I/?

Project Akhlys
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

A clatter of heels resounded through the empty hallway. Taekwoon kept a steady expression on his face as the personal assistant walked towards him at the end of the lounge. "Mr Jung, the Secretary For Defence will see you now" the woman told him. She was tall and thin, clearly trained in one martial art form from the way the muscles of her body was built. The form fitting clothes were only to deceive the unsuspecting onlooker into believing that she was a trophy secretary. 

Taekwoon got up, buttoning his suit with one hand and carrying his briefcase with another. "Please lead the way" he said with a formal smile. His eyes wrinkled but with stress and not joy. She turned around leading the way through the corridor. The wooden flooring seemed impractical to him. But above a certain level offices were designed for style and to give secret services hell.

"Here you go" she said, swiping her access card to the office. Taekwoon nodded, being a man of few words. He walked in and his eyes locked with an older man. Taekwoon was not ignorant of the power the man held and the ways in which this political connection would benefit him. And this was the only factor that helped him conceal his hatred for the man. 

"What can I do for you Mr Jung?" he asked him. Frank Jackson was a charming man, he'd give him that. But one wasn't made Secretary of Defence on the basis of charms. "I think you know why I am here Mr Jackson" Taekwoon said with a forced smile. "Hard to be ignorant when a man is persistent. I admire that about you Mr Jung. Your kind is hard to come by" Frank said, pulling out two cigars from his box. He offered one to Taekwoon who shook his head.

"Smart of you to reject it. They say it is bad for your lungs anyways" he said with a shrug. He lit one up and inhaled deeply. "So tell me Jung Taekwoon, what a smart

Please log in to read the full chapter