.01

Definition of Love

 

Chapter One

 

Her fingers danced across the keys, pressing them nimbly and quickly, yet so carefully. She can feel the music beating through her head, and the female maneuvered through the harmony.

 

She did not mind the astonished stares the crowd gave her; she ignored everything but the melody. A small smile began to form in her lips. She dove deeper, and deeper into the blanket of harmony.

---

"You are Oh Sunyeon? Twenty-one years old. Searching for a job. Is that correct?"

 

Sunyeon nodded at the women.

 

"Tell me about yourself."

 

Oh Sunyeon stared at her blue buttoned shirt, fidgeting with the hem of the clothing.

 

"Well...before this job, I used to work in a small convinience store right across the street. I also enjoy spending my time studying and stuff." The women jotted down some notes in her small notebook.

 

"What are your strengths?"

 

"I am able to speak two languages-- Korean and English. One of my other strengths would be my strong work ethnic. I do whatever it takes to finish the working deadline."

 

The lady wrote some more.

 

"And what are your weaknesses?"

 

"I'm not a great leader and I can get impatient very easily. I'm working on that problem right now, and I hope I can fix it, or improve it at the very least."

 

"Alright, thank you. You may go now, and we will notify you if you got the job." Sunyeon nodded again and stood up, brushing her black skirt. She was not sure if she was able to meet the requirements for the job and quietly sighed. Perhaps she can find another decent job somewhere else that will be able to accept her.

 

Sunyeon began to call her friend, Kim Jaerin, for a ride.

 

"Sunyeon! Were you able to get the job?"

 

She sighed, massaging her temples. "I'm waiting for them to notify me, but I'm not sure. Jaerin, I don't think I got the job. Anyways, can you give me a ride home?"

 

"Sunyeon, believe! Maybe you're able to get the job. It'll be fine. You just need too stop worrying so much. But yeah, I'm comming! Just wait for a few minutes."

 

"A few minutes would turn into hours," Sunyeon muttered, but a small smile began to form on her lips from Jaerin's positive enthusiasm. The duo bid their goodbyes, and she closed her phone, stuffing it into her pocket.

 

After waiting for a couple of minutes, Sunyeon decided that she should stop by for some coffee at the cafe nearby. She hurried along and bought a latte before scrambling back to find her spot she has been waiting for her friend before. Along the way, she recieved a text from Jaerin.

 

"Suneyon, I'm here! Where are you?"

- Jaerin; 45 seconds ago

 

"Sorry! I went to a cafe and bought some coffee. I'm comming."

- Sunyeon; a few seconds ago

 

 

All of a sudden, Sunyeon crashed into a figure, spilling her coffee in the process. A string of curses ran out of the person's mouth, and Sunyeon immediately bowed, muttering a chain of apologies. "Look at what you've done to my jacket! Do you know how much this thing costs? Why don't you watch where you're going next time, little girl," The man snapped. "I'm sorry," Sunyeon grumbled, clenching her hands into fists. "It was also an accident," she added, crossing her arms. "And I'm also not a little girl. I'm twenty-one years old, thank you very much."

 

"It doesn't seem like it! You weren't careful enough! You ruined my jacket!"

 

"And I said sorry!" The man was beginning to get onto Sunyeon's nerves. "Look, I apologized for ruining your shirt. What else do you want me to do? Do you want me to clean it for you or something?"

 

"No, you're not touching anything that belongs to me. You're just going to ruin everything again," he snorted, sauntering away.

 

Sunyeon glared at him before stomping away, muttering under her breath. Who did that snobby man think he is? It wasn't until she was inside her friend's car when she started to complain about the man to Jaerin. "I mean, seriously, he needs to relax! It's just a jacket. He doesn't need to snap at me or act rude."

 

"But you did ruin his jacket, didn't you? So you both need to chill," Jaerin finally said after her rant, chuckling. "Besides, I know something that can make you feel better. You wanna go to a piano concert with me?"

 

"A piano concert?" Sunyeon had looked excited for a quick second, but then it all dissapeared into grief and dispair. "Jaerin....you know about what happened..." Jaerin sighed. "Sunyeon, you're only watching them play. You're not the one playing. And stop blaming yourself over Yoona's death that happened 2 years ago. It wasn't your fault. Besides, I still know that you still love hearing piano music, right? It'll be fine!"

 

"I guess...we can try it..." Sunyeon bit her lip, playing with the seatbelt.

 

 

 

"Sunyeon, hurry up! We need to find some good seats quickly!" Her friend seized her arm and began rushing to the cushioned seats that stood in the middle of the auditorium. The brunette must admit, the best spots would be that particular place. They settled onto the seats comfortably.

 

More people began to fill in, taking up all the seats with just a few left over. Sunyeon was glad that they were early. A particular person began to sit next to her chair, and she turned her head towards him.

 

That person looked familar, with his brown hair and chocolate eyes. His jacket was also stained with a brown liquid.

 

And that's when it dawned her. The same thing probably happened to him too, as they both pointed at each other, scowling.

 

"It's that person I bumped into!"