The end

Saved

5 YEARS AGO

Gu Ara ran for her life through the dark, rainy night. She prayed that God would help her. That somebody was save her. She ran through the back alley of Gangnam behind every nook and cranny. She knew these streets better than anyone as she was living on the streets herself.

She could hear them calling for her, she look back to see if they were on her trail, but she didn’t see anyone.

Finally, she went inside an abandoned building and hid.

If anything she could seek shelter here til the storm passes.

“Hyung-nim, I think she went in here!”

Ara frozed, hoping they won’t find her.

“Gu Ara, come out! I’ll go easy on you.” She heard him laughing. “You’re mine anyways. Your father sold you to me, so, if you think you can run from me forever, you can’t.”

She held her breath as she heard them coming closer.

*BANG

 

“YAH WHO’S THERE?”

Ara peeked out a little to see what was going on.

In comes walking a group of men wearing all black, however, in the front and center was a man in a dark navy suit. All of them were well polished and a little bit wet from the rain.

“Kim Byung Chul, you’ve been running away from me.” 

The man who was looking for her. Kim Byung Chul, a dirty, sleezy scumbag. Her father had owed him money for years and when she finally turned 18 a few months ago, her father sold her off to him.

“Ah hyung-nim. Ani, I’ve been meaning to come look for you.” Byung Chul said meekly while bowing his head. Not daring to look him in eye.

Hyung-nim? Ara thought. Byung Chul is probably the same age as her father and that guy doesn’t even look old at all.

“Is that so? Well I’m here now, where’s my payment?” He said as he stuff his hands in his pockets.

“I’ll give it to you first thing tomorrow morning.”

“You said that last week. I’m tired of waiting.” The young man walked closer to old geezer.

“I promise I’ll have it in your hand tomorrow morning.”

“How about we make a deal?” The young man suggested.

“A deal?” Byung Chul sounded interested. He hoped that Daehyun would let him off.

“Yeah, give me the girl you’re chasing.”

“Ah neh, if you can find her you can have her.”

Daehyun walked over to where Ara was hiding and before she could make an escape, he grabbed her hand roughly and pulled her close to him.

“Found her.” He smirked.

Ara looked at him in fear. When she prayed to be saved, she didn’t mean to be “saved” by someone like him.

 

4 YEARS LATER

“Ara Agassi, it’s time for breakfast.” An old woman called out to her.

“Neh halmoni!” Ara responded.

She walked out of her room and headed to the dining room. She was the first one there, as usual.

“Good morning Ara.”

She looked up and the man who saved her. Her savior. Jung Daehyun, dressed in a dark gray suit.

She gave him a smile as he proceeded to sit down across from her.

She saw a bruised girl about her age walking in behind. She looked at the girl, curious about who was she.

“What are you doing? Sit down.” Daehyun said to the girl. Then the girl sat down next to him. Not even bothering to look up.

“This is Na Young, she’ll be living with us from now on.” Daehyun said as he started eating.

Ara’s heart sanked. She was disappointed that there will be another girl he’s caring for.

Jung Daehyun isn’t the affectionate type, but at times he would take her out and hold onto her. He would spend nights in her room and vice versa. From the outside, they look like a couple. That’s what everyone believed. She didn’t know how he felt about her and she was too afraid to ask. But she loved him, her savior that took her in four years ago.

 

COUPLE MONTHS LATER…

Na Young was the complete opposite of her. Ara was quiet, she kept to herself, but she was very nice to everyone even the maids. Na Young on the other hand. She would throw tantrums, break things on purpose and blame it on the maids. But around Daehyun, she was the sweetest girl ever.

However, no one dared snitched on her. Daehyun wouldn’t believe them.

Ara was sitting in the garden, reading her book while her little puppy Mochi was sitting in her lap.

“AHHHHHHHHHHH!” She heard Na Young screamed.

She rolled her eyes. Not again she thought.

Na Young ran out to the garden and started stomping on the flowers.

Ara looked at her in disbelief.

“Bwoh? Are you going to tell Daehyun oppa on me?” She smiled slyly.

“Soon I’ll have you kicked out and Daehyun will be mine only.” And with that she stormed off.

