Gotta catch you

Gotta catch-YOU!?

 

“I’ll show you adorable!” shouted Jongdae angrily as he launched himself onto Kris.


Chanyeol’s eyes widen in horror as he saw Jongdae throwing punches left and right at Kris, only they weren’t exactly have much effect on Kris. Jongdae was throwing punches at Kris’s stomach, jabbing him left and right. He made a loud grunt for every punch he threw. Chanyeol made a face when he saw Kris yawn and give Luhan a sideways glance when the pink haired boy burst into laughter.


“That’s adorable!” screamed Luhan, laughing loudly

“Luhan, stop.” groaned Kris, shaking his head and running his large hand through his hair,

“He is small.” chortled Luhan, smacking his thigh repeatedly

“Like your one to talk.” muttered Kris under his breath rolling his eyes.

“Yeah, your not not exactly Mr. Tall guy here, you wanna be fairy tale princess!” shouted Baekhyun hotly

Chanyeol felt himself being pushed aside when Luhan launched himself onto Baekhyun, fortunately Baekhyun caught him and gave him a kick in his shoulder, but it wasn’t enough to keep him standing upright and the two ended up on the ground wrestling with each other. Chanyeol jumped out of the way as Baekhyun and Luhan rolled in front of him, both calling each other names. He looked up and saw that Jongdae was now trying to climb Kris, but Kris just looked so done with everything. He could hear Jongdae tell Kris he was going to climb him like a tree before pausing and muttering “That came out weird.” and proceeded to pinch and hit any part of Kris he could. Chanyeol tried smiling apologetically to the senior but it came out strained like he was suffering from stomach problems. Kris gave him an incredulous look before his face contorted in pain at Jongdae taking a big bite out of is shoulder (‘God-damn spider monkey!’ screamed Kris, trying to swing Jongdae off him).. Chanyeol winced and cried out when he got dragged to the ground by Baekhyun.

“Hold his hands Chanyeol!” shouted Baekhyun

Chanyeol yelped in pain when Luhan kneed him in the chest causing him to lay over the senior horizontally while Baekhyun was straddling him holding his arms. Baekhyun was starting to lose the fight as Luhan pushed back and overpowered Baekhyun making the boy fall onto his back so now Luhan was straddling him (Chanyeol still stuck in the middle looking terrified).

Suddenly there was a loud piercing whistle and someone shouting, causing all five boys to look up from their scruffles and immediately pull apart at the sight of a two officers walking over to them. Jongdae yanked Baekhyun and Chanyeol up by the arm and dragged them away before the cops got a good look at their faces. Luhan was pulling on Kris’s arm as the taller boy knelt to grab something and they both bolted from the hill, ignoring the cops orders to stop.

*

Chanyeol was leaving his kitchen, helping his mom with the dishes after dinner when he felt his pockets for his phone. A sensation of a ice cube slipped down his throat at the realization that he didn’t have his phone.

“Shoot!” exclaimed Chanyeol as he dug into pockets more frantically, panicking when he didn’t felt it anywhere on his body, “Shoot!”

Chanyeol stopped moving when he saw his father had stopped walking in the hallway and was watching with a confused look. Smiling sheepishly, Chanyeol pretended to act like nothing was wrong and walking passed his father before fleeing up stairs to his room.

He tore his room apart looking for his phone. It was nowhere to be found. His parents were going to kill him for losing his phone again (it had happened twice before). Chanyeol was having a mental breakdown when he heard a soft knock on his door. He turned around and relaxed a bit when he saw his older sister standing by the door, still dressed in her work clothes holding out her phone.

“Hey did something happen to your phone?” she asked casually,

Before Chanyeol could reply, she walked over to him and showed him a message on her phone. It was by him, but Chanyeol never sent that message.

To: Noona: Phone was dropped at park. Sent at 6:57 PM

“Do you have a lock on your phone?” his sister asked curiously,

“Maybe,” shrugged Chanyeol trying to look innocent. “I forgot I sent that.”

“Nah, you usually send emoji’s and exaggerate your words when you text me,” stated his sister straightforward. “Did you lose your phone again ‘Yeollie?”

“I think I might have dropped it when I was at the park with Baekhyun and Jongdae,” answered Chanyeol with his head bowed, “We kinda got into a fight with some seniors.”

“That sounds more like you and your dorky friends,” agreed his sister, tucking her phone back into her pocket. “Do you want a ride to the park? You can get your phone back before mom and dad find out about it.”

Chanyeol nodded his head frantically and told his sister to wait for him downstairs while he changed out of his uniform and into comfortable clothes. She nodded her head and said she would wait for him. As she was walking down the stairs she took out her phone again and decided to reply to whoever had her brothers phone and give them a warning.

