Leather Jacket and Jeans

Reflection in the Mirror

 Mondays are adequately the slowest and most irritating days ever of the week. However, it is a Monday morning and I am dreading the soon to be boring day already. I pull on my crimson sweater and my favored jeans, which are basically my faded black ones; it’s been chilly lately which is very strange since it does not usually become chilly here in Tembers. But whatever, Tembers is always scantly weird. Like the other day, I was on my way home from work, when this dude with a leather jacket and denim jeans bumps into me. I mean the man was fine as heck, like indeed fine. I merelycaught a glance but from what I saw, he was definitely attractive, seriously striking. Anyways, the man bumps right into me and continues on his way. Honestly, I was kind of expecting an apology but oh well, its okay, it’s not like I need an apology anyways. But people in Tembers are always being weird; I don’t know why; maybe it’s the month of being busy. I am not sure but either way, life will continue so there is no reason for me to hold onto my constant thinking.

Placing my magenta bag over my arm, I walk outside where the inviting sun welcomes me brightly on my way to work. I work at a fantastic place called Cupcakes. Yes, just Cupcakes. It’s pretty much the best place in the world after that Chinese restaurant downtown which I may add has the best food ever! The chef, Luhan is seriously amazing! At Cupcakes, it’s a main hangout area for all genders and ages. With it being an early Monday though, that means the thirty to forty years old customers will be in view today. That’s fine but I hope only a few, I am still tired and don’t necessarily want to bake cupcakes this early. It is about forty to forty five minutes and I am already walking inside Cupcakes, since Cupcakes is not necessarily far from my house. However, Seolhyun is already here. Pfft, she is always early trying to get it in good for our boss, Mr. Kim.

“Hi Susi! Oh my, you’re a minute late,” she giggles, shaking her Barbie looking head at me. Ugh, she loves to mess with me. I don’t even know why, like what the hell did I do? All I do is make cupcakes and joke around with Ailee and Amber. Eh, maybe she is jealous, I don’t even know, the girl is weird, that is all I can come up with.

“Oh darn, I wanted to get in as early as you,” I say, sarcastically, in hopes she notices.

“It’s okay,” she giggles, again. “But go wash the dishware, I am going to start on the cupcake batter~.” She pushes acerise apron at me, which was quite rude if I can add but I let it go. I’m not one to fight in the morning, since I am still tired. I shouldn’t have gone to bed at one a.m. but a fantasy Kdrama was on and I had to watch it. I could have recorded it but it was too good! Song Joongki is just so damn cute and as a threatening monster he became hot, like” I want to date you now hot.” I pull the soft pink apron over my head and tie the strings located at the very back. Once so, I start on the dirty dishes, pouring jasmine dish soap into the hot water which smells extremely pleasant. I wash and rinse at a gentle pace, making sure I scrub the dried up batter and frosting off some of the appliances. Why can’t people wash this off before? Like some of it has hardened causing it to become more difficult to scrub off.

“Oh, don’t forget these too~.” Seolhyun drops by, placing dirtier dishware into the water, making the hot water splash right on me. Now it is becoming harder to not yell at her or get her back? Hm, I’ll think of something that is if she does something again which she is capable of. The girl just hates me. That is all there is to it. Until then, let me sigh in my head now. Ahh Seolhyun! Why must you!!!

However, I continue washing the dirtier dishes that she gave me, telling myself to stay calm over her ridiculous acts. So I scrub and wash and rinse, all over again because of her. Despite, I glance towards the blueberry clock to see that it is eight a.m. which means that Ailee will be coming, finally. I hope she comes quickly, so my anger will settle down. Finishing the last of the dishes, thank goodness, the door of Cupcakes swings open and Ailee is here! Yes!

“Heeey Susi~!” She chirps, as she walks into the back where Seolhyun and I are, as she hangs her military themed jacket in her locker. “Oh, and you too.” Ailee half smiles at Seohyun and I almost want to laugh at Ailee’s comment. Ailee does not necessarily like Seolhyun either, but Seolhyun smiles back, a forced smile, if you want the accurate term.

“Anyways,” Ailee looks back towards me, “I saw that leather dude, Susi.”

