Christmas Present

All I Want For Christmas Is You

 

“Kids, write down your wishes on a paper and put it inside the red socks in front of you. Each sock has your name so you should put it base on your name,” Onew stated.

 

They were at the family room right now, gathering. There was a Christmas tree standing beautifully at the corner of the room. Onew took a quick glance to saw the other singer, Jonghyun, who was staring absentmindedly at the Christmas tree. He looked like he was hypnotized by its beauty. Onew chuckled to himself at that.

 

Key was the first one who protested while the other seemed fine with it. Taemin even already started writing his wish. “Oh please, why in the world we should do this, Onew hyung?” Key asked, with a frown in his face.

 

Onew grinned, “Just to kill our time. Who knows Santa might come and give us the presents?”

 

“Santa does not exist–”

 

But Onew was already covered Key’s mouth with his hand. Slowly he looked over his shoulder to saw the maknae that happily chat with Minho. “Shhh! don’t talk like that in front of Taemin! He can get disappointed to hear that,” Onew whispered while stole glance to the maknae.

 

“Aishh, araso. Just let me go,’kay?”

 

Onew finally let go off Key. And Key immediately wrote down his wishes with a pout. Minho looked like he knew something, kept staring at the leader. His eyes were like ‘I know there must be something about this’. Onew didn’t have any choice but to throw an awkward smile at Minho.

 

“Oh geez, that kid sure is getting smarter each day,” Onew muttered.

 

“Who?” Jonghyun asked which was making Onew jump in surprise. Onew quickly turned his head to Jonghyun that made the shorter worried he might broke his own neck.

 

“Jonghyun you make me have a small heart attack! Can you just not appear so suddenly?”

 

Jonghyun laughed.

 

“I didn’t appear suddenly. It was you who lost in your own world, hyung.”

 

Onew ruffled his hair almost desperately, “Okay, okay. Have you written your wishes, then?”

 

Jonghyun looked like he was a bit blank, “My what?”

 

“Ooh you didn’t listen to my explanation, did you? Aish, Kim Jonghyun!” Onew rolled his eyes. It seemed like Key’s habit to rolling his eyes was contagious to him. Onew decided he had to explain the wishes thing again to Jonghyun.

 

“Oh…mmkay. I…think I get it,” the shorter said, with a broad smile.

 

Onew – who looked like he didn’t really believe Jonghyun’s statement – furrowed his brows together, “You sure you already get it?”

 

“Ara, I should write my wishes on a paper and after that I put the paper to the red sock like this, right?” Jonghyun said with practically put a small paper into the sock that had ‘Jonghyun’ written on the surface of the sock.

 

“Good, now that you already understand that. Do it now before we go to bed.”

 

“Oh-kay,” was only Jonghyun’s reply.

 

--

 

When the night getting darker and the entire member were already sleeping, Onew sneaked out silently from his room to the family room. He picked up the red socks that was previously had been filled by the wishes papers that written by the entire member. It was according to his plan.

 

No, Onew wasn’t going to take all the wishes to throw it away to garbage. He wanted to give Christmas presents to his dongsaengs in unusual way. Thinking about the happy laughter on his dongsaengs’ face, make a smile crept on Onew’s face.

 

After got the socks, Onew quickly get inside his car and started the engine carefully. Last time he started the car’s engine in rush, it almost hit Taemin. Thankfully, his reflex was kind of good, he quickly pull the handbrake so the car abruptly stopped. Then, he had double time to get scolded by his manager hyung and Key, of course.

 

Onew successfully started the engine after a few failure experiments. He quickly drove out and parked in the nearby parking lot. He swiftly grabbed a red sock which looked like Minho’s then took out the paper inside. Onew read it.

 

Hyung, I think I know what you had planned. But I still appreciate that, of course. And Taemin looked like he really keen to write his own wishes. So, because I don’t want to let both you and Taemin down, I’ll pretend I don’t know. Oh, a new soccer ball is enough to shut my mouth.

Merry Christmas, hyung.

Sincerely yours,

Minho

 

“Aish really, this sharp boy,” Onew was confused whether he should depressed or smiling when he finished reading Minho’s wishes.

 

Putting Minho’s paper to the seat beside him, Onew shifted to read Key’s. Key’s paper was delicate and neat. It was tied with a golden ribbon that really matched with the color of the socks.

 

But somehow…somehow the ribbon looked familiar like what he had seen at the Christmas tree inside their dorm. Was it possible that Key took it from the Christmas tree? He decided he will check it later.

 

He pulled the ribbon and was surprised by the length of the paper. Its length even touched the tip of his toe, he even didn’t dare to read all the wishes from Key, and he knew that Key’s wishes will be…endless to read.

 

Feeling more frustrated than before, Onew threw Key’s paper to the place he had put Minho’s paper. The next wishes he would see were from the maknae, Taemin. Hoping the maknae’s wishes would be more sane than Key. Sighing, Onew took the paper out from the sock and read it carefully.

 

Dear Santa,

Christmas draw near and I think I had more good things than the other and I really feel grateful of it. Living with hyungs is really fun too so I really feel happy. And I really wish, I wish that people that I love can feel the same way like me too. I don’t think I deserve a present but still, there’s something that I want to have too, heehee.

