Complete

Hunting for home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m feeling so lazy today,” Chaeyoung said as she stretched on the couch, where she watched some tv.

 

“Maybe because it’s full moon tonight,” Tzuyu answered, her eye twitching slightly as she continued scrubbing the table behind the couch.

 

“Right. I wish I could stay asleep the whole night, but no, nature likes to with my sleep.”

 

“A-and how do you think I feel?” The taller girl stuttered out, pressing with more strength the cloth she was cleaning the table with against the surface.

 

“I know, I know. Don’t worry, Chewie, maybe tonight will pass by fast.”

 

“You always say that,” the aforementioned girl nearly shouted, despite having intended to mumble.

 

“I’m going with you tonight, so don’t you worry, I’ll keep you company,” Chaeyoung answered as she turned to look at her lover. It was soon apparent that her smile was reflected on Tzuyu.

 

“T-to be h-honest, I’m a l-little excited to have someone t-to go hunting with this time.” Chaeyoung hummed and returned to watch the tv, knowing that their conversation was over. From the corner of her eye she watched her girlfriend go to the bathroom, probably to clean the shower.

 

Having been roommates for a long time, she had become used to Tzuyu’s -- Ahem -- difficulties when the full moon came. Being a zombie, she didn’t have much complications. Her skin would turn green, her eyes would color a feral purple, and she would have a ravishing hunger that she never had acted upon. It was one night and she could handle it. The only negative to her condition was that her speech converted into the moment the full moon appeared in the sky.

 

Tzuyu’s case was different. She was a werewolf, and as such, being half animal, half person, had more uncontrollable instincts. The day when the full moon appears, she would be an energetic mess like she was right now. Not being able to talk normally or even think for too long. When night came, she converted and felt the need to hunt, not just food, like the occasional rabbit Chaeyoung had seen her bring back once, but minerals, gems, and special insects to prepare alchemy potions. Werewolfs were closely related to Alchemists, to the point where most supernatural creatures would call them dogs as mockery of their ingrained need to help these individuals. Giving howls that would wake their whole neighborhood, she would run on her fours, smelling and tracing incessantly.

 

Now that they were a couple, she had to deal much more with her issues, when Tzuyu would whine in loneliness, not because she didn’t think Chaeyoung was enough, but rather because she missed her long dead pack. Sometimes she would be very cuddly and would demand scratches on her back as they watched movies together. There were some nights that her girl felt quite needy, and so they would stay awake until the latter was satisfied and all was right with her world.

 

And tonight, she was going to go with her on her hunt.

 

As a zombie, she couldn’t do much, but she understood that while Tzuyu still did it because of her instinct, afterwards she would be left with a feeling of deep sadness that would ade for the rest of the week. Even if she couldn’t help her do whatever her wolf wanted her to do, she wanted to be there, as a reminder that she was never alone, Chaeyoung, from now on, would look out for her as much as Tzuyu had looked out for her before.

 

And so, as the hours passed, and the clock ticked, the taller girl became more frantic, her words mangling together, becoming unintelligible soliloquies. She was sure sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter