1/3

I still love you

“Where are my reports that I asked you for?” Youngjae crosses his arms and gives a pointed look toward Bambam. 

 

“I didn’t do them,” Youngjae throws his head back and groans in frustration, “BUT! I made a pretty important discovery.” Bambam scoots over so Youngjae can see his work space and laptop. 

 

On the laptop there was a bunch of coding numbers and stuff Youngjae doesn’t understand.

 

Youngjae shakes his head, “Bambam, my specialty isn’t the sciencey things. I do paperwork.”

 

Bambam rolls his eyes, “I made a ing robot!”

 

“Language!”  The two hear Jinyoung, aka grumpy old man, shout.

 

“I made a frickin’ robot!” Bambam recites with the same amount of excitement. 

 

“That is very impressive, but I don’t see it. I need that paperwork! I want it in two hours!” Youngjae stands up from the desk and tries to walk away but Bambam grabs his wrist.

 

“You want to make it with me?” Bambam whispers, looking Youngjae in the eyes. Youngjae sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose. 

 

“Fine. Only if you give me the ING paperwork that I asked for.”

 

“LANGUAGE!” Jinyoung yells impressively loud.

 

“OH OFF OLD MAN.” Youngjae yells back as loud, making Bambam laugh until he is crying.

 

 

“Okay, so what do I do again?” Youngjae slips on his personal protective gear and stands awkwardly in the lab. 

 

“Alright, I am going to press this red button. It will send the coding to the machine. When you hear 2 high-pitched beeps, press the green button 2 times and then the red 5. Then you will hear a siren go off, that is when you haul back out here so you can stand safely with me behind a protective wall.” Bambam cuts off the microphone and silently prays Youngjae doesn’t up a get everybody killed.

 

“Send it!” Youngjae gives a thumbs up to signal Bambam to send the coding report to the machine. Youngjae’s heart races, his palm sweats, and he thinks of his mother praying that he doesn’t die. 

 

Beep Beep.

 

“PRESS THEM!” Bambam screams through the microphone. 

 

“WHAT WAS THE ING BUTTON ORDER AGAIN?” Youngjae panics and pressed the green button 3 times and the red 6. 

 

Then he hears a menacing siren noise. 

 

“RUN!” He hears Bambam scream and he takes off towards the heavy metal door, swinging it open and slamming it shut. He falls to the ground when he makes it to the other side safely.

 

“I can see why you don’t do the sciencey , you at it.” Bambam falls back into his office chair. 

 

“I ed it up. I pressed the wrong buttons.” Youngjae heavily breathes while getting up so he can sit beside Bambam.

 

“That will just make the robots personality a little funky so it is fine. All I care about is that you are alive.” As soon as Bambam mutters that sentence, a loud boom resonates throughout the lab and the safe area.

 

Youngjae nearly jumps out of his chair and turns towards Bambam, “What was that?” 

 

Bambam turns toward Youngjae with an evil look, “The robot is done.” The two young males look toward the lab, which was covered with smoke, and wait for the robot to step out.

 

It seems to take forever for the smoke to clear but when it does, Youngjae was certainly not disappointed.

 

A tall man, around 5”10’, walks out of the smoke. Youngjae was captivated by his looks. 

 

“No.” Bambam shakes his head, “NO, NO, NOOOOO!” Bambam falls to his knees, fists clenched to the sky like he was in a movie.

 

“What is wrong with you?” Youngjae narrows his eyebrows at his strange friend.

 

“THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A SMOKING HOT BABE! BUT, it is a man and now all of my dreams are crushed.” His body falls limp against the cold concrete floor.

 

Youngjae silently laughs, opening the heavy metal door once again. Youngjae walks towards the attractive male, noticing how much more attractive he was once he got closer to him. 

 

“Hi.” Youngjae cautiously talks to the male robot in front of him. The robot looks at Youngjae, scoffs, and walks out of the door into the safe area. “Wait!” Youngjae runs after him.

 

“What’s wrong with him?” He cuts his eyes over to Youngjae, who looks like a child next to him.

 

“He is upset that you aren’t a smoking hot babe. Those were his words, not mine.” Youngjae cutely giggles.

 

“It’s not like he could have scored her anyways.” 

 

“Haha,” Youngjae awkwardly laughs while rubbing the back of his neck. “Do you know your name by any chance?”

