Stay Faithful

A Gentleman Is Always Prepared - A Guide by Lee Jinki

1. Stay Faithful

Why would you ever look around for others when that special one is right next to you?


 

 

 

“Are you ready to order, sirs?” asks a too-sweet voice.

 

Jinki shifts his gaze to greet the eyes of the waitress, azure almonds contoured by black lines that are smudged at the edges. She pulls the corner of her glossy lips into a soft smirk as her fingers twists the pen and pad cutely.

 

“Ah, yes.” Jinki flicks his eyes over the menu one more time, which is entirely unnecessary as he’d already decided on what to order, though proving subtly convenient in dismissing the waitress’ attempt at catching his eyes. “I’d like the Pulled Pork Sandwich, please,” he requests with an amiable smile, turning to his tablemate. “Jjong?”

 

Opposite him, legs crossed and elbows on the table, Jonghyun leans forward and studies the menu for a moment as well, chewing his plump bottom lip in thought. “Just a Chicken Salad,” he says when he finally lifts his head, and Jinki can tell from the way his lips thin that his smile is faker that the waitress’ blue contacts.

 

Jinki notices the waitress’ not-so-kind expression as she scribbles on her notepad, her subtlety quite unimpressive as she directs too-cheery eyes at Jinki instead. "Very well. And for drinks?”

 

“A coke, please. Medium sized,” he says, offering her an apologetic smile as counseling when Jonghyun supplies with a curt, “make that two.”

 

“Of course. I will be right back,” is the waitress’ parting promise before she sashays to the kitchen, followed by a very heavy glare from the other side of the table.

 

Jinki reclines easily, an amused grin curving his lips. “Tell me, have you perhaps gained an interested in the opposite again, Jonghyun? You can’t seem to takes your eyes off of her.” He gestures in the general direction of the kitchen for added effect.

 

Jonghyun snorts. “Please, she wasn’t even that pretty.” He fiddles with the pepper grinder for a moment before adding spitefully, “besides, I wasn’t the one she was practically eye-ing.”

 

“When did you acquire such bad manner of speaking?” Jinki dismisses the brunette’s last statement, pursing his lips to suppress the chuckle that threatens to seize his being at his tablemate’s obvious and quite endearing sulk.

 

“Kibum’s a bad influence. I’m only one of his many unfortunate victims.” Jonghyun raises his hands as if innocent, unsuccessfully trying to mask a grin by his telltale pout.

 

“You know, you can’t keep blaming Kibum,” Jinki singsongs.

 

“It’s working, isn’t it?” Smirking, Jonghyun rests his chin on his palm.

 

Jinki laughs. “Perhaps if you-“

 

“I’ve got your drinks!” the waitress’ high-pitched voice pipes up beside them, and Jinki notices how Jonghyun’s scowl returns not a second later. “The food will be out shortly,” she then cheers as her eyes locks with Jinki’s for longer than necessary, her fingers brushing against his arm when she finally turns to wait another table.

 

“There goes the Queen of Subtlety.” Jonghyun huffs before taking a sip of his coke.

 

“Leave her be,” Jinki reprimands gently to which Jonghyun once again pouts, producing a childish hum that Jinki can’t help but chuckle at. His laughter is quickly mirrored by his tablemate and they fall into a lighthearted conversation as they wait for their food to arrive. When they finally find the delicious plates to be held in front of their faces, it’s the same waitress who’s delivering them – only this time, her hair is tucked into a bun, the top buttons of her black shirt are undone and the eyeliner is no longer smudged.

 

Jonghyun receives his meal with relative ease, but when the waitress makes to put down Jinki’s dish, she bends over so that her cleavage is in full obtrusive display for him. Then she straightens up with what Jinki supposes is meant to be a y expression, offering a smug, “enjoy,” before she turns to saunter back to the kitchen.

 

Jonghyun is gaping incredulously when the door closes behind her. “What a ,” he hisses.

 

“Language, Jonghyun.” Jinki sighs, though entirely unaffected by the previous ordeal.

 

“Did you even see that?” Jonghyun barks, glancing around self-consciously when he catches the attention of some of the other guests. He quiets his tone before continuing, “she might as well have pranced over with her shirt ripped open and carried a neon sign on her chest that said oppa please me; it would’ve made no difference. She even redid her ing  makeup.”

 

“That’s very specific.” Jinki’s lips quirk at the way Jonghyun rolls his eyes. “Come on, you must admit it’s quite amusing to watch.”

 

“Oh, yes, hilarious,” Jonghyun deadpans, stabbing some lettuce, tomatoes and chicken, shoving it into his mouth with a disgruntled mien and Jinki feels kind of sorry for the salad.

