Tokyo, Japan

A Cold Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm sorry" Makoto uttered without eyecontact, as she bumped into a stranger on street. As facinated she was by the bustling neon signs and hoards of people surrounding her. It felt cold and lonely, not because of the winter wind.

 

The man looked over his shoulder as she slowly walked away, people parted like water around her as her slim frame oozed with sadness.

 

"Hmm" He hummed to himself, tugging at his cap and turning away. 

 

"So this is where I'll be staying huh" She shrugged and lowered the stroller handle down and picked it up from the ground, walking inside of the small apartment building. Her airbnb apartment, was wonderful. It was cozy, simple semi-modern japanese place in the quieter area of Tokyo with a bathtub and balcony. It was warm and comfortable, compared to the barsk cold weather and the cold heavy loneliness that harbored inside of her.

 

She took a seat on the couch, it was so incredbily quiet.Various thoughts roamed like a massive flood inside of her head, it was static and noisy, chaotic. Till the tears just fled without warning and dotted darkness onto her jeans, that night was not a pleasant night, but tomorrow was a working day, a day to forget - just for a little.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter