Prologue

Los Tres Grandes: Romeo and Juliet

It was Friday. The room was intoxicated with heat and mixed with sweat. There were nine girls who had given their all, even though it was just practice. It had been ten hours and not one of them had been ready to leave yet. They had made a promise to continue practicing even if their limbs were sore. Even if they had the slightest bit of tiredness. It wouldn't stop them from chasing their dreams. Every second, every minute and every hour counted on their effort and in this practice session. 

One of the girls pressed play and the music came back on. It was so loud that the vibration could be felt all throughtout the building. They danced ten times harder, hearts beated ten times faster, passion grew ten times stronger. Their dance moves were fluid, precise and in sync. The combination had came to a stop and that was it. The girls had finally reached their limit. 

"Let's stop for today." One of them had said. The rest agreed and one by one each started leaving. Four girls had gathered together outside the building. They were happily chatting amongst themselves. 

"This is it. After tomorrow some of us will be a part of the debut team while others will be dropped from the agency." The eldest said. The remaining three were quiet. What would it be like to be a part of the debut team? How many fans would they get? Would their personalities change? They had so many questions and yet, not enough answers. Only time would tell. 

"Let's make another promise." The second youngest suggested. The others nodded in agreement. 

"All four of us must make it to the final lineup no matter what." She said. They all smiled and agreed to this promise. That same night one of the four girls named Jennie Kim had went to a convenience store to buy a little late night snack. She passed through the aisles as she was drawn to only one section. The ice cream section. 

There were various types of ice cream. Vanilla, chocolate, green tea, etc. Jennie had her eyes on one flavor which was the milk flavored ice cream. Her hand and another hand had collided while trying to take the same flavor. They both bowed to each other as a way of apologizing. When they both raised their heads to look at each other, their jaws dropped open. 

"Jennie Kim." The boy said with a smirk. 

"Lee Taeyong." Jennie said in the same tone. They looked at each other and then looked at the ice cream container they were about to grab until an old lady passing by, took the ice cream. The two looked at the lady in shock as she continued to look for more food items. 

"I'm out of here, that was all I really wanted from in here." Jennie said. Taeyong didn't respond and picked out other flavors of ice cream. She watched as he placed them in a small basket. 

"You're going to eat all that ice cream?" She asked. He snorted and the two walked towards the cash register. "Of course not. These are for my members as a way of congratulating them." He responded while handing the cashier his stuff. 

"Congratulating them for what?" She asked. Tayeong was busy fishing around in his pocket for change. 

"You have 50 won?" He asked. Jennie scoffed as he had completely changed the subject. She looked in her purse and handed him the money. 

"You owe me." She said. He looked at her and winked while she rolled her eyes and kept a stoic expression. 

"You two look like a cute couple." The cashier said. Taeyong almost choked on air while Jennie widened her eyes in shock and scoffed atthe cashier's remark. When she looked up she saw that Taeyong had left. She ran out and saw him calmly waiting to cross the street. She groaned and stood next to him while Taeyong waved innocently. 

"Don't you know your not suppose to leave a lady by herself at night? Learn to be a gentleman." Jennie said while folding her arms. The sign said walk and Taeyong left while she ran trying to catch up to him. He looked back and smirked. Jennie couldn't stand him and yet she was quietly following him.  The two remained silent for a bit until Jennie remembered her question. 

"You never answered my question." She said. He stopped and looked at her with an annoyed look and then he remembered. 

"Don't get too excited but we are debuting." He responded. Jennie gasped in disbelief. She clenched her fists and her eye twitched. 

"Your going to have to call me sunbae." Taeyong joked. He thought it was a game but Jennie felt out of place. Why does she have to call her lifelong nemesis sunbae? It was like he was winning and she didn't like the sound of that. 

But Jennie had mentioned nemesis. What did she mean by that? As tradition, the big three entertainment companies SM, YG and JYP liked introducing their best trainees to each other. It helped to ignite new flames of fire and heat up the ongoing competition between them. YG introduced Jennie as the YG Princess, Bang Chan was introduced as JYP's ace and Taeyong was introduced as SM's future. SM and YG were delighted with JYP's pick but the two were worried of the other's trainees. 

