Final

Smile For Me

"Stop looking at her, you're just hurting yourself." Johnny just smiled. "You had never fell in love, didn't you?" 

"What?" He just chuckled at the annoyed tone. "When you love someone, you won't be able to stop yourself from looking at that person, even if it hurts." He turned his attention back to the laughing girl a few tables away. "So that's why." It was barely audible yet Johnny heard it. "What?"

 

 

Lovable, beautiful, bubbly, smart and kind. These are some of the adjectives that would describe Min Hyerin. She's everyone's angel, Johnny included. He would always watch her, smiling cheekily at the sight of Hyerin. It might look creepy but no one really notices anyway.  "Can't you just confess to her, dude?" Someone in his group of friends once asked. "Naah. I'm happy with what I have now." He answered with a smile then continue joking around. No one knows if he's lying or what. He doesn't have anything involved with her, how can he be happy with just looking at her? 

 

"What's with the frown?" He asked while he watches her across the school field. "You're looking at her again." He chuckled. He's a very bubbly person, isn't he? How can he laugh and smile while watching the girl he likes laugh and smile with another guy? "I like her. There's nothing I can do." Then he would continue watching her. 

 

"Johnny Seo!" A girl called him silently. "huh?!" He quickly raised his head, startling the other students inside the library and earning a loud hush from the librarian. "Pfft." He turned his attention to the chuckling girl in front of him. "Hyerin?" He asked in disbelief. "What?" She asked him innocently. "What are you doing here?" "Well, we need to finish the group project assigned to us." She shrugged and smiled, earning a "right" and wide grin from Johnny. 

 

"Hey," Johnny smiled at Hyerin as they sat beside each other at the lunch table. They have became friends after the group project. "Wow, hyung. Never thought you'll ever have the guts to talk to her." Ten clapped slowly. "Hmm?" Hyerin looked at Ten then back to Johnny as if Silently asking them what's up. "You know, noona, that tall guy," Ten pointed at Johnny, "had like you for ages!" "Huh?" Hyerin shoot Johnny a questioning look. "But you said you like-" she was cut off when Johnny suddenly fed her with the sliced apple on her tray, earning a glare from the her. He whispered something to her that made everyone in the table curious when she nodded while grinning. What could he have told her? 

 

 

"Johnny, please stop looking at her while looking so damn happy." Johnny turned to look because of the pleading voice. He was looking at Hyerin who's walking on the hallway while holding hands with her 3-year boyfriend. "What?" "You knew she was taken?" He nodded, no pain evident in his face. Whether he is not hurt or he's just good in masking it, no one knows. "Then why do you like her?" Pain was evident on the voice.it's as if it's the one who's hurting. "I'll tell you, soon. Stop frowning." He smiled. "Please smile for me once I do, okay?" I can only nod. 

 

 

For the past 8years of being Johnny's best friend, this is the only time he's actually telling me something that actually matters. So I waited. 

 

"Why are we here?" I asked him. "Wait,more like why am I here with you?" Don't get confused. We're in the music room and he's in front of the piano, ready to play a song. "I'm gonna make you smile." He was grinning. Okay? 

 

 

He started playing the piano. How can he look so stunning by just sitting and looking so serious while pressing piano keys?  How can he never let me watch him play? 

 

Then he started singing. And I think I died a little.  

 

Kick out the fuss

You know you get in my dear  

Smile for me girl 

Don't you she'd a tear

Give me it all back 

Cut me it bit of slack 

Tell me you're never gonna leave me poor 

I'm on the other side with the greener grass Why

girl 

 

Then he looked at me with a smile. I think I died again. What's with him? Why is he even doing this? 

 

So? why don't you smile for me 

Now I take your picture 

Make it last a lifetime 

For it played in my eyes 

Smile for me 

I'll give it all back 

In my oldest time 

I'll make you mine 

You got me so hung up 

You got me so love sprung

 

He stopped playing and looked at me. "It had always been you. You never noticed but you were the one I kept looking at. I was watching Hyerin because I see her as you. Back when we we're younger, when you didn't even know my existence, when you were still carefree. I missed seeing you smile. Ever since we've became friends, you only smiled thrice," he even held his fingers. His so childish and cute. Why do you have to be like that? "I really really like you. I'll never ever make you frown." He looked at me right in the eyes then continued playing. 

 

"So, smile for me, girl~" he ended the song, smiled at me and all I can do is smile back. I think I fell for him again. 

 

 

++

 

Please tell me what you think!  >< edited a bit and uh, I'm here to ask for help. please please rt and like @matchacoffce 's pinned tweet on twitter (https://twitter.com/matchacoffce/status/982241160486797314) thank you TOT