Saying Hello Again

Saying Hello Again

We can’t break up

It’s too early for us to break up

 

Tears rolled down his face uncontrollably. He couldn’t help but feel the pain. What could he do? She was gone. She is no longer there to be called when he needs her. He threw his fist against the wall of his living room, smashing in the weak dry wall. The landline phone clenched in his spare fist, he stumbled forward, muttering curses underneath his tired breath.

 

You can’t just leave me like this

There are lots of things I couldn’t say

 

He held his hand close to his heart, stumbling on forward. He made his way down the stairs of his small house, knocking down photos that hung up on rusted hinges. He lost her. He finally lost her. He thought she would hold on. He made mistakes but he couldn’t fathom ever losing her for the last time. She was his everything. She brought him up when he was down. This time it was her who took the fall.

 

Don’t leave me like this

Because it’s you

Really because it was you

 

He whispered under his breath “I love you” over and over, wishing for her to hold on desperately. His footsteps became more rapid, rushed as they flew down the stairs. He stumbled, grabbing his keys that she so foolhardily asked him to get rid of to no avail. A motorcycle is no good, she said. I don’t care, he said. She caught him cheating once, but only once. I have faith in you, she said. I don’t know what that means, he said.

 

Like this, like this … no

The reasons I live my life is because of you

Please don’t leave me

 

He wiped tears from his eyes, pushing his motorcycle key into the ignition. He didn’t bother to throw his helmet on, letting it sit helplessly on the back of his bike. Recklessly, he threw his landline phone onto the concrete, almost forgetting that he had not let it out of his tight grasp, not even once as he struggled to get the dreaded words out of his head.

 

You’re my love, my love that I miss, the person that loved me

Now I won’t be able to touch you but

As much as I miss you, do you miss me as well?

 

He drove off, his foot pressing down on the pedal heavily. Suddenly, rain began to fall, dripping into his tear stained eyes. Not caring, he blinked them away, sniffling as his mind drew itself back to her voice and her everything. His bike swerved into another lane, cars honking in front and behind him as he drove haphazardly.

 

The person that I loved crazily, hello

Because I loved you

Really because I loved you

 

He remembered the better days. The days before her cancer; the days before he became bored with their happy life together; the days before he became the person he is today. His vision clouded, his mind taken over by corrupt thoughts, he went on forward—the only way he thought he could go.

 

To death, I’m tired to death

Can you see me living through because I can’t die

Please come back to me

 

More sounds around him drew his attention away from the road, bringing him into several different worlds. He couldn’t tell what was real and what wasn’t. All he could feel was himself driving. What could he possibly do without her? He could keep living life, sure. But he’d miss her, would he not? He felt a pang in his heart as he continued to venture towards the hospital, in hopes that he had misunderstood the phone call that could change everything.

 

You’re my love, my love that I miss, the person that loved me

Now I won’t be able to touch you but

As much as I miss you, do you miss me as well?

 

His thoughts went to where she’d be without him. Would she go to Heaven and live on without him? Would she think about him as she floated around in an endless Limbo? Would he be able to see her in his dreams? Was it possible that she would never leave him at all? He felt his hands jerk to the right, swerving directly behind another car dangerously fast.

 

The person that I loved crazily

If this is how it’s going to end

If it really is the last

Go back to that time now, the time when we didn’t know each other

 

Vigorously, he shook his head. Nothing he did could get his thoughts off of the very person that he thought he loved. He could try but nothing would work. Even if he cheated, he couldn’t image not going back to her eventually at one point. He needed her as much as she needed him. That wouldn’t work now. Only one of them was alive to move on from his point. He wishes he could forget her but the memories are too engraved in the back of his mind.

 

If it’s too late, if it’s too late

You might leave me because living life for me would be too tiring

If this is how it’s going to end

If it really is the last

Go back to that time now, the time when we didn’t know each other

If it’s too late, if it’s too late

You might leave me because living life for me would be too tiring

 

It was last minute; his motorcycle drew too close, moving too close to an eighteen-wheeler pulling broken down cars. He let his hands free themselves from the handles, he let himself go. Was it on purpose or was he really just losing control at last? He closed his eyes, eager to let himself be. Things went by with one crash, the sounds of sirens surrounding him along with the sounds of shouts and hollers.

But with a final smile he knew that he would be able to say “Hello” once again to her another day.

 

R.I.P.

Yong Junhyung

1989-2011

“We each have our own history.”



a/n. i changed the plot very meagerly. the girl merely died of cancer and the main guy, Junhyung, died as well. i changed it a bit because i could. please do leave comments.