 

Picking up his knife and fork, Jinki successfully manages to suppress his smirk as he tries to say his next words as casually as possible. “You’re unfathomably cute when you’re jealous.” Jonghyun splutters and Jinki doesn’t need to look up to know that his cheeks are flushed and his eyes are wide as he hisses, “shut up,” into his plate. Jinki only laughs and directs the conversation to another topic now that he’s successfully distracted Jonghyun’s thoughts.

 

It isn’t until they’re about to pay that Jonghyun’s hostility returns. The waitress drops off the receipt at their table before she scurries over to another table to take orders, and Jinki barely catches the prize of their lunch before Jonghyun snatches the receipt.

 

“No way,” he breathes and Jinki really doesn’t know how the blank back of the paper could have him so exasperated. “Did she just- no ing way,” Jonghyun hisses, and then it clicks.

 

“Perhaps she went a bit overboard.” Jinki releases his umpteenth sigh and he takes the moment of distraction to wave another waiter over, handing over his card.

 

“You think?” Jonghyun scoffs into the paper. “She left you her ing number. Who even does this?”

 

Jinki places his chin in his hand, admiring the beauty that is Jonghyun’s puffed-out cheeks and drawn-in brows. “I don’t know,” he says, mostly to humor him.

 

“Desperate -er of a ,” Jonghyun mumbles and this time, Jinki honestly can’t bring himself to scold the brunette. The waiter is back at his side then, and Jinki kindly accepts his card and the new receipt while Jonghyun continues his patronizing tirade to the offending paper.

 

“Come on, we should get going.” Jinki stands up and tugs Jonghyun’s jacket off the back of his chair, holding it out for him to put his arms through. As Jonghyun gathers the rest of his things (and that includes the carrier that to this day, Jonghyun still insists is not a purse) while Jinki pulls on his own jacket, he notices the receipt on the table. After a passing moment of contemplation, he picks up the receipt and looks over the number on the back, quickly crumbling it against his palm when Jonghyun looks back at him. He smiles, and leads Jonghyun out with a hand on the small of his back.

 

Jonghyun breathes in deeply once they’re out in the chill air. “Ah, that was a nice lunch.”

 

Jinki simply hums in reply. He readjusts his jacket around his shoulder with his left hand, noticing the difficulty of the task with his hand curled around the receipt and so he discards it in the trash can right outside the restaurant.

 

“What was that?” Jonghyun asks from behind him, and when Jinki turns around, he finds Jonghyun’s wide, curious, stunning eyes staring right up into his. He offers his left arm with an inviting smile and waits for the brunette to take it before commencing a partnered stroll down the street.

 

He shrugs. “Just the receipt.”

 

“The one with the girl’s number? Why, wasn’t she tempting enough?” Jonghyun asks cheekily.

 

“Not when I’ve got you,” Jinki says, and he feels his stomach tug at how Jonghyun’s breath hitches next to his ear and how his hold on Jinki’s arm tightens just that tad bit more.

 

 

 

A/N: Omfg first chapter!

photo Mini celebration - Minho_zpsnzow5yq8.gif

 

I should've put this up days ago but, like, life is strange (if anyone get that reference, you're awesome)

 

Also wtf these drabbles are supposed to be shorter than RoH drabbles so that I actually have time to complete them on, hopefully, a weekly basis but idk, I love stalling when writting fluff I guess x.x or maybe it's bc this is my first fluffy Jongyu and that's why I'm all over the place (especially bc Jinki is freaking perfect in this, omg, I can't x.x)

Look at this perfect specimen of man

photo Winky Jinki - Onew_zpsidzgmheh.gif

(Omfg dead XoX)

 

Also I should probably explain the Jongyu relationship bc it's a bit weird. Like, I did tell you they weren't an official couple, but there's still something between them. I shouldn't be officializing this as the author bc it's my job to only imply it and sneak it into the drabbles for the reader to figure out themselves, but I'll say it anyway so people don't get the wrong idea. See, Jinki's transparent about his feelings for Jjong, so Jjong knows that Jinki likes (maybe even loves? I'm not sure) him, but he's too stubborn to take it further, though still being very affectionate with Jinki. Does that make sense? Probably not, oh well.

photo IDK - Jonghyun_zpsafeoxqjc.gif

 

Also, in this, I'm going with their 1of1/TMWTD looks, like, Jjong's a brunette and Jinki's got reddish brown hair (I know he's not that much of a reddy, but like, something akin to his Dream Girl hair then, whatever).

 

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed it, and I will see you next time!

photo Wave - Minho 1_zpsporxayy1.gif

 

(Omfg I'm listening to TMWTD rn and everytime Minho's rap starts it sounds like someone's knocking on my window and I look up everytime like, fml)

 

 

 

Latest edit: February 4th, 2017