To: Yeol: I am dropping off my brother at the park in fifteen minutes to get his phone back. You hurt him in anyway, I will find you, kill you and make it look like an accident. Do you understand? Sent at 8:12 PM

She smiled to herself when she got a reply back seconds after sending that text. All they wrote was: OK. She tucked her phone back into her pocket as she heard her brother run down the stairs, pulling his sweater down his stomach.

“Ready?” she asked sweetly,

Chanyeol nodded his head.

“I’m taking ‘Yeollie to get some ice cream, he will be back later!” his sister shouted while opening up the door not waiting for a reply and pushed Chanyeol out the door.

*

Chanyeol was walking through the park alone, chocolate ice cream cone in one hand and in the other a ruler length size 5 in 1 emergency stick. It was a flashlight, glowstick, hazard light, whistle, and baton. His sister gave it to him as he was getting out of the car when they arrived at the park (after getting ice cream).

“Just in case.” she stated with a serious face. “Don’t be afraid to blow the whistle or hit the person with it. Stranger danger baby brother.”

Chanyeol only nodded his head as he took the stick from her and said he would call once he got his phone back and closed the car door.

Chanyeol was at the melting ice cream while holding up the end that was the flashlight, looking around for anyone suspicious. So far as he trekked deeper into the park toward the hill where he and his friends were this afternoon, there was no one in sight. The park was empty. It was actually a nice walk. Chanyeol could hear crickets chirping and the air was warm despite it being late in the fall, especially since it was almost 9 in the evening. Chanyeol started twirling the baton like stick in between his fingers, humming softly to himself as he continued to eat his ice cream. Chanyeol stopped at the base of the hill. He glance up at the barely visible hill, there was no light up there. He felt a little nervous about going up there by himself. It was dark and no was around for probably miles! Chanyeol stood there for several minutes trying to pump himself up for walking into the darkness. He never did like being in the dark. Especially in the dark, alone.

For one reason or another, Chanyeol started thinking about all the scary stories Jongdae and Baekhyun use to tell him when they would have sleepovers and were trying to scare one another. Some of those stories were ridiculous (like the story of the missing hand or the story about the bone being used in a soup), but some stories, now that he was in the dark were starting to make sense. What if Ichabod Crane was killed by a headless horsemen? And the headless horsemen only went after tall guys? Wait, Chanyeol was a tall guy!

Chanyeol felt a shiver go down his spine. What if someone was lurking in this park and was chopping off people's heads. Didn’t the news say something about crimes rising in his area?

Chanyeol help up the baton like a sword and the glowstick setting. WIth a determined face, Chanyeol started walking up the hill, away from the main sidewalk.

He couldn’t live without his phone.

He didn’t remember anyone’s number by heart. Plus all his memes and vines were saved on his phone. Precious hours went into finding those and saving them! He had to get his phone back.

Chanyeol held the glow stick in front of him as he got to the top of the hill. He relaxed a little when he saw it was empty and nothing spooky was up here. Okay, so maybe he was overreacting again, letting his imagination run wild. He doubts his neighborhood was experiencing a crime rise. It’s probably the other side of town that had-what was that?!




Chanyeol felt himself tense up when he heard a branch snap and heavy footsteps.

Was it the headless horsemen?! No! It was worst! A weirdo! The type of weirdo that Baekhyun warns him about!

Chanyeol felt his stomach drop and all the color in his face drain him of color. Oh, what was he going to do! What if they try something on him? Chanyeol clenched the baton tightly when he heard the footsteps coming closer. What was he going to do! They were getting closer! Chanyeol clenched his eyes closed and swung the baton when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

“NO!” screamed Chanyeol

Chanyeol felt the back of his hand hit something. Chanyeol opened one eye, his vision coming into focus on the person who touched him. Chanyeol blinked his eyes a few times when he saw someone taller than him standing behind him. His eyes widen in horror when that person turned out to be Kris.

Kris was staring at Chanyeol with a blank expression, his hair was tucked under a black beanie, he was wearing a black hoodie and a face mask. Chanyeol stared back at him, unsure what to say or do. Kris was slowly turning around when Chanyeol finally found his voice.

“W-wait!” stuttered Chanyeol, blushing, “I’m sorry!”

Kris stopped and turned to look back at Chanyeol who was laughing nervously.

“I thought you were a weirdo!” laughed Chanyeol looking embarrassed.

“A weirdo?” questioned Kris

“Yeah, you know those weird guys who prey on younger people and try to lure then into their windowless vans with candy and ice cream?” smiled Chanyeol, rubbing the back of his neck.

“Oh.” says Kris as he slowly turns around.

“W-wait!” cries Chanyeol grabbing the older boy by the arm, “I’m sorry, but, could you,” he paused and bit his lower lip as he blushed once more, “Could you maybe stay with me? Someone picked up my phone and told me to meet them here to get it back.”

“Here.” says Kris, holding out the black smartphone, “I picked it up.”

Chanyeol’s eyes widen slightly at Kris holding his phone in front of him, looking at the ground, looking uncomfortable. Chanyeol reached out and took the phone from the older boy’s large hand.

“Thank you,” mumbled Chanyeol, feeling his cheeks warm up.

“I’m sorry if I scared you.” muttered Kris, still looking at the ground, “I’ll go first.”

“Wait!”

Kris turns to look at Chanyeol who is fiddling with his phone in his hands looking nervous. He faces him and waits for Chanyeol to speak. What was the clumsy boy thinking?

Kris’s head was still aching from being hit with the baton like object in Chanyeol’s hands. He didn’t think he was going to get striked in the head with the object. Kris was walking up the hill when he saw Chanyeol standing at the top holding a glowstick, waving it around him. The boy looked anxious standing up there all alone. Kris wanted to call out to him as he got closer, but he didn’t know what to say. He felt apprehensive about saying the others name since he never actually said his name out loud. Kris wasn’t sure if him calling out Chanyeol’s name would sound okay or not. Plus they never actually introduced themselves to each other.

Kris was within arms length of the boy when he decided to reach out and touch him, maybe they could talk first before he handed the boy’s phone back to him. As soon as he touched Chanyeol, he got hit in the head and Chanyeol screaming at him.

The whole ordeal took Kris by surprise, he didn’t expect the other to react like that to touching him. Chanyeol stared up at him with a dazed like look but started to panic when he actually looked at him. Kris felt bad for startling him. He was going to leave and let the guy calm down when Chanyeol reached out to him and started babbling to him, saying he thought Kris was a weirdo here to abduct him. Kris felt his pride take a major hit, did he really look that scary to Chanyeol?

Kris was regretting meeting here and was going to go home and hide under his bed for scaring the clumsy puppy when Chanyeol reached for him again and asked him to stay. Kris felt hope bloom in his heart but it was deflated when Chanyeol explained he was waiting for his phone to be returned. Kris sadly reached inside his pocket and presented the phone to the boy. After Chanyeol took the phone back, thanking him for returning it. Kris apologized for scaring the lad and was about to leave again when Chanyeol stopped him once again.

“You play pokemon right?” asked Chanyeol tentatively, shuffling on his feet a little, “Do you wanna, maybe, hang out and look for pokemon together?”

Kris swore he could hear angels singing in the heavens at the request.

Chanyeol wanted to hang out? With him?

Talk about having one door close and another open!

Kris nodded his head fervently and said a quick “Okay!”

Kris’s heart melted at Chanyeol smiling broadly at him.

“Okay!” exclaimed Chanyeol

Oh, Kris was so long gone.

*

It was close to 10:30 in the evening when Kris and Chanyeol had finally made it back to the hill, after walking around the park together, phones out searching for pokemon. But honestly, they did more talking then looking for pokemon. Kris was nervous at first, wanting to make a good impression to make up for Chanyeol thinking he was a weirdo. But he was a weirdo. A weirdo for Chanyeol.

Kris felt elevated whenever he managed to make Chanyeol laugh out loud. He was starting to second guess Luhan’s verdict of him being ‘unfunny’, Chanyeol was laughing at all his jokes. Chanyeol even playfully pushed him away when Kris made a joke about chicken. This was hands down the best night ever!

“My feet hurt from walking,”said Chanyeol out loud, plopping down on the grass, “Lets rest a bit.”

Kris nodded his head and sat down next to the younger boy. Chanyeol was staring down at his phone, moving the phone around in the air, hoping to catch a pokemon, if he was lucky.

“What level are you Kris hyung?” wondered Chanyeol as he glanced at the older boy

“I’m a level twelve,” replied Kris, taking out his phone and showing it to the boy.

“Wow!” said Chanyeol in awe, “I’m only a level six.I finally picked a team today actually.”

“What team did you pick?” asked Kris immediately

“Valor.” answered Chanyeol proudly

“You have good taste.” concurred Kris, nodding his head in approval giving Chanyeol a thumbs up and Chanyeol beamed at him, “I am team Valor too.”

“I know,” said Chanyeol quickly, blushing when he realized what he said, “Uh, Jongdae, he uh, told me you were team Valor.” looking away shyly

“Ah, that guy,” nodded Kris, putting his phone on the ground, “‘thunderboi21’, right?”

“Yeah,” chuckled Chanyeol shaking his head, “He’s a bit intense right?”

