RicMin is real!!

Care for a Sandwich?

She walked into the diner and it was empty except for two men in a far booth that she could only see the back of. They both had dark hair and one was shorter than the other and their were leaning close together as they talked quietly with each other. She sat at the counter and examined the pies that were sitting on the back counter under plastic covers. She decides on a slice of chocolate cream pie.

The waitress comes over to take her order. “What can I get for ya, Red?” The woman smiled, everyone that didn’t know her called her that because she kept her hair dyed a dark red.
“I’ll have a cup of coffee and a slice of that chocolate cream pie, please.” The waitress nodded at her and turned to get the pie and to grab the coffeepot to fill her cup. Red thanked her and pulled her phone out to check Twitter and sipped at the coffee slowly, in between bites of the pie, letting the sweet chocolate filling melt in slowly, Suddenly the men in the back started laughing, one of them had clearly said something amusing to the other. She listened carefully to see if she could hear any of what they said.

“So what you are trying to say, Mr. CEO is that you are more handsome than me because you are taller than me?” The short one giggled and out of the corner of her eye she saw him leaned over the table.

In a pouty tone the other one, the taller of the two, spoke, his arms crossed over his chest in a petulant manner.

“Minbongie, all I’m trying to say is that the girls think you are cute because you are short, I never said you weren’t handsome.”

Their conversation was interrupted by the waitress who brought them their food.

“Here you go, guys. One meatloaf platter and two club sandwiches. Can I get you anything else?” They smiled and shook their heads at her and she came back behind the counter, where Red sat with a shocked look on her face.

“Hey can I get you a refill?” The waitress waved her hand in front of Red’s face to get her attention.

“Um…..what? I’m sorry, I was thinking about something else.” Her face was flushed and she held her cup out with a hand that shook slightly. She thanked her and took a sip.

“Those two over there”,the waitress inclined her head slightly in the direction of the back booth, “are pretty handsome. It’s a shame they are wearing matching rings.”

Red sputtered and almost dropped her cup, and she swivled her head quickly to look in that direction. “RicMin is real” she whispered to herself, in total disbelief. The waitress gave her a strange look and walked to the kitchen. Red finished her coffee and pie in total silence, trying to ignore the men in the back.

The waitress dropped her check off and she looked at it and pulled the correct amount out of her wallet out, plus a tip and was about to stand and leave when she heard a voice behind her.

“Care for a sandwich?”

She turned and saw the two men from the back booth standing behind her. The shorter one held the hand of the taller one, who looked intently at his phone. His other hand held a white take out container.

“W….wh…..what?” She stuttered, her eyes took them in and she suddenly blushed bright red.

“This pabo here, his eyes were bigger than his stomach and he couldn’t finish his lunch. I didn’t see any sense in it going to waste.” He smiled wide, his eyes crinkled up small.

She took a deep breath and tried to speak. “Ahhhh….ummmm……! RicMin is real!!” Having uttered those words she slipped past them and ran out the door.

“RicMin is real?” The taller one repeated as the shorted man giggled and pulled him out the door,the extra sandwich still in his hand.