Our Fate

Can You Return My Heart?

Hello, this is ShiningJongDae and I just want to THANK all those who subscribed to this story. I want you to know how grateful I am for you guys! Even this story isn't as beautiful as the others, you still read it. I want to mention all those who subscribed: YeoLalaland | Jaeger_104 | dontworryandcomeback | purplegirl89 | frysninger | lizR23 | fathiahdaisuki | purplegirl30 |  Lkim888 | bellacullen | ilovesungyeollie | aktfTVXQ9 | AekamaLee | hateme | Nisha99414 | shininginspirit96 | debbieann | newera | annese | frigginonkeyeol | NKTAnkta | infinite_myeongyeol | ya-oi-one-shoot | rositamyungyeol | deliciousyou | inspirit0212

And for dear: leily14 😘 For upvoting this fanfic. 너무 너무 감사해! 

 


Chapter Two:

Our Fate

Myungsoo's alarm rang through the whole place and even he curses on it, there will be no difference. Today is Friday and it means last day for this week. He remembers the scene last night clearly and it pained him.

Sungyeol-ah, have you been doing well?
Sungyeol-ah, I'm so sorry...

He wanted to see him and ask for forgiveness. He know that he was childish back then but pushing Sungyeol aside is the best option he got. It is not for him but for Sungyeol. He hopes that he'll get the chance to tell this matter to Sungyeol one day.

Myungsoo continues to stare blankly ahead, not wanting to get up from his bed. He clutched the phone on his hands tighter as if it will reduce the pain he is feeling.

If only fate allows us one love each other for one last time...
Myungsoo thought looking at the picture frame in his desk.

"If only..." He mumbles as he stood up and decided that he needed to prepare to go to work already.

---
"Good morning pretty grandma!" Sungyeol yelled at the old woman inside the little shop situated just below the apartment they are renting.

"Aigoo, this kid! Why do you always call me pretty. I'm too old for that!" the old woman shouted back at him and Sungyeol just smiled back as he wave his hands, bidding goodbye to his dongsaeng and to the old woman.

The smile gracing his beautiful face vanished as soon as he turned his back to the shop. His eyes are emotionless as he strides his way to the meeting place Myungsoo told him.

His defense mechanism is on. He doesn't want anyone to crack all those wall around him again. He lost his balance and decided to sit in one of the benches of the park.

It was a lovely day indeed but all Sungyeol can feel his heart's ear-piercing cries of being unloved.

---
Sungyeol didn't imagine that his calming session in the park would make him an hour late for the meeting. He internally cursed as he see the man he loved (and still longing to be with) look at the wrist watch he is wearing while glancing in the busy streets.

Sungyeol's face is once again graced with a sincere smile as the other found him in the big crowd on the other side of the road. He waved his hands to Myungsoo and the other waved back awkwardly.

He smirked. His Myungsoo must've not know the word professionalism. 


It dawned him...
He is the one who isn't professional and the one who can't ing stay on his lane.

Did he just call Myungsoo his?
His Myungsoo?

He shook his head a few times and started to walk to go to Myungsoo.

"Hey." Myungsoo shyly greeted him while scratching the back of his head. Sungyeol's eyes were fixed on the table where Myungsoo's things are. He saw two cups of coffee. The other one, he figured, is still untouched. 

"Hey." Sungyeol sat in one of the chairs and made himself comfortable under the shade. His hands instinctively reached out for the cup of coffee sitting on the table. He excitedly sipped the coffee with a childish smile on his face only to swallow it disappointedly.

The coffee is as cold as Myungsoo's heart but will not even pass as Iced Americano so he placed the cup down while rolling his eyes because of irritation.

"I'm sorry to break it to you but I bought that coffee one hour ago." Myungsoo reached for his cup and placed it far from him. His mood went down and he just wanted to smack someone because he didn't get to drink his favorite coffee.

A cute pout was visible in Sungyeol's face and he was sulking like a kid until he heard a chukle beside him. It came from Myungsoo and he immediately glare at the other.

"Okay okay, I'm going to buy you your favorite drink. Such a baby Yeollie!" The other retort and both froze. Myungsoo gained his composure instantly and tried to get out of the heated situation when Sungyeol grabbed his hand.

It took a smiling Myungsoo and a squeeze in hand to break Sungyeol's tall walls. His eyes widen at the realization so he had to slap himself. Passerbys looks at him weirdly and he doesn't give a on those people.

He was about to slap himself again when a warm cup of coffee is placed in front of him. 

"Stop. You're freaking others with how cute you are." Myungsoo said to him, showing him the glorious dimples.

"You should be the one to stop Soo!" His choding side was awakened and he can't be defeated in this battle. He sipped and was shocked when Myungsoo stood up and sat beside him, entwining his hand with Sungyeol's in the process.

"Then stop me Yeollie..." the other sent him a wink and he is sure he can melt right in his place. He played along with the younger so he leaned his head on Myungsoo's shoulders.

It was just like in the past where they will sit somewhere for hours. Hands are entwined and heartbeats in synched...

"Okay..." he whispers in the air.

"Shall we start?" The younger asks.

Sungyeol's heart once again shattered. Oh yes, he's here to help Myungsoo and not to get back to him.