Ara was a little hurt by her words, but she was used to it. Na Young always gives her hell whenever she finds out that Daehyun had spent the night in Ara’s room.

 

MONTHS PASSED AGAIN…

This time Ara and Na Young were tied up to a chair in an abandoned warehouse.

They were kidnapped by the Snakeheads to get back at Daehyun.

Bloody and bruised, both girls could pass out any second now, but they were hoping their savior would save them once again.

“Choose one.” Lee Minhyuk demanded as he held a gun in each hand pointing at their heads.

“Oppaaa..” Na Young whispered.

Daehyun was torn between the two girls. He loved them both, but he can’t have them both… not anymore.

Ara looked up at Daehyun. They briefly made contact til he looked away.

“Give me Na Young.” His heart broke as he uttered the words.

Ara looked at him, hurt. Hurt that he would do this to her. Hurt that he was the one who saved her, and also the one who was killing her. She chuckled in disbelief.

Minhyuk threw Na Young to Daehyun.

And grabbed Ara’s hair and pull her closer to him.

“It’s a pity you chose that girl over her.”

Ara winced at the pain she was receiving.

“I won’t let you get away with this.” Daehyun threatened as he supported Na Young up.

“I told you sweetie, he doesn’t love you. Should’ve stick to me when you had a chance.”

*BANG

 

2 YEARS PASSED. Present time.

Daehyun was sitting in his study.

“AISH!” He yelled out angrily. He pushed all the papers off his desk.

“Mianhe hyung. When we got to his hide out in Paris, he was already gone.” Youngjae said as he got down to pick up the fallen papers.

“We lost him again.” Himchan said disappointedly.

“Two years. Two years, we’ve been looking for him. He has to pay for killing her.” Daehyun grunted as he slammed his fist into his desk.

Daehyun changed. After he witnessed Ara’s death two years ago. If he was cold then, he was even more heartless and ruthless now. He regretted choosing Na Young over her. He didn’t know why, but he did. Now he’s suffering, it’s like God was finally punishing for all the crimes that he’s done. He hated it.

“We’ll find him soon, we promise. He will pay for what he did to Ara noona.” Zelo said as he walked out of the room.

“Yah Zelo where are you going? We have to leave soon!” Yong Guk yelled after him.

“Oppa! How do I look? I’m still going with you tonight right?” Na Young came skipping in, wearing a red skimpy dress and landed right into Daehyun’s lap and wrapped her arms around his neck.

He looked up at her and pushed her off him.

“I guess.” He responded and walked off.

The boys followed him right out.

 

The boys arrived at the annual race where every gang has a peaceful race to show off their cars, money, power, and girls.

Daehyun leaned against his sports car with Na Young clinging onto his arm and the other boys were busy showing off their cars to the girls that surrounded them.

 

 

“Pick whichever car you like, I’ll win them for you.” Minhyuk winked at the girl next to him.

A girl wearing black ripped jeans with a bralette on top, and plaid shirt tied around her waist.

They walked arm in arm strolling down the lane filled with different types of sports cars.

Everybody was watching them. Shocked that Minhyuk and the Snakeheads would show up after everyone knows that The Triad is after him.

But this was the race. No one was allowed to start fighting. It was one of the rules made from the Hyung-nims, generations before them.

The girl looked at every car then finally pointing at a car that peeked her interest.

“That one oppa.” She smiled.

 

“Ara..” Daehyun said in shock.

He couldn’t believe his eyes. The girl standing in front of him was the girl he thought he killed, in the arms of the man he was searching for.

She had been alive this whole time in his embrace.

This infuriated him and it also broke his heart. He could barely recognize the girl he loved.

The way she dressed, the aura she gave off. She changed.

Ara looked at him with cold eyes and noticed Na Young holding onto him.

“TRAITOR!” Na Young yelled as she pointed her fingers at Ara.

“Shut up.” Daehyun told her and pushed her off.

He started walking up to Ara, balling up his fist. He wanted to kill Minhyuk from keeping her away from him these couple of years.

“Let’s race. If I win, I get your car.” Minhyuk proposed.

“And if you lose… I get her back.” Daehyun compromised.

Ara scoffed. “Only if you can beat me too then.” She crossed her arms. Pissed off that he would try to use her again.

“Call.”

