SpartAce Is The New Monday!

SpartAce Is The New Monday!

"Yaa Jong Kook hyung! Why must you mocked me in front of the camera?!" Ji Hyo scowled at the Commander right after the filming ended. Her eyes were shooting daggers at the man, as if she could eat him alive just by her sharp stare. Fortunately no one was in the same room with them, otherwise somebody (especially Haha and Jae Suk) will make fun of the situation. That's because all the Running Man members know that Jong Kook is invincible only when the camera is rolling, but behind the scenes he is nothing but a "soft-hearted cub" who's afraid of the 'lioness' Ji Hyo.

 

As he didn't expect that the Ace would be so upset about it, Jong Kook felt guilty for being insensitive of her feeling. Therefore he was stammering when responding to her question, "Omo.. Ji.. Ji Hyo aah. Why.. why are you.. what did I do?". She scoffed and crossed her arms against her chest, "How can you forget?! You said that I was crying so much for Gary. The week before you told me to find a new man when we were still filming. What was that for?!". Ji Hyo threw herself on the couch and covered her face with her hands. She let out a heavy sigh - obviously not happy with everything that happened since Gary left.

 

Jong Kook moved and took a seat next to the Ace. He wanted to wrap his arm around her, but he wasn't sure if she would allow him. So the Commander just clasped his hands together, "Ji Hyo.. Ji Hyo mianhae. I wasn't thinking when I said that. It came out naturally.. since everybody was talking about it.."

 

"But how can you be so mean? You should have known how I feel about Gary and the reason I cried when I found out that he's leaving. So why are you saying things that made me look so.. pathetic?! Aish!!"

"Omo.. omo.. please don't say that Ji Hyo aah. I really didn't know what's got into me. Well maybe it's because.. I was.. a little bit too.. excited," he softened his voice towards the end - afraid of how she will react to it.

The last word made Ji Hyo stared at Jong Kook in confusion, "Mwo? Did you just say.. excited?"

He lowered his head and nodded.

She became more upset, "So you're excited to mock me hyung?!"

"Ahneeoh! Aish.. jeongmal. Isn't it obvious?"

"What's so obvious?" she was still clueless.

"The way I hug you.. hold your hands.. and how I look at your face. Can't you tell from all that?!"

"Tell what?"

"That I want to do this!"

 

All of the sudden, Jong Kook grabbed Ji Hyo's head - pulling it towards him then pecked her lips for a long minute. When they broke the kiss, their eyes were gazing deeply at each other. Ji Hyo was obviously surprised by the unexpected romance, while Jong Kook wondered how he got the courage to kiss the 'lioness'. Their hearts began to beat wildly, as if it would exploded from the chest and made it difficult for them to breathe.

 

"I.. I should go," Jong Kook was too shy to stay in the room, so he quickly got up and prepared to leave. Ji Hyo also felt awkward after that kiss, so she just nodded and watched the Commander disappeared from the room. She stayed at the couch for another hour - wondering if she was 'imagining' thing that she wasn't supposed to. Ji Hyo touched her lips as she recalled the moment, "Did he really.. but why would he.. ah ni! Jong Kook hyung doesn't like me.. or does he?"

 

When Kwang Soo saw the Commander came out from the changing room in a hurry, he called out to the man while walking towards him, "Jong Kook hyung! Going home now?". "Oh.. Kwang Soo aah. Are you leaving too?" Jong Kook tried his best to act natural. He prayed so hard that the tall guy won't be able to sense his nervousness, which could lead to a long interrogation by the witty Girin. Honestly the Commander wasn't prepared to explain about the sudden kiss, especially when he never mentioned to anyone about his secret crush on Ji Hyo.

 

"Since it's still early.. do you want to go for a drink?" Kwang Soo made a suggestion. At first Jong Kook was reluctant, but changed his mind when Kwang Soo whispered, "I just found a secret.. it's about Ji Hyo." So the two went to a nearby club that they usually visited, ordered some drinks and continued with the topic that got them excited. "Hyung.. do you know that the PD decided to find a new partner for noona?" Kwang Soo shared the news and made Jong Kook's mouth agape. The Commander couldn't wait to know more, "Jinjja? When did you hear that?"

 

Kwang Soo poured the liquor into his cup, "I was in the bathroom before.. when I heard PD Joo Hyung' voice talking to somebody over his phone. They were discussing about the Monday Couple thingy and how important it is for the show, so PD Joo Hyung said that he will find someone to be the next Monday Boyfriend. That means.."

"It could be one of us."

"Or maybe a new guy. I'm not sure," Kwang Soo gulped down his drink in one shot as he tried to think of other possibilities.

Nevertheless, the Commander wasn't satisfied with the proposal, "But why must he rushing about it? I mean.. shouldn't they discuss it first with Ji Hyo? And you.. why are you telling me all these?"

