Promise

Only U♡
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHANGBUM'S POV

~ In the meeting room ~

"Are you sure about this Changbum-ah? Do you wanna reconsider this decision of yours?" Lee PD-nim questioned. The members looked at one another as I nodded, affirming my decision.

"I sincerely apologize for this decision of mine but PD-nim," I looked up and looked at my members, my brothers before turning to Lee PD-nim and continued, "I have given it a long thought and this is the best and only choice not just for me, but my brothers here and for my love. I know I shouldn't make this decision because the comeback is in less than a month's time and everyone, including me, have worked really hard for it. However, this is the only way. I'm really sorry about this." I bowed and looked at PD-nim.

"Have all of you discussed about this together, Minwoo-ah? Is everyone okay with it?" PD-nim turned to our leader, Minwoo hyung. "Yes, PD-nim. We'll respect Changbum's decision." Minwoo hyung answered as the members nodded their heads. "Alright then. If that's the case, but Changbum-ah," PD-nim turned to me and held my hand, "You know you are always free to come back and join the team right?" "Yes I do. I will come back when I move on with life once it's all over, I promise." I nodded and thanked PD-nim. All of us stood up and left the meeting room.

~ Outside meeting room ~

All of us bowed as PD-nim left, leaving us standing outside the meeting room. I looked up at my brothers and held onto Minwoo-hyung's hand. "I'm really sorry hyung. Sorry guys." I apologized and look at each and every member, as my eyes started tearing up. These people whom I call them as brothers. I felt a tear escaped from my eye. "It's okay Changbum-ah, we know the reason why you made this decision and we respect it." Rokhyun-hyung patted my back. "Like PD-nim said, we will always welcome you back to the team, Changbum-ah. Just take good care of her! We need you, but she needs you more!" Chanyong spoke up as all of them nodded in agreement.

"I will, thanks guys! And hyung..." I looked at Minwoo-hyung, "I know. Rest assure we won't say a thing to her. But..." Minwoo-hyung paused for a while before continuing, "But you have to tell her soon, before our comeback, okay? You know her better than us, she hates it when people lie to her, got it?"

"I will hyung, I will tell her before the comeback. Thanks Minwoo-hyung, Rokhyun-hyung. Thanks guys! I will see you guys around!" I bowed and made my way to the locker room to get my belongings before I head back home.

"Remember to take good care of her!" Jonghwan-hyung called out.

"Find one day to meet up together with Hyemin!" Chanyong shouted.

"See you and Hyemin soon!" Minwoo-hyung bellowed.

~ Hyemin's home ~

"Hyemin? I'm back from practice." I called out for my girlfriend the moment I stepped into her apartment, and was greeted with the smell of my favourite, FRIED PORK CUTLET! I immediately sprang into the kitchen and back-hugged her, taking in the her scent and the fragrant of my babies, the fried pork cutlets.

"Bummie! You're back!" She turned to me and gave me a light smack on my hands. "Go put your bag down and shower! Lunch will be ready soon!" She smiled and pinched my cheeks before turning her attention back on the fried pork cutlets. "Yes ma'am!" I gave her a peck on her cheek and made my way to her room for a shower.

10 minutes later...

"Smells great! Let's dig in!" I took my chopsticks and sat down at the dining table, joining her.

"Changbum-ah," she started, "Why is the practice today shorter than usual?" She questioned. Sh*t! I forgotten that we usually end our practices after 9PM! "Oh! I forgot to tell you in the text earlier, heh. Lee PD-nim thought that since we have been practicing so hard lately, he allowed us to head home for a break. You know we need lots of rest before the comeback right?" I lied as she just nodded.

FLASHBACK

"How is everything doctor?" Hyemin and I turned to the doctor as she shook her head, sighing, holding onto reports which belonged to Hyemin.

"The good news is that your condition is stable, however..." Hyemin and I looked at each other, waiting for Mrs Yoo to continue. "However... there is not much time left, Hyemin-ssi."

"How much time do I have left, Mrs Yoo?" Hyemin choked as I held her hand tightly. "About 3-6months. Therefore my suggestion is that Changbum-ssi, please be with Hyemin-ssi as she will need your support during this period and let her do whatever she wants. I'm sorry about this Hyemin-ssi." Mrs Yoo stood up and gave Hyemin a hug. We thanked Mrs Yoo and made our way back to Hyemin's apartment.

FLASHBACK ENDS

A week before Baekpeo's comeback...

*****

Hyemin & BRO-IN-LAWS Groupchat

MW: Hey guys! Let's meet up after practice today!

RH: Yeah, we havent meet up with our Minnie for so long! ㅋㅋㅋ

CY: Yes! Changbum-ah, bring Hyemin along! You're coming too right? :D

Eh? Isnt Bummie with you guys?

JH: Yes he is! Chanyong must be too tired haha!

CY: Yeah, he went to the washroom and I forgotten it haha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter