Strike it Lucky

Strike it Lucky

 

 

“Chanyeol-ssi, do you have a date today?” Chanyeol’s a little taken aback by the question he gets from his colleague.

“Of course not. Why are you asking?” Chanyeol laughs.

“Well, you look a little too happy today,” His colleague said half-joking. The man with ‘Happy Virus’ as his nickname got into a laughing fit.

“Seriously, Sungjae-shi?” Chanyeol wipes his tears from laughing too much.

“Yes,” Sungjae laugh too, “I know you’re our happy virus, but today your happiness is on a different level.”

“Maybe you’re right. Maybe I got a date,” Chanyeol chuckles while standing up and leaving Sungjae’s room with the document he needed.

Sungjae may not be entirely wrong. Today is the day of Kris Wu’s final concert in Korea and Chanyeol is excited. His mood was a little down this morning when he got called to the office; emergency meeting with the planning department on his day off, what a bummer. He thought he wouldn't make it to the concert, but thank God, the meeting ended early. That was the actual reason for the question Sungjae raised. Chanyeol just wasn’t ready to tell anybody in his workplace. That he is an avid fan of popular singer, actor, mc, and composer Kris Wu.

To cut it short, Chanyeol is a meigeni.

Only Chanyeol’s close friends knew about his interest toward Kris Wu. They don’t even know that most of the time when he declined their invitation to hang out on the weekends, Chanyeol travelled overseas to attend Kris’ concerts. He missed few ones because of work, but most of the time, he made it to the country Kris was holding his concert on the day of, attended it, then flew back to South Korea to work (the power of money is scary). He never goes anywhere other than the concert venue except for sleeping in the hotel because of the exhaustion and due to the work he need to do in that particular country.

His interest towards Kris Wu started two years ago.

Chanyeol got everything he needed in his life, he has his own design company, although small. He has enough money to spend on anything he wants. He even composes music on his free time and the amount he has sold has given him a small fortune. Still, he felt empty. His friends suggest he should start a relationship, maybe he needs love to make his life complete.

It didn’t go well though.

Nobody understood him, that’s what Chanyeol has always believed, it has always been like that. His mom never understood him, neither did his father. His one and only sister? She never even care, not in the way Chanyeol want her to care, she didn’t see any problem with his life. At least, Chanyeol wanted his special one to understand him, they didn’t either.

Chanyeol was alone.

Of course if he said he was lonely, his friends would say “Yah, we’re here. Why are you lonely?!” and tried to cheer him up, but that just made it worse. ‘Have you ever felt alone in a sea of people?’ Yeah, that’s exactly the feeling Chanyeol always had.

Then, he discovered Kris Wu.

It surely sound stupid, but Kris Wu is like an oasis in a desert to Chanyeol. At first watching Kris Wu on his laptop’s screen already enough for Chanyeol. But not now. Nowadays, Chanyeol is busier booking tickets for Kris Wu’s concerts than busy with work. Well, he is good at his work. So, it never takes much of his time.

Back to today, Chanyeol feels so excited that he is going to meet his oasis. He even whistling while getting ready, hopping all over his room out of excitement. It is kind of scary how happy he became when he is thinking about Kris Wu.

It is like he is in love with Kris Wu.

Chanyeol wave his hand over his head, wiping the imaginary bubble containing his ridiculous thought while giggling. ‘That is so absurd,’ the smiling guy thought. As he goes through his wardrobe in search for the outfits for Kris Wu’s concert tonight (he spent so much time on his outfits because he going to meet Kris Wu. Well, more like seeing him from far away. Duh, it’s a concert), a photo fall off from one of his shirts. A family photo of his. His blood pressure instantly going up, the back of his head feels numb.

Chanyeol hates this feeling.

The feeling that he was trying hard to forget came back as soon as his eyes landed on a photo. The very reason of the feeling of depression he used to feel when he was still living with his family--- his own family. Chanyeol doesn’t want to remember.

‘Kris Wu, I’m going to see Kris Wu tonight, I don’t want anything to ruin my night. Just remember Kris Wu,’ Chanyeol’s mind repeatedly remind him of the source of his happiness. After a few moments, Chanyeol was back to smiling and choosing an outfit for the concert.

 
 

The venue for Kris Wu’s concert is as big as his name in the industry. Meigeni filled every empty seat available for them with faces full of excitement.

“I wonder if he’s going to be here tonight,” The tall man took a peek from backstage to see the sea of fans filling up the venue.

“He will be there. Trust me a little, will you? I’m your manager you know,” another tall man, slightly shorter than the other, tapped his shoulder from the back.

“I’m just—he’s not in his seat,” the taller man looked a little too nervous for a professional performer.

“Yah, just calm down!” His manager laughed, “I’ll make sure that everything runs smoothly. Don’t worry. He got the ticket, okay? I guarantee you.” The other man finally nods his head slowly before a backstage staff called for him to do a final check on his mic.

 

It all started with a photo. His manager was looking at photos of him online while smiling with a few of his staff, and Kris got curious. He looks at the photo they were looking at in his manager’s laptop screen. It was a photo of him, but not really him. It was a fan taken photo of Kris, except Kris is not the focus of the photo. There was another man inside the frame, Kris was in front of him, but his figure was blurry. The lens seemed to focus on the male and what caught Kris’ attention was his beautiful face and grin, that face never left his mind since then.

Luck was on Kris’ side when he easily spotted the man with the beautiful face in almost all of his concerts around the world. The man must have been a die-hard fan of him and Kris couldn’t be more glad for his luck.

He’s in love.

 

Chanyeol was finally inside the venue for the concert. He was excited, and so were the female fans around him, but for a different reason. They’re also die-hard fans of Kris Wu, but it wasn’t a crime to enjoy the beauty of another human being for free, right? Some of the meigeni were taking advantage by taking pictures of one of the few handsome male fans of Kris Wu.

Chanyeol was popular with the fans without him even noticing it. Few of the girls behind him kept whispering amongst themselves, but Chanyeol didn’t pay much attention to them or to his surroundings. He never did, all of his attention was on the stage. When Kris Wu appeared on the stage to greet the fans, all of them screamed loudly except Chanyeol, he’s excited on the inside.

It sounds funny, but it’s the truth.

He enjoys all the performances by Kris Wu, but the people surrounding him can just see him smiling fondly while looking at the main protagonist for the night on the stage. Not that he’s ashamed for liking the male idol, is just that’s how he is, when he’s around strangers.

The time has come where Kris Wu will interact with a lucky meigeni on stage. Chanyeol feels a little excited tonight, as the staff will pick the lucky fan through the numbers on their ticket. Chanyeol has never gotten lucky before– (not that he wants to be on the stage).

But tonight seems a little different.

Before he got inside the venue, a girl came up to him and gave him a new ticket. And without giving Chanyeol any chances to ask, she said that the ticket will get lucky tonight and hand it to Chanyeol before she disappeared. It all happened so fast that Chanyeol was still confused about it. He doesn't know how the girl could be so sure, but since it didn’t bring any harm to believe her without any basis, Chanyeol just let it be.

Who would’ve thought that the ticket was for a VIP seat? He was kind of getting cold feet. So, instead of taking the seat on the VIP area, he sits on his original seat. He regrets it now, really, the VIP seat clearly had a better view than his current seat.

“I’m so stupid,” Chanyeol mumbles in regret. His attention was brought back to the stage when the MC started to talk.

“Tonight will be different, only one person will be lucky,” The MC’s announcement brought a loud disappointment sound from fans, the MC continued to talk.

“Come on, sometimes, something different will be more memorable, right?” The MC laughed a little at the mixed response he received.

“Don’t you all want to know the prize?” A loud ‘Yes’ resounded around the venue.

“Of course you all want to know. The prize will be... a dinner date with Kris Wu!” Loud screams from the fans made Kris laugh with a hand covering his mouth, feeling a little shy.

“So, who will be lucky tonight? Kris, why don’t you draw the number now, pick only one, okay?”

“Okay. I pray that all of you guys will be lucky tonight,” Kris drew the number from inside the box while teasing his fans. He then gives the small piece of paper he draws to the MC.

“The lucky fan is... the one with ticket number 0611! Where are you at?”

At that, Chanyeol feels that he’s in a dream. Did he just hear the number of the ticket in his hand? It’s not, right? He must be dreaming, right?

“0611, who got ticket with the number?” The MC repeats the number a few times and it makes the tall man standing beside him fidget on his feet. ‘Is he not here?’

But suddenly there's little screams coming from few fans on his right side. Apparently, someone took it upon themselves to raise his arm. The camera nearest to them quickly focused on him so that his face appeared on the big screen. Meigeni’s loud cheers echoed from all corners.

Even though they were not the lucky fan, they felt like they just won the lottery. Since Chanyeol appeared in almost all of Kris’ concerts around the world, fans began to talk about how nice it could be if Kris and Chanyeol started dating in real life. It started as just a dreamy talk among meigeni and it ended as the most popular Kris Couple amongst Kris’ fans.

KrisYeol was the official name of the couple..

And now, Chanyeol was the lucky winner. It was like a dream come true to those shippers who could only imagine how they’ll go on dinner dates, get married, and take care of little kids. It looked like more fanfics about Kris and Chanyeol would flourished after this.

“0611?” the young man raises his hand and nods.

“0611, come up here on stage,” The MC then asks the fans to clap as the man walks towards the stage, his face clearly nervous. When the man was already on stage and standing on the left side of the MC (Kris was on his right side), Kris couldn’t contain his happy smile. There, just a few inches away from him, the familiar beautiful face is smiling nervously and looking so adorable fidgeting on his feet just like Kris a few minutes ago.

“So, before we give you this ticket”, The MC waves the ticket, ‘Dinner Date with Kris Wu’ written on it for the camera to focus on, “Can you introduce yourself?”

“Ah, yes. I’m Park Chanyeol, 24 years old. Nice to meet you,” Chanyeol answered with his deep voice and bowed his head a little before shaking hands with the MC. He received more loud cheers from the crowd.

“Chanyeol, do you want to shake hands with Kris too?” The MC asked with teasing smile.

“Erm… can I ask for a hug instead?”

Kris’ eyes widened in surprise at Chanyeol’s request. Chanyeol doesn’t look like someone who would ask for a hug, a handshake, yes, but not a hug. Well, for the looks of it, at least he’s not the only one who is surprised. Chanyeol almost smacked his own head for blurting out something so embarrassing like that. ‘Gosh, I’m so stupid!’ Chanyeol scolded himself. But it’s a rare chance and he wants to grab it so bad, when will he ever get another chance like this again? Maybe not even in a million years.

“Of course you can! Kris?” The MC looks at Kris all smiles.

“Ah, sure. Why not!” Kris says while trying to act cool while inside, only God knows how giddy he feels. He walks towards Chanyeol slowly while open his arms and Chanyeol without further ado steps inside Kris’ open arms, while bringing his arms to wrap around Kris’ back. ‘Kris smells nice,’ Chanyeol starts thinking, ‘And he has a nice back, broad shoulders and all. Perfect!!!’ Chanyeol nestles his head further under Kris’ chin unconsciously.

“Chanyeol,” Kris whispers near an ear, a little too close for Chanyeol’s comfort as Kris’ voice sent shivers down his body, nice ones nonetheless.

“Y-yes?” Chanyeol finally found his voice to answer.

“Can’t wait for our dinner date, I have a surprise for you. I know you’ll surely like it,” Kris continued to whisper before he retreats, all smiles, like the whispers never happened. Chanyeol looks astonished, seems like he struck luck tonight. Really lucky.

Before long, Chanyeol composed himself and smiles, looking right at Kris’ eyes.

“I look forward to it.”

 

TBC?