Both men got into their car and drove to the start line.

Ara went over to the driver’s side of the Minhyuk’s car.

“Oppa you better win.” And gave him a kiss on the cheek.

And walked off, she glanced over to Daehyun, who now was even more furious.

The flag was waved and both cars speeded off. Both men were neck to neck.

Daehyun didn’t want to lose. He wanted to win her back. He wanted an explanation why she didn’t come back for him, instead she was hiding out with his enemy.

 

Both cars crossed the finish line.

“And the winner by a close millisecond is… JUNG DAEHYUN.” And the crowd cheered.

Ara gritted her teeth as she got into Hyunsik’s car. She was going to beat him. She had to. There’s no way she’s going back to him. Not again. Not like this.

She looked over her shoulder and saw Daehyun looking at her from his car.

She turned around and gripped her left hand on the steering wheel as her other hand gripped onto the stick shift.

The flag was once again waved.

Both cars took off. He was slightly ahead of her, but she couldn’t lose. So she decided to play dirty. She stomped down the gas pedal and switched gears. She speeded up passing him then swerving over toward his lane, which caused him to get off track. With that Ara passed the finish line first.

Ara got off the car and ran into Minhyuk’s arms.

“Oppa! I won!”

“You played dirty… naughty girl.” Minhyuk teased as he gave her a kiss on the lips.

“Yah!” Daehyun yelled.

“Waeyo?” She turned around innocently.

“Did I do something wrong? I think you owe me your car.” She smirked.

“Come on guys let’s leave.” Minhyuk called out to his boys.

“Go get your car babe.” He said as he slapped her .

Ara walked over to the car sliding her hand across the driver’s door.

“Does it hurt to lose your beloved car?” She said coldly staring into Daehyun’s eyes.

He grabbed onto her arm, “Why are you with him?”

“That’s not your business.” She  said as she pulled her arm away from him and got into the car and speeded off.

“Yongguk hyung follow her!” Minhyuk demanded as they got into Yongguk’s car.

Ara followed the Snakeheads back to their hide out.

She looked in the rear view mirror and saw Daehyun following her, so she made a sharp right turn.

They both speeded down the busy night street of Gangnam. Where it all started.

Suddenly, Ara was fast approaching an 18 wheeler.

“.” She couldn’t stop in time. There was no way.

“Daehyun there’s an 18 wheeler up ahead.”

Then…

*BAM

His car, Ara, drove into the 18 wheeler and it exploded.

Daehyun got out the car and tried to running over toward his car, but Yongguk stopped him.

“ARA!” He screamed. Tears started to run down his face.

He just found her only to lose her once again.

“Minhyuk! Look!” Yongguk yelled as he pointed to a ditch.

Then a girl walked onto the road, out of the ditch, dusting off the dirt and grass off her clothes.

“Ara!” Daehyun ran up to her and embraced her.

Ara didn’t know what to think. Was he really worried about her? Was he guilty for choosing Na young over her? She didn’t understand him.

She slowly pushed him away.

“Yah Gu Ara! Are you stupid?” He yelled at her, gripping into her shoulders. Not wanting to let go.

“Ani, I’m still alive aren’t I?” She laughed.

“This is funny. You could’ve been killed!”

“Why do you even care if I get killed? You basically pointed the gun at me two years ago.” She retaliated.

“Ara…” He couldn’t say anything, she was right.

They stared into each other’s eyes.

The sweet girl he once knew was now a cold-hearted girl. He did this to her.

“I’m sorry. I regretted that night so much Ara. You don’t know how I’ve been living these past couple of years. Please come back to me.” He pleaded.

Just then a sports car came speeding and abruptly stopped in front of the two.

It was Minhyuk. He came for her.

Ara looked at the two boys.

“This is what you probably felt two years ago when you had to choose between me and Na Young.” She laughed again.

“Karma is a .” Then she pushed him away and got inside the car with Minhyuk.

With that Minhyuk speeded off leaving a broken hearted Daehyun.

“Ara if I have to search the universe for you, I will. Please God, let me find her again and have her back in my arms.”

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Well what did you guys think? It's a quick one shot, but I hope you guys enjoyed it. 

Please comment down below and give me some feedback! Thanks!