Trapped

Two Worlds Apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Every soul has to taste death eventually,"

"W-What?"

His face was grim as his lips folded into a straight line. "They killed a friend of ours,"

"They...killed? On purpose?"

"We all kill with a purpose," Jungkook snapped coldly while the other two boys bowed their head, wearing shame as their glorious crown. All. We all, he said. My eyes travelled from the mysterious cold boy in front of me to the other sweet looking two at the back. One hacks. One fights. Does V know how to stab with a knife too? Bits and pieces came together, forming a complete puzzle. But I refused to believe it. This is after all, not some shady drama from a book.

The blood was drained from my face. Usually, the matter of death never bothered me but now that they've mentioned it. I've become associated with murderers. Innocent looking boys who could fight with a clear intend to kill. And they were all standing in my living room, right at that moment. "You-you all have blood on your hands?"

The fear was evident in my voice and Jungkook seem to recoil with distaste. "Don’t look at us like that," he hissed. "You know we aren’t normal citizens. You weren't supposed to be involved. You just had to appear in front of a car that was being driven by a member from Got7. I just had to save you instead of letting you die like how the others normally end up!"

I outwardly flinched at his raising voice. The other two seem shocked too at their maknae speaking so many words in a clear sentence with anger lacing his words. There was another hidden emotion behind his tone, but I was too afraid to think about it.

"Enough, Jungkook. We're leaving," Jimin ordered sternly and grabbed the younger's shoulders but Jungkook shrugged his hand off before storming out of the house.

"What's up with him? Aish!" Jimin ruffled his cotton candy pink hair before jogging out of the house. I stayed still, my eyes still intact with the ground and only looked up when V took a step towards me and eyed me with his doe eyes.. "Eunji-shi...I'm sorry about that. We didn’t mean to scare you. You see, whenever the topic of our lost friend is brought up, he gets very...edgy. I hope you'll understand," I nodded solemnly. Murderers or not, they were humans that cherished someone.

"And I really hope we won't ever meet again. Despite how repulsing it is, we have all murdered innocent lives before. We steal, trade illegal goods and handle underground business. Something a girl like you won't want to be part of," the last line was like Deja-vu as I recalled those exact same words Jungkook told me after he saved me.

V reached to his neck and tugged at the silver chain around it. He lifted it up and I saw the exact same winged pendant Jungkook had but instead of a JK, the letter V was on it. "And whenever you see these signs on the walls, turn away. You don't want to step into our area," he tucked the necklace back under his shirt and continued. “You’re the first, you know?"

"The first?"

V gave me a soft lipped smile. "The first he saved," my heart did a double take.

"Why would he if it was going to cause so much trouble?"

V shrugged nonchalantly. "Maybe it’s because after Jin's death, he realized how much ones death does to others," V looked at me from the corner of his eyes before leaving. "He thought you were probably worth it. So live it well, alright?"

The door was closed gently and I sank into the couch. 'What a night...' I thought. Many thoughts ran through my head but I washed them all away as I dragged my suddenly exhausted self, up to stairs and onto my cold bed. 'Oh God...I pray this is a dream,'

All the while, I had forgotten the silent presence of my aunt in the kitchen that was right next to the living room.

Sunday morning was bright and painful. I hissed like a burning vampire when my aunt drew the curtains. "Rise and shine, babe! Help yourself to some cakes and tarts downstairs,"

I sat up groggily with my hair standing in all directions. "What’s with the chirpy mood?" I squinted my eyes at her suspiciously. She hummed a little tune. "I woke up early today and started trying out new recipes for the bakery and guess what?"

I muffled my yawn with the back of my palm. "What?"

"What do you think of orange caramel cheesecake?"

"I hate oranges,"

"Exactly!" She exclaimed as she clapped her hands together like a little child. "Oh I just love seeing your face scrunch up in distaste. Do pack some and let the workers try them out," I rolled my eyes. "Are you really my mum's sister?" i watched the 30 old woman sway her hips to the side as she descended down the stairs. "Yes but clearly, I'M THE HOTTER ONE!" she threw me a wink and a laugh escaped from my throat. She was more than a caregiver. She was like my sister.

I got up and did my normal Sunday routine. I brushed my teeth and bathed quickly because that is the time I would think and I am sure as heck, not ready to face the events of last night.

'We all kill with a purpose,'

Nope! I thought out loud as I started waving the brush back and forth with force. 'You never met them, Eunji. They were never here,'

After slipping on my sneakers and gripping onto a box of disgusting orange cake, I headed for the bakery, away from my aunt's off pitch and three octaves higher singing. I let out a determined breath of air. Today is just another normal day.

'He thinks you're worth it. Live it well alright?'

Nope! I internally shout as i shoved earphones into my ear and blasted Eric Nam's 'Erase' on the loudest volume.

"Wow! These oranges are the bomb!" The new part timer boy exclaimed with wide eyes. "Can I have the rest?" His excitement and frizzy hair made him resemble a cute lil puppy, despite his tall frame. "Sure, go ahead," I nudged the box across the counter and he started ravaging the cheesecakes so fast, it was as though he inhaled it through his mouth instead.

I rested my chin on my palm as I observe the adorable boy. "Say...How old are you?"

"19, this November," he replied between his chewing.

"What?!"

He cocked his head to the side, "What?"

"You're older th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter