i know you like me, i know you do

the universe

i know you like me, i know you do

characters: cheng xiao, eunseo

summary: "I know you like me, I know you do," is what she always hears when her friend tells her stories.

note: original fic is "tell it" (05.02.14) featuring spica's narae and sihyun. i remember posting that somewhere before (either AFF or LJ) but i forgot which account i used to post. this is the reboot of that fic. 

 

 


 

"I know you like me, I know you do," is what she always hears when her friend tells her stories.

 

*

 

Whenever she's alone, she catches herself dreaming—confessing—right in front of the person she likes. But to Xiao, whenever that moment will come is going to be centuries away. It is always hard for her to tell things, to let them flow out of her. Let alone speaking: she's nervous when she talks in front of people. Speaking is simply her waterloo. Unless she really has to, Xiao will never utter a word. That's the very reason why her friends resort to her whenever they want someone to listen to their stories. Because she rather listens.

 

"I know you like me, I know you do"

 

It's one of those times when Xiao hears this thing coming from her friend. It's rather confusing than annoying, even though she has dozes of it at random times whenever Eunseo mentions this guy who proclaims to have her caught on liking him.

 

Somehow, it sounds like Eunseo is the one telling that phrase to her.

 

Xiao doesn't know what to say; she doesn't really want to speak but her friend obliged her through a question. So she thinks, ideas clamoring for one answer in her mind, and then after a few more insisting, she speaks, voice soft, words careful—it sounds like she has never spoken in a long while. Well, hasn't she?

 

"Tell what you really feel"

 

Eunseo shakes her head, totally unsatisfied with what she has heard. It's rare to hear Xiao speak, but her voice is something to make it worthwhile anyway despite the content of the phrase she gives her.

 

Eunseo says she has done that, making Xiao wonder what else is there to say. She adds that he doesn't believe it when she tells him that he's just assuming things; he says he needs something to convince him that Eunseo’s really into someone (so he can stop stalking her.)

 

"Prove what is needed"

 

Eunseo snaps her finger, thanking her friend for a great advice. Even if she rarely speaks, Xiao makes sure she tells the most important thing when she does.

 

Eunseo utters some words to herself which Xiao can barely hear from her place that she has to shove closer to her friend. When Xiao is near enough to catch for a contact, Eunseo presses her lips on her friend's cheeks. She smiles at Xiao who is so shocked. And when Xiao is enough to have her caught off guard again, Eunseo leans for a kiss on her lips. And then she shouts right to one corner, "I like her, alright? Stop following me around, idiot! I don't like you!" And just right there a man stands up and makes his way toward the two of them, points at Xiao who is completely puzzled. And he shatters into disbelief.

 

Unbelievable, even Xiao can't digest what's happening.

 

He storms out of the place, emotionally wounded because he just lost his love to a girl. A beautiful girl.

 

Eunseo has just said something that has changed everything.

 

When Xiao asks what that is for, if she's framed up or if it's supposedly just an act, Eunseo comfortably lays her back on the seat to tell her that she really likes her friend. "And don't you dare ditch me," she warns.

 

Eunseo gazes at her as if she can read through Xiao’s mind; she smiles as if those lips have tasted everything in Xiao; she speaks as if she tells it in behalf of Xiao.

 

"I know you like me, I know you do"