Although Chaeyoung had become less and less nervous after talking to her several times, today was going to be different. Rose wanted to ask for her number. It wasn't only because Rose thought Lalisa was cute, but also because she wanted to showcase her talents and get critiqued before auditioning. She wanted the opinion of her idol and inspiration.

As Rose approached the counter, she mumbled under her breath, "Okay Chaeyoung, you got this. Just like we practiced."

She had gone over this conversation by herself multiple times, becoming more and more confident as she went. Finally, she decided today was the day.

When she arrived back at the front counter, she asked to speak with Lalisa.

"One moment, I'll find her.", the lady behind the counter said. Rose thought she must have been the manager, by the way, she rolled her eyes at Rose's request, muttering, "I don't have time for this."

A few minutes later, Lisa came from the door leading to the kitchen.

"Oh, hey Chaeyoung. What's up?", she smiled brightly.

"I just- I wanted to ask you something." She stated.

"Alright, shoot. What's on your mind?" came Lisa's reply.

"I have been practicing and I think I am ready to audition," Chaeyoung said, confidence showing through her expression.

"Oh yeah? Great! Well, good luck and I hope you kill it!" Lalisa cheered.

"Would you like to see my audition? I could really use your critique." Rose asked.

"Heck yeah! This coffee shop won't do, though. Besides, my boss wants me to work harder. How about you give me your number and I will text you when I get off tonight?" Lalisa questioned.

"Of course!" Rose gave a sweet smile as she handed a slip of paper with her number written on it over the counter.

"Sweet. I'll text you later." Lalisa said, and turned to head back behind the door again.

Rose turned to head out of the shop, smiling to herself as she went. "That went smoother than I expected." she thought.

Rose wouldn't fully admit it, but she had been crushing on Lisa since they met. Of course, it's normal for fans to crush on their idols. However, this feeling seemed to go beyond that.  It wasn't love, Rose was sure of that. But she felt something light up inside her whenever she thought about Lalisa. 

"Maybe I am in... like. Not love. I am in like with Lisa." She thought as she walked up to her apartment steps. "But I can't let it go further." Rose was strict about dating and very stubborn. "Not until my career takes off." she had always said to herself. She put success before love, so things wouldn't "get messy" as she referred to it.

However, here she was at 12am, staring at her phone and waiting for a text from the girl she was "in like" with. This went on for about 3 hours before Rose's phone finally lit up and vibrated, signaling a text. She scrambled to reach for her phone, unlocking the screen to read the message.

"Chaeyoung?" said the text.

Rose replied, letting Lisa know she had the right number.

"Hey, pretty girl!", came the reply and Chaeyoung blushed hard. "Hang on, let me get the address for you."

A few minutes later, another text followed, and Rose was now staring at the address on her screen, writing it down in her address book. She let Lisa know she would be over the next day, on Lisa's day off.

She set her phone on her nightstand and moved into the bathroom to get ready for bed. Afterward, she shut off the light and sunk into her comfortable, warm bed. As Rose slept that night, she dreamt of Lisa, no matter how hard she tried not to.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Note from the author:

Hey! I just wanted to say, thank you for subbing! Also, I try to make my chapters at least 800 words long. I hope that's not too short ><

Let me know what you think in the comments!

-Myunghee