Cinco

Road To Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy wanted more than anything for Irene to stay with her at university. They could live in their bubble, doing their usual routines of parties, dinners, and sleepovers. Their nights could be spent in the company of each other's arms, entangled in the sheets, bodies pressed close together. Adventures would be had daily, venturing to new and exciting places. But in the end, she wondered, at what cost? If she stayed, she would resent her for asking. If she stayed, she wouldn't be living out her dream. If she stayed, part of her would always wonder: what if? And Wendy knew better than to stop someone from doing what they loved.

 

"You promised you wouldn't hurt me," Irene muffled into Wendy's chest.

 

It was hard to swallow. Wendy closed her eyes, wracking her brain for the perfect words to say. No matter what she said, she knew it wouldn't be enough for Irene. "I didn't mean to," was all she could say.

 

"I love you," Irene cried as Wendy held tightly onto her, her body shaking.

 

"I know," She cooed, holding her close to her. "You know I love you, too. And that's why we have to break up. I can't stop you from your future."

 

A loud sob escaped Irene's mouth. They stood in the middle of Wendy's room for what felt like hours, holding onto each other as tight as they could. When they finally did release, Wendy led Irene back to the bed, both taking a seat on the side.

 

"Will you s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter