Reflection staring back at me

I'll sink (if it's) with you

The first time he ever encountered the sea being was a late afternoon when the sun was just starting to set. He had wandered down to the edge of a dock and watched the view. It’s not the first time. He does it often.  


See Hyosang has a bit of temper and this calms him down. And he’s lonely and coming here makes him feel… less alone. Maybe it’s the thousands of fish keeping him company.


The brunette took a deep sigh. Today’s one of the days he’s just too exhausted. He was fighting with his dad all day. All the insults ringing in his ears. 


“I will not have a son making some Sissy siren music. Have the seas cast me to the devils den! ”


The sissy probably wasn’t necessary but ever since he found out Hyosang like the neighbor boy when he was like 12. His dad made a conscious effort to belittle his masculinity. Old fashioned and weird. A fisherman.


Old man could go to hell for all he cared at this point. He was staring at the bubbles coming from underneath his feet. The water was nice today. Cooling him down. 


It seemed like the amount of bubbles were getting bigger. The boy stared curiously. What’s making so many bubbles?
His reflection was rippling with the bubbles.


Something was different though. His eyes were different. They were hopeful? 


He saw a face. 

And not his face. 


He jump a little eyes widening. Pulling his feet up out the water. He froze half way, His feet hovering now. 


Was he… Was he imagining things? Was it a dead body? This was the dock no one barely visited and no boats ever used. Perfect place to dump a body. 


Wait. There were bubbles.

Did a ing person drown right under him!?? 

HOLY FUC-


Something grabbed his feet and pulled him closer to the edge of the dock. 

Is he- is he still alive?! He needs my inhelp! 


Hyosang got on his knees and started reaching into the dark water. Searching frantically for the man to pull him out. 

. He might have to dive in. 


Panicked he was about to then someone grabbed his hands. Gently holding them they started to caress up his wrists. 


For some reason this drowning person was not very alarmed. Maybe they’re a diver which explains so much. Hyosang peered down trying to make out who it was and what was happening. He really couldn’t with the sun getting lower and the darkness from the shade of the docks. 


More bubbles appeared.

Moving his face closer just inches from the water straining to see the face more clearly. Griping the others wrists tight just in case. 


Even more bubbles. Finally, The face lifts up out the water slowly. Blinking water off their eyes. He’s cute. And he’s not dead. Very alive actually. 


They slid their hands further up Hyosang’s arms. And took a firm hold above his elbows. Pulled him down closer ever gently and just barely. They leaned their head up closer and touched their noses. Staring into his eyes.

 

 

 


“boop”