“Really?” I look at Ailee, interested. I told Ailee about that fine guy in the leather jacket and jeans that ran into me the other day and she wanted to see him too. We have similar tastes, heh.

“Yeah, and oh my gee, he is one fine man, Susi. I saw him at Luhan’s restaurant so you know where we will be going to after work right~?”  She winks at me, playfully.

“Hehe, definitely. I hope he is there though.”

“We can just ask Luhan about it, either way. Luhan knows pretty much anything.”

“That’s right, but I wish I knew his name but Leather Man is a good name too,” I laugh, and I do honestly mean it.

“y man is good too~” Ailee starts laughing too, and you know, she is right. y Man is even better!

 

Work went by quickly, thank you! But Seolhyun kept trying to ruin mine and Ailee’s budding relationship. So I guess Seohyun is jealous, but I don’t see why she should be, since the male customers seem to flirt with her like she is a goddess of some sort. But if they males only knew how Seolhyun really is.

I walk to my locker with Ailee, as we both grab our belongings, though I double check myself in the mirror. Okay, I look okay. Too bad I can’t change into normal clothes, oh well; at least my face is the best. I look towards Ailee, whom is checking her outlook too then she glances at me and smiles. “He’ll be looking at our faces, anyways.”

“Right,” I nod, placing my magenta bag over my right shoulder. “Let’s go.” Ailee and I walk past Seolhyun, not bothering to say goodbye as we head to Ailee’s car, but I cannot help but hope Leather Man slash y Man will be at Luhan’s. He was such a sight the last time I saw him.

As Ailee drives towards Luhan’s restaurant, I pull out my phone, texting my parents that I‘m going to be home a bit later. My parents are used to me coming home on time most days, but usually when I hang around Ailee, I happen to arrive home a bit later than usual. That is only because we are good friends and have much fun together. In a couple of minutes, we arrive at Luhan’s restaurant, as Ailee parks her car in an empty spot under a large tree. As we unbuckle our seatbelts, Ailee turns her attention to me. “I have a good feeling he is here.”

“I am hoping he is,” I whisper, as if he is actually right next to me. Gee, I am feeling a little nervous.

The two of us walk into Luhan’s where the aroma is too great. I must order something now; the undeniable smell is basically pulling at my mind. Ailee leads the way to an empty table just as Luhan spots us. He flashes an angelic smile, and then goes back to helping a customer. However I start to look around for that y Leather Man but so far I only see people I know, like Miss Jane and her two sons, Sera and Eunji, the fashionistas of Timbers, Raehwan and Sunghak, an extremely hyperactive pair if I may add. Mr. and Ms. Jung, whom are talking softly and Hyeongkon and Hana, a couple that recently started dating. They’re cute, though. Still, I see no y Leather Man, this . Unless he is in the men’s restrooms?

“I can’t spot him, Ailee,” I say, in obvious disappointment.

“Let’s be patient, okay?” she flashes a bright smile at me that can always change a person’s mind.

“Mhm, okay. But let’s order some food, I am getting hungry as we speak,” I laugh gently.

“I cannot say no to that~!” Ailee smirks, and then raises her hand up, calling Luhan over.

Of course Luhan spots Ailee’s hand, and nods towards us, as he says a few words to the customer that he is currently talking with and then he walks over to us, with his gentle smile, as always. “Hey, Ailee.Susi. So what can I get you ladies?”

Ailee and I both look at each other and smile. “Orange chicken bro~.” Then we both laugh along with Luhan. He obviously knows that is our usual order but he enjoys asking still, he can be foolish in a cute way.

“Haha, okay. Got it. And lemonades right?”

“You know us well,” I grin at Luhan.

“Nah, I don’t. Its only guesses.”

“Pssh, don’t be a fool, Luhan,” Ailee laughs angelically, throwing her head back. “But hey, me and Susi gotta ask you a question.”

“Sure, what’s up?”

“Have you seen that dude whom wears a leather jacket and jeans? He’s got dark hair.”

“Yeah, and very cute,” I add, as Luhan chuckles.

“Oh yeah, he’s kind of like a traveler.”

“Really?” I look at Luhan with huge curiosity.

“Yup, his name is Woo Jiho, if I remember correctly. But he prefers the name Zico.”

“Zico,” I mumble, already liking the very sound of his name coming out of my mouth.

