Final

Piano Boy

He was our guest but we’ve never really spoken.  I call him piano boy, I don’t really know his real name but I’ve grown to like the name I’ve given him. He doesn’t know I call him that but then again I don’t really think he knows I exist. I don’t really mind though the mystery makes it more intriguing. My friends say he’s trouble so I try to stay away but every other night I can here him in the basement playing a different melody. Other nights he disappears, I always wait for him to come back fearing that he won’t come back, but he always does.

 

Tonight was one of the nights he’d stayed but tonight was different. My parents were away at a company meeting so I was going to try and watch him. I was currently attempting to slide down a flight of stairs without making a sound. Finally making it to the last step I stopped to catch my breath. I slowly turned the handle, pulling the door open hoping the piano would cover the slight creaking. I could only see his backside, his body moving in rhythm  to the soft melody he was playing.   “People will stare, make it worth their while.” I jumped at the voice, I turned my head to see a blond boy staring back at me. “I-i wasn’t.”  My mind had gone blank as I tried to come up with an excuse  He stood from his seat, saying nothing as he walked towards me.  I flinched back closing my eyes, preparing to be hit.  “It’s fine.” He said, I peeked an eye open to check if he was lying. I opened both eyes once I realized that he was being truthful.  “Sorry for interrupt-.”  he cut me off  “Don’t worry, it’s not like it’s the first time.” I stood frozen from his revelation. “You knew.” I uttered “I could hear you every time you walked on the staircase.” he smiled “I never minded since I’ve never had an audience. He revealed. I felt my phone vibrate, pulling the phone from my pocket to see the message. “Would you like to hear a song.” he offered “Sorry I-uh have to go, maybe next time.” I offered running up the stairs.

 

I  stopped to catch my breath as I reached my front door. After making self as less flustered as possible I turned the knob to the door.  “Hey guys.” I greeted the three figures a overly excited. They stared at me.“ Jungkook are you okay?” One asked  “Yeah you you seem a little bothered.” Another asked “I’m fine guys.” waving their questions off. They stared at me a little longer before walking inside. “So what do you guys want to do?” I asked. “What’s that sound.” my orange haired friend asked “It’s the Piano Boy.” I answered “Let’s go watch him.” he said running down the stairs “Jimin, no.” I said running after him.  I could hear my other friends footsteps following us,I was too late to stop him from intruding.  “Hi, I’m Jimin that’s Jin, Taehyung and Jungkookie.” He looked over at me with a raised brow.  “Well my name is Yoongi, I already know Jungkookie.” his tone was mocking. “But it’s nice to meet you three.” he said nodding in their direction “Jungkook always talks about how well you play piano.” I could feel my face start to burn. “Jimin, shut up.” I hissed at him. “Would you like to hear a piece of mine.” he offered. Before anyone could answer, for the second time tonight I quickly rejected his offer and ran up the stairs.

 

It was around twelve when my friends had left. Not too long after my parents called to inform me that their company meeting has been extended. So that means I’ll be alone, in my house, with Yoongi. I could feel my face heat up at the thought, shaking my head to get rid of these distracting thoughts. I looked into the mirror I sat in front of, beads of sweat dropped down my my, my clothes stuck to my body.  As I was about to stand I heard a voice “You're really good.” I felt my legs shake with fear as I fell back to the floor. My heart accelerated due to the fear running through my body. “How long have you been there?” My voice was breathy. “Not long I just...uh pizza.” he said holding up five large boxes

 

“Why did you get large boxes?” I asked as he set them onto the floor.

“Well I didn’t know your friends weren’t here anymore.” he answered

 

“Well why did you get so many.” I asked catching his gaze.

 

“I also didn’t know what you liked.” his smiled sheepishly as his pale face to turn pink

 

I smiled at the thought of him buying five pizzas just to figure out which one I liked, although I did feel guilty for the same reason.

 

“You didn’t have to do that I would’ve liked anything.”  

 

“Don’t worry I didn’t mind, plus it gives me a reason to know something about you.” He mumbled the last part but I still heard it.   “It’s pepperoni.” I said as I opened one of the boxes. His face was covered in a wave of confusion. “What?” he questioned as his face became even more flushed than before. “I said my favorite pizza is pepperoni, that way you know something about me.” I answered smiling at him. “Oh well I’ll keep that in mind.” I couldn’t see his face anymore but I could tell by his voice he was embarrassed.  “Wait where are you going?” I asked as he opened the door. “I was going to leave you to finish practicing.” “What if I trip and hurt myself, you should stay and make sure I’m safe.” My face turned pink after realizing what I said. “I don’t want to be a distraction.” He said declining me again.  “Please, you can show me some of your music.”  His face brightened at the mention of his music.  He closed the door before sitting next to me. “Really because there's a song I’ve really wanted someone to listen to.” he said pulling his phone from his pocket. “I haven’t created a name for it but it’s the best I’ve ever made. It became silent until I began to hear a soft, melodic sound, I tried to focus on the music but it had become like a lullaby to me. My eyes began to fall as My eyes began to fall as felt my face hit something soft.

 

My eyes snapped open as I tried to sit upright, failing in the process due the weight that was on my waist. “What are you doing?” I froze at the voice, I slowly turned my head downwards to see a certain blonde haired boy, my gaze followed to my waist where I found his hand.  “School, I...we’re late for school.” I told him becoming more frantic. I felt the his hand tighten on my waist, making me fall onto his chest. “Jungkook it’s saturday go back to sleep.” his raspy voice was like music that put me to sleep

 

When I woke again the body under me was gone. Successfully pulling my body upright , I was in my bed. I’d fallen asleep in my dance studio with Yoongi. The only way I could’ve gotten back to my bed is- oh.  I began looking around the house to find him. After searching I ruled out almost every room except his. I turned the knob to the door unbeknownst to what was on the other side. Inside stood Yoongi, hair and body wet with a towel around his waist. I quickly averted my eyes turning my backside to him. I almost choked “I..i sorry to interrupt.” I heard him chuckle softly along with some shuffling. ‘Don’t worry I wouldn’t mind you watching, although if you had come earlier we could have showered together.” His voice was teasing you could practically hear his smile “I just wanted to thank you for taking me to my bed.”  “Oh i’ll take you to bed anytime.”  He said before releasing a low chuckle. Without thinking I whipped my body around, I opened my mouth but nothing came out. “Is your face always that red?” he asked pointing at my face. “ I’m leaving and I won’t be back until five!” I yelled as I stomped back up the stairs.  

 

I returned around seven after unintentionally losing track of time. It’s not like I had a curfew but I wanted to be back at home. I was hoping to practice a little and  finally come up with a performance. I also wanted to see a blonde haired boy. That changed when I was staring out of the car window and saw that blond boy walking down the street.

 

“Let me out here.” I told almost yelled to Taehyung

 

“Jungkook your house isn’t for another block.” he said looking back at me

 

“Yeah I know but I got a really good idea for my dance that I want to try .” I said unhooking the seat belt. He stared at me for a moment before stopping the car.

 

“You better not get yourself hurt.”  By the tone of his voice I could tell he was worried

 

“I won’t I just need to do something.” I reassured him before closing the door

 

I waited until he drove off to start moving. By now he was pretty far ahead of me but I could still see his figure.  I speed walked a fair distance behind him before halting to a stop as I saw him stop and turn his head slowly. I ducked behind whatever I could find in hopes the night would hide the rest me. I lifted my head slightly, quickly lowering it after hearing the voice.

 

“I’m here.” The voice belonged to Yoongi. I heard shuffling before another voice could be heard.

 

“This isn’t enough.” The voice was deep and his talking was slurred.

“You remember what happens when there isn’t enough.” The same voice said

 

‘“Do we really have to do this?” Yoongi was speaking again, his voice sounded slightly shaken.  There was a pause of silence before multiple voices of laughter, none of those voice belonged to Yoongi. I looked up just to see one of the men hit Yoongi in the face. I flinched back but I didn’t look away. I continued to watch until  I couldn’t stand to watch him get beaten anymore. Gathering all of my courage before running out from my hiding spot.

 

“I’ll call the cops if you don’t leave now.” I tried to project my voice as strong as possible in hopes of scaring them away. My seemed to work as I watched them scatter away , leaving me with a view of a slightly battered Yoongi.

 

We didn’t speak the walk back to the house. I slammed the door shut as I stomped up the stairs, ignoring his calls.  

 

“Jungkook! Jungkook!” he yelled as he followed me up the stairs “It’s not what it looked like.” his voice was pleading.

 

I turned around sharply “Really? Because it looks like you got beat by a bunch of thugs.”

 

“Jungkook.” he tried again

 

“Oh god is this what you do when you leave?” I began to pace as I tried to stop myself from looking at his face.

“No I...why do you even care it involves me not you!” He yelled at me me

 

“Because I care about you!” I yelled back, stopping in my tracks as I stared at him.  He steps towards me making step back. This continued until my back was against  door.

 

“You what?” He asked stepping impossibly closer.

 

“I care about you Yoongi.” I said looking straight into his eyes

 

We stared at each other silently; I saw his eyes flicker to my lips before looking back into my eyes. He grabbed me by my shoulders, pulling me against him. I was in pure bliss, his hands moved from my shoulders to my waist, I lost my hands in his hair. He pulled away roughly. “No you don’t” he said walking away

 
 

Three days. It's been three days since he’s spoken to me. It’s been three days since i’ve been able to think straight. I don’t know whether to be angry or sad. I haven’t been able to come up with a dance that I have to perform in a week and a half. I hadn’t noticed I stopped walking until II felt myself being pushed into the wall that was behind me. I looked up to see three faces smiling sickly at me.

 

“You interrupted us when we were receiving our payment from Yoongi a couple of nights ago.” One said as he grabbed onto my jacket

 

“How is beating him receiving payment.” I asked pushing him away from me.

 

The three began to laugh “Well little boy Yoongi owes us money he has yet to pay off, so he either has to pay with cash or bruises.”

 

“Unfortunately though we didn’t bruise enough for his full payment, so you’re gonna pay it off for him.”  Before I could try to object I felt the wind get knocked out of me as I was punched in the stomach. Then it was hit after hit, the only thing I could do was cover my face. My body began to feel numb as they began to kick me. Their beating stopped after they heard his voice. I could hear their footsteps as they ran away. When I opened my eyes everything was blurry but I could still make out his face. I began to feel myself lose consciousness .

 

I bolted up, regretting it as I felt slight soreness in my body.

 

“Go back to sleep Jungkook.” The last time I’d heard that was when he was under me.

 

“Why are you in debt?” My voice was hoarse

 

“Jungkook.” his voice was pleading

 

“I just want to know.” I began to cough from the dryness in my throat

 

He started walking out of the room “Yoongi.” “I’m coming back.” When he returned he had bottles of water. “Here.”  he said handing me a bottle

 

“When I was thirteen my parents lost a lot of money, so I wanted to try and help out. he paused taking a drink of water. There weren’t many jobs that I could work so I started looking places where age didn’t matter.That’s when I started betting with the little money I had. Sometimes I would win but when I lost I always convinced them to wait until I got my family stable again. His breath became shaky. When we were finally stable again I asked my parents for the money to pay them off, that was when they kicked me out which made it even harder. My payment became only beatings for almost three months until your parents found me. It was at one of the schools showcases, they said I played beautifully. I played at one of their events, they received compliments at how well I played. So they paid me double and offered me a job and their home. Everything worked out well until you came along. When you said you cared about me it scared me for your safety, because I care about you too.” I began to feel my eyes close. I felt his lips press against my head  “Goodnight Jungkook.”

 

I woke excitedly, I was burning with energy. My body was still sore but that didn’t mattered. I ran into the kitchen stopping in my tracks as I heard his voice

 

“I need a favor.” I turned to see him smiling at me

 

“You don’t have dance for the showcase right?” he stated more than a question

 

My smile was wiped right off my face.”Thanks for reminding me.”

 

He laughed “No no no, that would be a good thing.”

 

I was confused at his comment “How?”

 

His smile only got wider “I have an idea.”

 

“What exactly do you have in mind.” I asked with a raised brow

 

“I want you dance for me.”

 

I don’t think I should’ve been as excited as I was when he said that but I was. I immediately said yes, as I raced down the stairs.

 

“Someone’s excited.” He whispered into my ear making me blush. “Let’s get started.” he said sitting on the bench.” He started to play but stopped, he turned to look at me. “Sit next to me.’ I obeyed as I walked over and sat next to him on the bench “I was talking about my lap but that works too.” I wasn’t looking at him but I could tell he was smirking “Shut up and play.” Listening to my command he began to play, I found myself swaying and getting lost into the melody. “It’s called House Of Cards.” he said after he finished playing. “What’s it about?” I asked intrigued. “Two lovers who know they won’t work, but they stay together until everything falls apart.” “Play it again, this time I’ll dance to it.” I said standing.

 

Tonight was the night. The night of the showcase, and there is no doubt in my mind that anything could go wrong. Over the past week, Yoongi and I have practiced relentlessly to make things perfect. I might have messed things up though, I kissed and he kissed me back. It was once we’d finished, now he was ignoring me again. I peeked behind the curtain to see the crowd spotting my parents in the first row. I began to get worried, he was late and we were on next. I began to hear the crowd clapping at Taehyung’s saxophone performance.

 

“Jungkook!” He was here

 

“Where were you?” I asked questioning if I should hit him.

 

“There’s something I have to tell you.” Deciding not to hit him as I listened to him talk.

 

“I’m leaving and-.”

 

“What! You can’t leave Yoongi we-”

 

“I’m not leaving now but tomorrow.” he took a deep breath “and while I’m gone I need you to wait for me.”

 

“What for you to what?” I asked

 

“Wait for me to come back. I like you Jungkook and I want to be with you but I can’t do that if they try to hurt you again.”

 

“Yoongi, Jungkook your stage is ready.” One of the stage managers said

 

He grabbed my hand, holding it until we had to part ways. He sat at the piano as I stood center stage. The crowd was quiet anticipating our performance. When he struck the first key my body began to flow my body working separately. Every move I made was filled with passion until the very last move where I was on my knees. My body was shaking from the clapping that could’ve shaken the building. I felt him grab my hand again, pulling me into a hug. I was back in control of my body and I knew what I wanted even if that meant waiting. I’m going to make sure he knows that.

 

We won the showcase. Everyone was in awe of our performance. My parents were so impressed that they offered to take me to the most expensive restaurant in the the city. I declined so they opted to getting me a gift instead. Which left Yoongi to take me home, perfect. When we arrived back home I ran upstairs to my room, knowing he would follow.

 

“Jungkook we need to-.” I cut him off with a kiss, he responded immediately . When the kiss got to heat he stepped back. “I will wait for you.” I said smiling at him

 

“I’m glad.” He said breathing heavily “Just don’t ever kiss me like that.”

 

“Why not?” I asked pulling him against me

 

“I don’t think I could control myself if you did.”

 

I pulled him onto my bed “Then don’t” I whispered as I closed the distance between us

 

When I woke Yoongi was gone and in his place sat a white rose and a note.

White roses mean loyalty and trust. Keep this until I return and show you the meaning of a red rose.

 

I’ve waited and I will continue to wait. It wasn’t that hard school kept me busy, like now. It’s winter and our school is having another showcase and I was extremely frantic. I was readying myself to go on stage. I wasn’t alone though, this time I was with Jimin, Taehyung and Jin. We were performing a vocal rendition of House Of Cards.

 

“Jungkook where’s your microphone.” I looked around realizing I left it in the dressing room.

 

“I’ll go get it now.” I said as I ran to the room. It was dark, which was strange because I left the light on. When I turned the light on I saw a pink rose taped onto the mirror. Along with the rose was writing on the mirror. Just a little bit longer. Smiling as I knew who it was. I quickly grabbed my mic and ran out of the room. When we performed I tried to search for him as subtly as possible, but with no luck I couldn’t find him. The melody of the song ended, the stage was once again in awe. I made my way back to the room, the light was once again turned off. This time when I turned it on there sat a gorgeous blond boy sitting in a chair, legs crossed, twirling a rose.

 

“I see you found my journal.” I missed the sound his voice.

 

“I might have used some parts.”

 

“A red rose is usually given to someone by the person.” Each word he said counted for a step he took toward me.

 

He began to kiss my neck slowly ‘You know I haven’t even called you my boyfriend.” I told hi teasingly

 

“You’ll be calling me a lot more than that in a couple of seconds.” He said before closing the space between us