YG could tell that Taeyong was going to change SM in a huge way while SM truly believed that Jennie's aura burned with star power. Taeyong looked like the perfect SM trainee. His visuals exceeded SM standards as he resembled artists who were in SM in the past and his talent would make any company want to snatch him away. Jennie was the perfect YG trainee. She was filled with swag and embodied what it meant to come from YG Entertainment. 

"As expected of SM." The YG representative had said. 

"Same goes for YG." SM's representative responded. The moment Taeyong and Jennie saw each other that day was the moment they didn't like each other. Both companies had brainwashed the two into believing that the other was the weaker company. This led to them having distaste for each other, and their companies. Taeyong had made sure that the other trainees didn't like YG artists while Jennie did the same. This competitiveness was the driving force in getting Taeyong and Jennie to work even harder to debut. 

Taeyong and Jennie had reached the dorms. The SM Rookies' dorm was across the street from YG trainees' dorm. "Well. See ya!" Taeyong said as he left Jennie by herself in front of the building. She looked back and watched as he crossed the street. She walked through the automatic doors and went up the elevator. She unlocked the door and saw that the other girls were knocked out. 

"Goodnight everyone." She said while collapsing on her own bed. She was tired but she couldn't get to sleep knowing that tomorrow would be the day that would decide if her dreams were only dreams. Knowing that Lee Taeyong would debut sparked a new flame. She refused to be beaten by an SM brat. 

The next day when she woke up she saw that she slept through her alarm. She hurriedly fixed on her clothes and took a few bites from a left over sandwhich before heading out. People watched as her feet moved at the speed of lightning, trying to catch the bus. It was at the stop light and she was only a few feet from the bus stop. Luckily she was able to catch it. 

When she finally arrived the dance teacher had just started taking the attendance. "Kim Jennie!" The teacher called out. 

"Here!" She responded. After calling all the names. Each trainee was given a name tag. One of Jennie's friends Lisa gave her a nudge to get her attention. 

"Where were you?" Lisa whispered. Jennie looked at her in disbelief. 

"None of you guys woke me up." She responded. 

"Right now we are rivals." Lisa whispered. The dance teacher cleared his throat and the girls became quiet. "Alright! As you all know, today is the day where we will decide whether or not you will debut." He said. It was so quiet that even the lights could be heard making noise. 

"We will split you all into groups. The first group will consist of Jinny, Hanna, Eunbi and Euna." He said. The girls stepped up.

"The second group will be Jennie, Lisa, Rosé and Jisoo." The girls looked at each other. 

"Originally all nine of you were supposed to debut. But two nights before one of the teachers caught Miyeon and Jackal canoodling in one of the dance studios. Last night, both of them were removed from YG Entertainment. The only reason why we are doing this today is because we need to reevaluate our trainees and make sure that they have what it takes to become YG's next girl group." He said. 

The girls looked at each other and gasped. Miyeon was a top contender to debut, right after Jennie. This made even Jennie start to get nervous since Lee Taeyong from SM had walked her home last night. Her palms felt sweaty as she tried her best not to look obvious. 

"You all may do what is needed to prepare. You have five minutes." The dance teacher said. Jennie breathed a sigh of relief and began stretching to remove the tension in her muscles. Her group gathered around her. 

"I like your new hair." Jennie said. Lisa smiled as she jokingly flipped her new platinum blonde locks. Jisoo and Rosé laughed at the two. "I can't believe that YG Princess #2 is gone." Rosé said while the other three frowned. 

"But look on the bright side. We get a chance to prove ourselves." Jisoo said and the other girls agreed. Five minutes were up and the first group went to the center. Jennie's group sat to the side while Papa YG and his crew came in to evaluate the first group. The girls standing in the center felt even more nervous. The music played and their feets automatically moved. 

