It's always this way

I've had enough

Vernon stumbled into the classroom, ignoring the stares he was receiving from his teacher and classmates. ‘Hansol! Why are you late, yet again?!’ Miss Mae called after the boy. The blonde haired boy simply blanked his teacher and continued towards his seat. Seungkwan rolled his eyes as he watched his seating partner stride towards him.

‘Hansol! Stay back at the end of the lesson!’ The teacher screamed, seemingly for no reason. Vernon sat down at his seat, quickly sliding his back under the desk. Obviously flustered, Miss Mae continued with her lesson. ‘Now. Carrying on with Quadratic Equations…’

Seungkwan flinched as he felt a warm hand rest on his knee. Instantly, he turned to glare at Vernon but the boy was listening and watching the teacher. Seungkwan crossed over his legs, knocking Vernon’s hand off in the process. A quiet sigh could be heard from blonde haired boy as he reluctantly lifted his hand onto the table.

The lesson flew by as the boys actually got on with their work for once. ‘Okay, pack your things away!’ Miss Mae called as the class began to go out to break.

‘Seungkwan! Over here!’ A voice called out to the singer. The voice belonged to a pretty, long haired boy called Jeonghan. After Seungkwan had joined the college, Jeonghan was the first friend he had made. The elder may be a few years older than him but that didn’t matter. Seungkwan ran over to Jeonghan and grabbed hold of his arm. ‘Come on! We’re gonna lose our table!’ Seungkwan cried, pulling Jeonghan to the canteen. To his dismay, when they stood at the doorway to the large room, all of the tables had already been taken. Seungkwan sighed. ‘Where are we going to sit now?’

Jeonghan smirked. ‘I know somewhere.’ He quickly pulled Seungkwan over to a table. At the table sat a black haired boy who was probably the same age as Jeonghan, a very tall boy with orange hair and his arch nemesis, Vernon. Seungkwan attempted to pull out of Jeonghan’s grip. The long haired boy paused. Glancing over the table, he noticed Vernon and stepped closer to Seungkwan. ‘Just ignore him,’ he whispered. Jeonghan was the only person who knew about the ‘issue’ between Seungkwan and Vernon. This had been going on for a while now. Probably around 3 months to be precise. It started off with Vernon ‘accidently’ bumping his leg against the singers. But it quickly progressed to Vernon rubbing Seungkwan’s leg with his own or with his hand. On the rare occasion, Vernon would slide his hand up Seungkwan’s leg, awfully close to his area. But it never went further than that, to Seungkwan’s amazement. Vernon didn’t seem to notice how what he was doing was affecting Seungkwan. It was obvious that Vernon knew Seungkwan was gay, but he didn’t think that he would do this to him. As the college being one where the teachers moved room and the students stayed put, it was very awkward. Seungkwan had to sit next to Vernon for 6 lessons a day, 7 days a week.

A sharp tug at his arm pulled Seungkwan back to earth. Jeonghan nodded his head to the table. ‘Come on! Seungcheol said its okay.’ Seungkwan reluctantly sat at the table next to the orange haired boy. Seungcheol had quickly pulled Jeonghan to sit on his lap and Vernon was sat on Seungcheol’s side. Jeonghan and Seungcheol had been going out for a few months now and Seungkwan was so proud of how open they were being about being gay. Seungkwan got lost in his thoughts again and was shocked when he felt a hand hit his back lightly. It was Vernon. ‘The bell’s gone, idiot. Let’s get to class.’

The two walked together, neither attempting to talk. They walked into the class and Vernon was pulled back to talk to Miss Mae. Unfortunately for him, they had a double lesson of Maths. Seungkwan walked on to his seat and sorted all of his things out at the desk. ‘Do you think I’m stupid boy!? I told you to stay behind but you walked straight out! Do I have to call your mother again?’ Vernon’s reaction to the last sentence shocked Seungkwan. ‘You can’t call my mum.’ He said bluntly, staring at the ground. The teacher gasped after realising what she had said. ‘Hansol, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to.’ She rested a hand on his shoulder. He shook it off and headed back to his seat. His eyes a deep black. Seungkwan knew what was coming and began trying to mentally prepare himself. Just…Be…Calm. A large grunt could be heard when Vernon dropped onto his seat. He glared at Seungkwan, staring deep into his eyes. Slowly, he turned to face the front. He was angry. And that wasn’t good for Seungkwan.