Kwang Soo giggled, "That's because we're the only single men on the show, hyung! I don't think the PD is crazy enough to match noona with a married guy, right?"

"But what about you? Do you want to couple with Ji Hyo?" Jong Kook was staring hard at his dongsaeng who seemed to like the idea. He wasn't happy with Kwang Soo's reaction, "Yaa! Why are you blushing?"

"Hyung.. I just remember how sweet noona was when she put on the plaster on my wound. Although we were bickering a lot, but she seems to really care about me. Do you think that she likes me as a man?"

Spontaneously Jong Kook slapped Kwang Soo's on his head, "Yaa babo! She did that as your big sister! So stop your ridiculous fantasy about Ji Hyo before I smack your head again!"

"Hyung! Why are you so mad?! I was just asking.."

"Andwae! You can't have her because she's mine!"

 

Kwang Soo almost spit out the liquor when he heard Jong Kook's confession. Even the Commander didn't see it coming, so he kept his mouth shut by taking shot after shot from his cup. When Kwang Soo insisted for an explanation, finally Jong Kook had to admit, "I.. I kissed her. Today.. in the changing room." "Daebak. Hyung.. daebak! So how did she responded?" Kwang Soo was getting excited.

 

"How do you think she responded? Of course she was all over me! Who can resist my charm?" Jong Kook lied behind his smile.

"Aish.. I don't believe you! I know how noona is. She just slapped your face, didn't she?"

"I've told you already.. she really likes that kiss and even asked for more! But I said.. take it slow, princess. I don't want to hurt your lips," the Commander spoke with pride.

Kwang Soo laughed, "If that's the truth.. then I dare you to call her."

"Aish.. she's a busy lady. Besides.. I don't want to disturb her at this hour."

 

But Kwang Soo was stubborn and dialled Ji Hyo's number using his handphone. Jong Kook panicked and tried to take away Kwang Soo's handphone, but it was too late as Ji Hyo has answered the call. To make it worse, the Girin put her on speaker phone and told the Ace that the Commander has something to say. "Oh.. Ji Hyo aah. Where are you?" Jong Kook shyly asked.

 

"I've just arrived home. Waeyo?"

"Ah ni. I just want to make sure that you have safely arrived."

Kwang Soo interrupted, "Noona.. hyung said that he loves you!"

"Yaa LEE KWANG SOO!!" screamed the tiger and he immediately pressed the end call button. "Jugeullae?!"

 

Then Jong Kook's phone rang. Ji Hyo's name appeared on the screen.

 

"Hyung.. pick up the call!"

Reluctantly, the Commander answered his phone, "Ne Ji Hyo.."

"Jong Kook hyung.. did you just tell Kwang Soo about that.. kiss?" Ji Hyo seemed to be uncomfortable to say the last word.

"Ah ni.. ah ni! He was just playing around," the Commander tried to hide the truth.

"So.. it's not true? What he said?"

"About what?"

"You know.. the 'love me' part," Ji Hyo shyly replied.

Now Jong Kook wasn't sure how to respond, "Oh.. that. Well.. can we.. discuss about it later?"

"Geurae. Just let me know when. See you next week hyung," she answered briefly.

"Ji Hyo aah.."

"Ne?"

"Can you.. call me oppa from now on? I mean.. it's weird for me to hear that from a lady."

She giggled, "Didn't I call you hyung for almost 6 years now? So why do you feel weird?"

"Well.. that was before we.. I mean before I.."

"Kiss me? So now I'm a lady?"

"I'll see you next week, Ji Hyo! Saranghae," Jong Kook immediately ended the call and took a deep breath.

Kwang Soo was laughing out loud at his reaction, "You're really funny hyung! Why are you so afraid of her? Just be a man and tell noona how you feel!"

"Yaa.. yaa! Keep laughing! Do you want me to hit you with my fist?!"

"Omo.. chill hyung! I was just teasing you. Gwaenchana. Tomorrow let's have a talk with PD Joo Hyung. We'll tell him that you're interested to be the Monday Boyfriend and see if he agrees."

"Ah ni. I don't want to be called as Monday Boyfriend. That will only remind people of Gary. If we really get to do this.. then I want us to be known as.. SpartAce. How's that sound?"

"SpartAce. That could work! It's the same nickname that your fans gave to both of you.. isn't it?"

Jong Kook nodded, "That's right. From now on.. SpartAce is the new Monday!"

"Go for it hyung! Hwaiting!"

 

As planned, Jong Kook met with PD Joo Hyung and brought Kwang Soo into the discussion. After full consideration, they have reached an agreement. To make everything looks casual, the PD decided to keep it as a secret from Ji Hyo so she would responded naturally during the show. Week by week, the crew prepared some special moments for SpartAce. They allowed Jong Kook to have some love-lines in between and purposely focused on his interaction with Ji Hyo throughout the game. Fortunately, she played along with his character. So from there on, SpartAce Couple was made official in Running Man.