Two girls almost bumped into each other while another fell down. Papa YG cringed while the trainees in the audience felt embarrassed for them. Once they finished the girls ran out the room crying. Meanwhile it was Jennie and her group's turn to perform. The four girls took a deep breath. Jennie wanted to prove why she was nicknamed YG Princess which meant she needed a driving force to get her to display her best. 

At that moment she thought of that boy, Lee Taeyong and what was his dream of debuting now turning into a reality. She wanted to debut, she wanted to be better than him. B---- Better Have My Money Remix played and the girls started moving. Jennie was the center of this dance. Everyone watched as the four girls slayed their reevaluation. Papa YG smiled as he watched his girls proving that they are YG's top trainees.  Of course there were many things they could work on such as synchronization, and their control of energy but at the same time, all of them showed off the star power that they were born with. 

The girls finished dancing and everyone had applauded them. YG got up out of his seat and clapped for them while coming into the center of the room. "This is what I am talking about." He said in a proud manner. 

Jisoo, Rosé and Lisa smiled excitedly while Jennie bit her lip out of nervousness. Did this mean they would debut or would they stay trainees? "Jennie you did a really amazing job. That's it. These four girls are debuting." He said. Everyone else in the room applauded them. The four jumped for joy as the hardest part was finally over. 

The girls decided to celebrate at their favorite Thai restaurant they go to every Friday. Now that they are debuting they won't be able to go there anymore. They decided to enjoy it for the last. When the girls got inside they were greeted by a familiar group of boys. The three girls except Lisa, rolled their eyes at them. Taeyong noticed the group and decided to give them a shout. 

"You know such handsome boys?" The old lady who owned the store asked. 

"No." Jennie said as they sat two tables behind the SM Rookies. Taeyong shrugged and went back to chatting with his friends.

"What are they doing here?" Jisoo asked annoyed. "Celebrating." Jennie responded as the waiters set the food on the table. 

"Why what's going on?" Rosé asked. 

"Lee Taeyong bragged to me yesterday about the fact that him and his friends are debuting before us." Jennie said listlessly. Jisoo and Rosé gasped while Lisa looked at everyone confused.  

"Does that mean we'll have to call them sunbae?" Rosé asked disgusted. Jisoo and Jennie shrugged. Lisa watched as the SM Rookies looked happy and cheerful to debut. It was about 15 of them. It made her wonder if SM was planning to debut all of them at once. She scanned all the faces until one immediately caught her eye. 

"T-TNT?" She said without realizing that the girls could hear her? He was busy talking with his friends until he had seen her. He smiled and winked at her causing her to blush. Jennie looked back and saw him staring at Lisa. She hissed and he looked away uncomfortably. 

"W-Why'd you do that?" Lisa asked her. 

"You do not want to get involved with SM. Especially if you are apart of YG." Jennie answered. "Why? Did they do something bad?" Lisa asked. 

"Very bad. You don't want to know." Jisoo added. Lisa pouted and sunk down in her seat. "Do you know that boy that you were staring at?" Rosé asked. Lisa nodded. That was when she started having flashbacks to when she still lived in Thailand. She had always loved dancing. It was her passion, her life, amd her bestfriend. She was apart of a children's dance crew who would perform at different shows and events. They also participated in many competitions against other dance crews. 

She was such a good dancer that people would always ask her what she wanted to do with her talent and she had no idea. 

It wasn't until one day at school when everyone was talking about this show called Teen Superstar. It peeked her interest so she decided to go home and watch it. 

There were many competitors but only one caught her eye but in an odd way. His name was Ten. To her, he didn't look Thai. She also felt like his singing needed some work. 

She decided that she would watch the show to see how he improves. As time progressed his voice did improve and so did his fan base. Eventually he ended up winning the show. 

Little did Lisa realize that she was starting to become a fan of him herself. His improvement made her quite fascinated and it was announced later on that he wanted to become a Kpop star. 

That was when she realized what she could do with her dancing skills. She too decided that she will pursue a singing career in Korea. They were known for their rigorous training period and their busy schedules. 

In Thailand there were auditions being held to join one of the top three entertainment companies from South Korea. 

