Chapter Three

Love Blossom

“I’m home!” Sehun shouted from the entrance so everyone could hear him. “Welcome home, Hun. Come here baby, the rings have arrived.” Her mom greeted pulling him towards the living room to sit beside her. “Is that so? Did you like it?” he asked, forgetting about what happened with Joohyun that time. “Yes, this is very pretty. I’m glad you picked such a beautiful ring, I bet Joohyun loved this.” The lad cleared his throat as he listens to his mom giggling. “Yeah she loved it that’s why I bought it. Mom, can I go upstairs now? I still have some stuff to do.” He excused himself leaving her mother admiring the rings that Joohyun had bought. Plopping himself on his bed as soon as he got inside, he sighed in exasperation. “This whole lying thing is exhausting.” He muttered to himself. Fishing his phone out of his pocket, he started texting his girlfriend, Wendy.

 

To: Babe

What’re you doing? I miss you already.

 

Getting up he started to change into his sleep wear when his phone beeped. He rapidly took his phone from his bed and read the message.

 

From: Babe

I’m at home. I miss you too, babe. Want to meet up tomorrow?

 

Sehun stared at the message for a moment before groaning. Feeling guilty, he didn’t know what else to do. He’s been dating Wendy for two years now and he loves her of course but because of the arranged marriage his father had asked him to stop dating the girl. Being said, he still hadn’t told Wendy about this and it’s making him feel crazy. Just when he was about to reply, he heard a knock coming from his door. “Sehun? It’s me your father. Open up.”

 

With his eyes wide open, Sehun rapidly put his phone under the pillow before opening the door and let his father come in. “Dad, what is it?” he asked, trying not to sound that he was rushing. “Here.” His father said while handing him two plane tickets which made Sehun look at him in a confused way. “What’s this father? I mean I am aware that these are plane tickets but are we going somewhere?” he started to bombard his father with questions. “Shut up for a moment and listen.” His father ordered making the other shut his mouth and waited till his father was ready to talk. “I want you and Irene to go on a trip. Flight’s the day after tomorrow.” Blinking as if his father had said something terrible, he started to open his mouth again. “What? Why? It’s not like we have to go to this trip to get married.” He said in a jokingly way but his father’s visage became stoic making him stop. “Invite her and ask for her mother’s permission. Sehun, marriage is a different story. Once you get married it will be for life and this is your chance to get to know her better.” His father explained but it was obvious that the lad didn’t understand. “Then why make me marry her? It’s not like I love her or anything.” He said, irritation can be felt on his voice. “This is for our family, son. It might be hard but who knows, maybe she’s the one. I had experience this, me and your mom never knew each other when we got married but look at us now. Just try to get to know her, invite her and spend the week together.” Sehun’s ear perked up at what his father had said. “A week?! We’ll be staying there for a week?” he repeated earning a nod from his father making him groan in annoyance. “Oh come on, dad!” he argued but he stopped when he saw his father’s face had already darkened. “If you don’t do this, I’m going to cancel all your credit cards. You’re going to invite her and that is final.” His father said before leaving Sehun’s room, leaving the lad dumbfounded. “This is so ed up.”

 

Hearing his phone ringing, he remembered his phone under his pillow, getting it he saw Wendy calling him making him feeling more helpless. Answering the call, he was greeted by a soothing voice. “Hey babe, you didn’t reply to my message so I called you instead.” Wendy said as a greeting earning an awkward laugh from the lad. “Sorry, I was talking to my father. And I can’t meet you tomorrow, I have stuff to do. Sorry babe.” Wendy replied with an ‘okay’ telling Sehun that she must go now since she should rest, ending the call Sehun stared at the ceiling, sprawled on the bed. “This is just so ing wrong. That Bae Joohyun, I’ll make that week into a living hell that she’ll request for this engagement to be off.” He said to himself with an evil grin on his face. 

 

~

a/n: As you noticed at this chapter, it's Sehun's POV and it is short because I just want to express how he feels about the engagement. the future chapters will be longer than this, so yeah. Comment, Subscribe or Upvote if you want. See you later, lovelies :)