“It’s a good username though,” offered Kris before adding, “Don’t tell him I said that.”

“Scouts honor hyung,” said Chanyeol quickly, “I won’t say a thing.”

“What’s your username by the way?” asked Kris curiously, looking at Chanyeol patiently

“Oh,” blushed Chanyeol looking away, “My username is ‘lovingthatsize27’.”

Chanyeol flushed when he heard Kris laugh. His username sounded ridiculous.

“What’s a username like ‘hands69’?” countered Chanyeol giving Kris a look who immediately stopped laughing

“Luhan actually put that in and now I can’t change it.” answered Kris lamely, “I didn’t come up with that name I swear! I wanted to have a cool name like ‘mr galaxy’ or something.” blushing when he heard Chanyeol laugh at him, “What’s so funny?” demanded Kris

“Stick with ‘hands69’” laughed Chanyeol, hitting the ground with his hands, “It sounds better than ‘Mr Galaxy’.”

“What's wrong with that name?” asked Kris who playfully shoved Chanyeol

“It sounds so dorky!” gasped Chanyeol, falling to his side laughing out of control

Kris jabbed Chanyeol in the side, smiling when he saw Chanyeol flinch and shout “I’m ticklish!”. Kris smiled wickedly and started poking Chanyeol in the side more, laughing when the boy started to laugh louder. Kris’s hands grazed over Chanyeol’s stomach and the boy twitched hard, his knee jerking on reflex and knocking Kris over.

Kris yelped in pain and tried to pull himself together but he was already falling. Instinctively Kris grabbed onto Chanyeol’s sweater and pulled the younger toward. Chanyeol cried out at being pulled. Chanyeol proved to be too heavy and Kris started to roll down the hill, taking Chanyeol with him. Kris wrapped his arms around Chanyeol and held him close as they gained speed and plummeted down the hill.


They landed at the bottom with a loud ‘oof!’


Kris was over Chanyeol, his arms wrapped underneath the boy. His left arm was screaming in pain at the extra weight. Kris grunted and tried to push himself upwards, he opened his eyes and looked down. He felt his mouth go dry. He was on top of Chanyeol, and Chanyeol was staring up at him in awe.

He wasn’t sure how long they stayed like that, staring at each other. Kris was too captivated by Chanyeol’s glowing face from the orange streetlight several feet away from them. Chanyeol looked exquisite. His eyes were wide and shining brightly, despite the darkness. His lips were plump and slightly wet, breathing softly. Kris would of kept on staring at him if it wasn’t for Chanyeol gently pushing him up and they both sat up from the ground.


“Uh,” stuttered Chanyeol, laughing nervously, “You okay?”


“Yeah,” said Kris quietly, “Are you okay?”


Chanyeol hummed and nodded his head. He scooted backwards and stood up steadily, dusting himself off. Kris followed suit and stood up.


“We should probably go and grab our phones,” murmured Chanyeol staring anywhere but at Kris, and started walking up the hill.


Chanyeol felt a hand on his arm, pulling him back. He blinked as he was turned around and he come to a stop. He squeaked when he his heart skip a beat and he felt a pair of warm lips on his.


Fireworks were going on inside Chanyeol’s head. He swore he could hear Billy Idol singing in his head. His eyes were wide open as he stared up at Kris’s flawless face, his eyes were closed. Warmth started to bloom in his tummy and spread through his whole body, it felt amazing! Chanyeol slowly started to close his eyes and he pursed his lips, pushing back on the plump lips on his. His mind went completely blank. What was doing? He didn’t care anymore.


When Kris finally pulled away, Chanyeol was still sticking his lips out, his eyes still closed. Kris grinned at the sight, Chanyeol looked adorable! How can someone so beautiful be so cute?


Chanyeol opened his eyes and stared up at Kris with a happy dazed face. He blushed when he felt Kris touch his cheek gently. Reality came back in a snap.


“Phones,” murmured Chanyeol.


“Oh, right,” muttered Kris


“Pokemon.” mumbled Chanyeol slowly. “We didn’t catch any pokemon.”


“I caught you.” said Kris quietly, smiling when he saw Chanyeol flush and look away


Chanyeol gently pushed Kris away and ran up the hill.


“Don’t say weird things like that!” cried Chanyeol


Kris laughed at the boy’s nervous behavior. He wanted to keep teasing Chanyeol.


“Hey Chanyeol!” shouted Kris, smirking when Chanyeol stopped halfway up the hill to look at him, “Can you be my Pikachu?”


“NO!” shouted Chanyeol, covering his face and kept on running


“Pikachu I choose you!” yelled Kris as he chased after Chanyeol.


-The End-