She decided to audition and she was the only one out of many who passes. Now like fate, she was in the same restaurant as her idol. The one who helped create a dream for her.  

"Are you sure all SM artists are bad?" Lisa asked. 

"The only ones that aren't bad are those from legendary groups like SNSD, Super Junior, Shinee and TVXQ. Since those groups helped paved the way for Kpop." Jisoo said while Jennie remained quiet. 

"What's wrong with the current artists right now?" Lisa asked. 

"They are in competition with YG groups like Winner and Ikon." Rosé responded. 

"Can't I talk to him for like five minutes?" She begged. Jisoo and Rosé looked at each other while shrugging. Before they could give a response she was already standing at the table where all the 15 trainees were. 

When she got a good look at them all of them seemed handsome. It was like a garden filled with flowers. It was no surprise since SM was known for their visuals. 

"Hey." Ten said looking at her. Lisa blushed and felt really shy. 

"H-Hi." She said nervously. The boys started to whisper amongst themselves curious about the two. Ten noticed all the eyes looking at her and decided to get up and grabbed her hand as they went outside. 

The other trainees howled and made noise looking at the two. "I'm sorry about them. They are idiots." Ten said in Thai. 

"H-How'd you know that I am Thai?"She asked. 

"When I see your face, I am reminded of home." He smiled. Lisa quickly turned away from him trying to hide her blush. 

"Are you okay?" He asked her. She didn't look where she was going and accidentally tripped as her back went against the wall. At the same time Ten instinctively hit his palm against the wall to break his fall. Their faces were inches apart. 

Lisa felt like her heart was going to burst. "What are you doing? Get away from her you animal!" Jennie said as she dragged Lisa from under him. "Excuse me miss may we please have the receipt." She said while the other girls started to get up getting ready to leave. 

"W-Wait what's your name?" Ten said from across the room. "Lisa." She responded before she was dragged out the door. Ten smirked while sitting back down as the members . 

"Careful with her. She is from YG so Jennie might give you a hard time." Taeyong warned. Ten and the other SM Rookies looked at him in shock. "YG!?" All of them asked in unison while he nodded. 

"How unfortunate." Ten said while pouting. 

"There is no denying though, that those girls are hot." Jaehyun said while the others agreed. The group packed up their things as they headed back to the dorms. That same night Lisa was in her room thinking about what happened between her and her idol. His voice got deeper, his hair was now a dark brown color and he kept the promise he made which was to debut under one of the big three companies. The only problem was that it was under SM. YG's biggest rival. How come those two had problems with each other? What about JYP? She had many unanswered questions and she knew exactly who to call. 

"Hello?" The boy answered. 

"BamBam!" She yelled probably making the poor boy go deaf. 

"Noona what's up?" He asked managing to return the same amount of enthusiasm.  "Guess what!" She said. 

"What?"He asked. Lisa tilted her head in confusion. She thought that he would guess but he didn't. "I'm debuting." She said excitedly. He sarcastically clapped since he already knew that it would happen. Lisa was debating in her head on whether or not she should tell him the other thing that was on her mind. She took a deep breath. 

"T-There's something else as well." She stuttered. 

"Spill." He said. Lisa bit down hard on her lip as now she had to tell him. "SowenttoarestaurantandIsawmylongtimeidolTNTbutJenniedraggedmeaway." She said really fast. 

"No way, you met TNT?"BamBam asked. Lisa nodded as if he could see her. 

"Since you are so quiet I am taking that as a yes. Did you ask him out on a date?" He asked. 

"N-No." Lisa responded. Suddenly she heard yelling on BamBam's side of the line. 

"Gotta chat later. My hyungs need me." He said as he cut off the phone. Lisa sighed. She was just about to ask him about the rivalry between the three companies. She opened up her window to gaze at the stars. There were millions in the sky. To add on to its beauty there was a full moon in plain sight. 

"So pretty." She said. 

Ten was also looking at the sky from his room. Although he knew that Lisa was from YG that made him even more interested from her. She didn't seem all bratty and annoyed like most YG girls. She was different. 

"Let's meet again." They both said in unison.