Okay, I know it is ridiculous but there’s something bother me. Um, the truth is, I really like the star on the top of the Christmas tree at SM office. It is shining and glittering. It distracts me so much that I even can’t stop thinking about it. I know it sound strange, but–well if you aren’t that busy giving presents to other kids, um, will you?

Please watch for your health, Santa.

Lee Taemin

 

Onew couldn’t help to smile when he read Taemin’s wishes. Taemin’s wishes were pure and innocent, unlike greedy Key. But Onew smile faded when he realized that the Christmas tree was 5 meters tall…

 

How he was supposed took the star decoration for Taemin? The tree was so tall…

 

Onew decided to think about it later, for now he moved his attention to Jonghyun’s wishes. He stared bluntly at the red sock with ‘Jonghyun’ name was written on it.

 

It was Jonghyun, the reason why he planned all this. He wanted to give Jonghyun present, but he was too shy to ask what Jonghyun want for Christmas so he planned this and hoping that Jonghyun will reveal his true wishes to him.

 

He like Jonghyun–no, he love Jonghyun. All of this time, he was afraid to tell the truth that he love the younger. He could only show that he care about Jonghyun, which sometimes the younger reply with the same care to the leader. Onew couldn’t decode the younger love him back or not. But Onew still want to give Jonghyun present for this Christmas.

 

Wondering what Jonghyun’s wishes were, Onew opened it nervously.

 

 

It was blank, Jonghyun didn’t write anything. Onew almost fainted because of the shock. Did Jonghyun forget to write it? Jonghyun looked like he didn’t really pay attention to Onew while the leader was explaining, though.

 

Onew felt like he wants to go home immediately and slapped Jonghyun’s head hard because of this which he couldn’t do.

 

With a groan, Onew started the car’s engine again and made a quick turn to the left, wondering what he should say for an excuse to pick the star from the Christmas tree at SM office.

 

--

 

The Christmas day finally came, all of the boys seemed happy for it. It was Taemin who rushed first to the presents near the Christmas tree. Then Key came afterward with Minho beside him.

 

Everyone looked really fond of their presents including Key, who didn’t get all of his present complete. Everyone was there but Jonghyun wasn’t. Onew couldn’t find Jonghyun at the family room. So he strode over, pass the happy dongsaengs, to the veranda. He could see Jonghyun alone, starring at the twilight sky in awe.

 

The sky was beautiful, Onew thought, all the crimson and violet colors were blend in one – like a painting, beautiful painting to be exact. But soon the gray cloud covered the sky and it made the sky darker, thick like velvet.

 

“What are you doing?” Onew asked.

 

Jonghyun didn’t take his eyes off from the sky, “Waiting for the snow, I suppose?”

 

“You suppose?” Onew laughed, “What kind of question is that?”

 

The younger didn’t reply; still busy starring at the sky. It didn’t matter Onew though, since he would take plenty of time to watch Jonghyun’s face like this.

 

“Do you think it’ll be snowing today?” Onew asked all of a sudden.

 

Jonghyun chuckled, “How could I know about that, hyung? I’m not a weather forecast.”

 

“But you keep staring at the sky,” Onew thought.

 

“How’s everyone?”

 

“Busy,” Onew answered, “with their presents. Too bad you didn’t get the present from Santa. I guess you didn’t tell your wish to Santa, huh?”

 

Jonghyun could only laugh at Onew’s childish comment. Jonghyun looked at his palm, open and close it slowly, like trying to catch air. Onew was watching him all the time and kind of confuse what Jonghyun was up to.

 

“So, tell me what do you want for Christmas, Jonghyun?”

 

A thin smile was formed on Jonghyun’s lips, although so, he didn’t reply. Suddenly, his eyes were widened in excitement as if he had found what he was looking for.

 

“The snow’s falling,” Jonghyun tried to hide the thrill in his voice but it was failed since Onew could feel it, how the younger feel so happy just because a falling snow. Jonghyun tilt his head up and opened his mouth so he could taste the snow. And when the snow touched the tip of his tongue, he quickly closed his eyes as he felt his tongue frozen.

 

“What does it taste like,” Onew asked, eyes still fixed at Jonghyun unconsciously, “the snow?”

 

Jonghyun finally looked into Onew, “You want to know what it tastes like?”

 

Before Onew could open his mouth to answer, Jonghyun already grabbed his arms and pulled him deep into a kiss. Onew was shocked at first before felt hypnotized by Jonghyun’s kiss. The kiss taste like…snow. It cold and smell like winter. Oh, how Onew wanted the time would stop like this for forever.

 

When Jonghyun finally broke off, Onew didn’t know when he started to close his eyes. Opened his eyes gradually, he could see Jonghyun standing near to him, smiling. There was an icy mist near Jonghyun’s mouth, Onew noticed. Jonghyun’s face was beautiful, with cheek red – that Onew wondered it was because of Jonghyun shy or felt cold – stunning smile.

 

“All I want for Christmas is you, Onew.”

 

 



 

 

 

 

I'm never good at ending...but I hope you like it :D

Merry Christmassss :*