“Does he come here?” Ailee asks Luhan.

“Yup, come on Ailee, who doesn’t come here?” Luhan laughs playfully, as he departs to get our orders made.

Leaning forward, I smile at Ailee. “His name is Zico. Wow, what a name huh?”

“Yeah, he must be pretty bad ,” giggles Ailee. “He’s definitely going to be here. Let’s be patient.”

“I’ll try,” I feel my smile widen as I speak those very words. Now tell me, how can a person like me be patient now??

 

NARRATORS POV

Susi and Ailee had received their fancy plates of orange chicken and lemonade, chatting softly over Zico, and why Seolhyun can never seem to be nice.

“I don’t know, she’s just dumb as ,” Ailee rolled her eyes as she spoke about Seohyun. “Don’t let her get to you okay?”

“I’ll try but before you came to work, she threw some plates in the hot water as I was washing, like seriously, does she have to do that? I’d rather she just call me a name instead. That hot water does burn.” Susi frowned, but in a matter of seconds, that frown soon turned into a very obvious smile. “I think he is here. Zico is here.”

“Omg, where?” Ailee pulled herself up a little, scanning the room for Zico that she had spotted right away for he had just walked inside, skimming the room of where to sit. Ailee quickly pulled herself back into her seat and grinned at Susi. “He is totally here.”

“We gotta try to talk to him.” Susi squealed, both from happiness and nerves.

“Not try, but actually do it. Let’s go over to him after he finds a seat okay?”

“Sure, that sounds like a plan~.”

“Damn, he is hot though,” Ailee bit her bottom lip, and then giggled. “Okay enough of that, I better not creep him out.”

“Trust me; you’re not capable of that.”

“Thanks,” Ailee punched Susi lightly on her arm, which was always her way of thanking her friends.

Turning her head slightly, Susi gained enough courage and took a glance at Zico again, whom luckily had not noticed the pair, as he was pulling out his phone.

“Come on, let’s go. Time to get y Leather Man’s attention,” Ailee stood up, as Susi followed along after heading straight towards the table that Zico was currently sitting at. Once the pair had approached, Zico did not bother to look up as his dark eyes were focused on hisphone, still.

“Hey,” Ailee spoke first, trying to gather the man’s attention.

Finally looking up, Zico observed the two girls. “Yeah, what’s up?”

“I’m Ailee, and this is my best friend.”

“Susi.”

“Susi?Hm, neat name.” Zico grinned, then went back to his phone.

“Thanks, and you are—

“Zico, just Zico.”

“Are you new in town Zico?” Ailee flashed her famous smile at Zico, as she grabbed Susi by the arm, and motioned for her to take a seat.

“Sort of, I suppose.”

“What do you mean by that?” Susi looked at Zico, curious herself.

“Well, it’s complicated.”

“We like complicated, go on,” Ailee took a seat next to Susi, deeply interested herself.

“I’ve been here a couple of days, actually.”

“Yeah?”

“I came here looking for someone.”

“Oh, are you a cop?”

“You can say that,” Zico grinned at Susi, knowing well if he told her and her friend what he really was they’d never understand.

“So who are you looking for?”

“A guy.”

“Maybe we can help you, since everyone knows everyone in Timbers.”

“Yeah, what’s the guy’s name ?”

“Im Jaebum, but he is better known as JB. He’s a criminal in my eyes, and is definitely dangerous. You two should be careful aye?”

“Sure, we are always careful,” laughed Ailee, being playful.

“Anyways,” Zico shook his head at Ailee and looked towards Susi, “if you see anything weird or whatever, contact me.” Zico pulled out a card made of leather, and handed it to Susi who gladly took  the card from Zico’s strong hands.

“Of course Zico, I’ll make sure that I do.”

“Well, I gotta go now. See ya both around I suppose.” Zico pulled himself out of his seat, formed one last grin at Susi, and then departed.

“He didn’t even eat,” mumbled Ailee.

“I guess he doesn’t need to,” Susi smiled to herself, holding the leather card in her very hands.

“He liked you more, I think,” Ailee nudged her friend playfully, following after a wink.

“I hope he liked me, I was trying my best.”

“You did good, really. And look, he gave you his card,” Ailee pointed her finger at the card that Susi was still holding.