 

“If he was a girl, like intended, it was Jaekyung. I guess we can call him Jaebum.” Jinyoung walks through the door face in paperwork,like usual.

 

“Wait,you knew about this?” Youngjae pulls on his white lab coat in shame.

 

“Yeah, even Jackson knew about it. And all he does is work out in the gym.” Youngjae snarls his lip while looking at Bambam.

 

“I am going to beat his twig looking .”

 

Language.” Jinyoung gives a pointed look at Youngjae. 

 

“Who is going to keep me?” Jaebum finally speaks after seeing the exchange. Suddenly, Bambam is standing next to the trio with clipboard in hand.

 

“Well, I intended Youngjae to keep the robot. But you seem a little rude and I don’t want to put my sunshine through that.” Bambam taps his pen against the clipboard.

 

“Whatever.” Jaebum rolls his eyes and looks to the side. 

 

“This is the reason you should have pushed the right buttons! The robot that I coded was a very nice robot and you programmed a dickwad!” Bambam points towards Jaebum with venom in his voice.

 

“I will take care of him.” Yugyeom pops around the corner, floppy hair and all, with an excited look on his face.

 

“NO!” The trio scream at him in unison making his smile go away and he slinks back around the corner.

 

“I will take care of him! I can do it!” Youngjae speaks up with a hopeful voice.

 

“Are you sure? It will be tough.” Jinyoung warns Youngjae, as he has a robot to take care of at home.

 

“I can do it.” Youngjae nods his head in reassurance.

 

 

“Alright, here is the list of things you CANNOT do.” Jinyoung specifies the “cannot” part.

 

1.) No Coffee

2.) No sleeping with them (innocent or not innocent)

3.) No water

4.) No fluids in genreal

5.) No TV for longer than 4 hours

6.) Do NOT give them peanut butter (don’t ask, just do)

7.) Don’t let them outside without you

8.) No animals (robots are allergic)

9.) Don’t give them a blanket to sleep with, only a pillow

10.) DON’T FALL IN LOVE!

 

“There are a lot of weird rules, don't you think?” Youngjae asks Jinyoung to which he gets a pointed look.

 

“They might be weird, but you must follow them! Especially the last one!” Jinyoung presses the subject.

 

“But-“

 

“NO QUESTIONS!” Jinyoung cuts off Youngjae sharply. Jinyoung pushes up his sliding glasses, and waves Youngjae off.

 

Youngjae steps out into the frigid, crisp winter air. 

 

“You kept me waiting long enough. If I could feel things I would be freezing to death.” Jaebum speaks harshly towards Youngjae making him look at the ground.

 

“I’m sorry, Jinyoung was explai-“ 

 

Jaebum cuts off Youngjae, “I don’t care. Take me to your place.” Youngjae scoffs in disbelief and angrily walks in front of Jaebum.

 

“Small bunch! Don’t run, it will make me laugh.” Youngjae hears the smile through Jaebum’s statement. Youngjae turns around and gives him a look of disgust. 

 

“Just follow me and shut up!” Youngjae yells at him but, sadly, his voice cracks in the middle of his sentence.

 

“Sassy.” Jaebum snaps his fingers in a ‘Z’ formation.

 

“Just follow me.” Youngjae snaps at him.

 

 

“This is your place?” Jaebum asks as soon as he steps into the house.

 

“Yeah. You have a problem with it?” Youngjae takes his scarf off angrily.

 

“No. It’s quite cute. I like your assortment of cacti on the window.” Jaebum points at the multitude of cacti. Youngjae blushes and looks down.

 

“You are going to sleep on the couch.” Youngjae leads Jaebum to where his oddly large couch is.

 

“Why is your couch so big?” Jaebum looks confused while he stares at the couch.

 

“B-BECAUSE I WANT IT TO BE BIG!” Youngjae shouts startling Jaebum. 

 

“Alright, small stuff. Just asking.” Jaebum plops himself onto the large couch.

 

Youngjae sighs, “I am going to bed. Be ready by 6:15 AM. That is when we need to leave for work.” Youngjae tries to stalk off to his bedroom but is interrupted by a surprising statement muttered by Jaebum.

 

“Why don’t you sleep with me?”

 

this will be a 3 part story (i think idk) 

i didn’t edit this so if anything is wrong I'm sorry

i want chicken nuggets