one-shot

In Love With Air | The Closer Writing Contest Entry
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 {  ONESHOT  }

The smell of him, was a mixture of worn off cologne and musk. He had wrapped himself around me, tugging my head slightly against his neck. I was completely engulfed by him, from head to toe. His wide torso pressed my body against the bed, at the same time hugging my body close to him. His hands laid aloof around my waist, and his lips were on my forehead. I took a deep breath of him, and sighed slowly, wanting to let his aura run through my body as gently and prolongingly as possible. I didn't want to miss a single butterfly he was stirring in my stomach,  the tingles at my chest, or the after traces on my skin where he had brushed, grazed, caressed. 

"Jennie. I love you." 

He was so straightforward. He didn't ever hold back. His beautifully carved lips always saying what he wanted to say. Doing what he wanted to do. Kissing who he wanted to kiss. 

"But you will not stay." I didn't open my eyes as I answered him. I knew the look that washed over his face, how much he wanted to believe he would stay. How much he wanted to believe I was enough for him to not want more. There was never enough of the world for him. He could always take on more. He could always have more. He always wanted more. "You will not stay." 

"But I love you." Hanbin retorted in defense and brought a hand up to cup my cheek. "Don't you know that?" 

"Do you know how it feels to be in love with the wind?" I replied, lifting my half drowsy eyelids to glance at him. 

When you love the wind, you have to get used to being left behind. You know how much he wants to leave, and you have to accept it. When you love the wind, you let it go. If he comes back, hold him, embrace him, breathe him. If he does not, at least he made you breathe for just a minute. I am in love with the wind, the cool breath of winter air, and even the steam of a hot summer sky. 

He'll tell you how beautiful you are, kiss you with compliments, and all you can do while he's there is breathe. 

When he leaves, you mustn't lose yourself. Your lungs will restrict without his presence, and the blood in your veins will move slower, less exci

Please log in to read the full chapter