“That’s right,” smiled Susi, as she glanced down at the leather card that read Creature Blades. “Hm, Creatures Blade?”

“I guess it’s meant to be catchy,” suggested Ailee.

Reading further on, the card had Zico’s name along with his number. “And his number too.”

“Wooh,that’s even better!”

“Yah, calm down you two,” Luhan’s voice approached the two girls whom had quickly turned their heads.

“Hehe, don’t be jealous over our happiness,” Ailee teased Luhan.

“So how did your guys chat with Zico go?”

“Good, I got his number,” Susi replied happily, showing off the card he gave her.

“I’d say he gave you a card instead, not his number but I don’t want to ruin your happiness so yay,” chuckled Luhan.

“Pfft, go away Luhan,” Ailee stuck her tongue at Luhan who laughed even more.

“Ignore him Ailee, Luhan just a jelly bean,” Susi laughed heavily.

“I am not,” pouted Luhan, crossing his arms.

“Haha, you are soooo easy to tease Luhan.”

“Pssh, remind me not to give you any info next time.”

“Ayyyy, we are joking. Don’t be a bad sport,” Ailee pulled Luhan into a hug which Luhan unwillingly returned.

“Yeah, yeah. Anyways, your guys’ food is going to get cold, so go and finish it up. I don’t like food I’ve made becoming cold.”

“Haha, this dork Luhan. Come on Susi, let’s finish our food up,” Ailee teased Luhan once more, as the pair of friends left back towards their table where they left their orange chicken becoming cold.

Despite their cold orange chicken, Susi and Ailee had clearly enjoyed their day. But right now it was becoming dark, thus the two had to get on their way home. One, because Susi’s parents happened to worry and two, Ailee’s parents didn’t like their own daughter staying out so late for they knew Ailee was sort of  in a way addicted to clubbing. Thus, the pair of friends paid for their meals along with saying their byes to Luhan.

As Ailee drove Susi home, Susi pulled out the leather card again, wondering about Zico. She honestly hoped he did like her and was not just viewing her as a person to just help him with JB. Yes, she would gladly help him with this criminal named JB, but still, she truly hoped he liked her more than a help. As Susi thought more about Zico, Ailee suddenly slammed into something as the car shook tremendously.

“Oh my gosh!” Ailee shrieked, stepping on the brakes harshly, as the car was forced to stop.

“What happened?” Susi looked at her friend in worry, placing Zico’s card away.

“I don’t even know, something went by me so fast and I like, hit it. I think it was an animal, but I don’t know. Its freaking dark and I can’t really see.”

“Is okay but don’t worry, let’s just take a look at the front. There shouldn’t be too much damage.”

“I hope not, I already got on trouble with partying last week .” Ailee whined, as she and Susi pulled their selves out of the car and went to observe the front of the car. Looking closely, the two girls took notice of some blood on the bumper along with a dent.

“Oh great, I’ll clearly get in trouble now,” Ailee continued to frown.

“At least it’s a small dent though,” Susi tried to find the least negativity in Ailee’s situation.

“True, but I’ll have to tell my mom I hit an animal, and you know my mom, one of those animal rights woman. I will not hear the end of it, Ughhh.”

Laughing, Susi patted her friend on the shoulder, “Do not worry, I think you can survive.”

“Easy for you to say,” responded Ailee, but that was when a frightening noise was heard deeply in the dark of the woods that could send chills down a person’s back.

“I think that is the animals I have hit, so before he comes back, angrily, let’s get home,” Ailee panicked, while Susi nodded, agreeing instantly.

“Yeah, I definitely agree there.” And therefore the two females hopped back into Ailee’s car, not enjoying the very sound of the angry animal nor how dark it was becoming.

However, as Ailee drove her car away from the very spot they were in, Zico came out from behind a depressing tree withholding a silver gun in his right hand.

“Thanks girls, now he’ll be easier to kill.”

 

END OF CHAPTER ONE

Hi! Here is a  new fanfiction of mine, I do hope it was enjoyable. Forgive me for how short it may have seemed, but I shall make the next chapter even longer. I just needed to get Zico in the first chapter at least.

Anyways comments are welcomed~ Do subscribe too!