-one- to -not the end-

Our Set-up

Tell me what's going on in that mind of yours. Tell me your story about today. Tell me everything you want to say. I'll be here waiting for your stories. Everyday it'll be the same set-up. I'll be sitting here with you telling your story in front of me and I won't interrupt. I'll be listening.

 

"Let me tell you this. Today felt like . My feet hurt, my arms hurt, my head hurts, every part of my body hurts." said the boy in front of me and I just nodded with a smile to let him know I'm listening.

 

Taeyong continued. "Jaehyun-ah! You should speak more. You have a very nice voice and I'd be really happy if I was able to hear it more often. Anyway, as I was saying, every part of my body hurts. I think I pushed myself too far. I was trying to impress the new guy too much. I don't know why but that Thai kid made me feel pressure or something. I heard he specializes in dance too. Maybe that's why I wanted to do well in front of him. He's cute by the way. What was his name again? I forgot."

 

"I don't know his real name but they call him Ten."

 

"Oh yeah! Thanks. I should probably go back to practice. See you around Jaehyun-ah!" 

 

That was when everything started.

 

 

Each day passed and we continued the, what we can call now, tradition. Not a day passed by that we didn't see each other for your stories.

 

And then that one day came. You told me abot some Thai guy that you liked whom I know is Ten. He's cute, he dances well, has pretty eyes, has a nice smile, a bit shorter than you, and makes you feel the butterflies. That conversation made me feel something weird. He was everything I was not.

 

After that day, all you told me was about the guy you like which freaking obviously Ten since he was the only Thai guy around. Everything changed. You weren't telling me your stories anymore. It was all about Ten. Ten likes this. Ten did that. Everything Ten. I didn't know why that bothered me. All I knew was that it didn't feel good and that I felt sad, irritated, and angry at the same time. I didn't want to hear about him. I want to hear about you. You're the one I wanted to know more, not him. One thing is for sure. He made you happy. He made me feel like a child whose toy was stolen.

 

I wasn't looking forward to you stories anymore. What I looked forward to was  the moment you will start talking about yourself again.

 

What I wasn't expecting can be described in three words. You. Tradition. Broken.

 

You started skipping our sessions. I figured you became busier with practice and I tried to accept that idea. So on one of those days, I got up from our usual seat to try and look for you around the building. And there you were, laughing with the boy you like. I walked past you and you didn't even notice me. I was the one who noticed something. You were telling him your stories. You found someone else to tell your stories. I was hurt and I didn't know why. Maybe because I thought that I was important to you nonetheless our sessions. I wasn't supposed to feel this way. I was lost.

 

 

Days passed by and it was still that same different set-up. I still sat in the same seat hoping you'ld sit in front of me and tell me everything you want to tell me, while in reality you were with Ten. I waited everyday, until today.

 

Today was the day. The day I finally managed to gather the strength to push myself off of that seat ,with our memories weighing me down. And I did it. I was finally able to move from that seat.

 

 

Days after that, I avoided that place. I made myself busy with vocal lessons. It was working. I was finally gaining momentum. Not until you had to break it by talking to me again. You asked me why I wasn't anywhere to be found and I just told you I was busy. It took a whole lot of strength for me to get those words out of my mouth. I felt my heart beat rapidly against my chest. Thank God you couldn't hear it. After that brief conversation, I finally realized something. I realized what I was feeling.

 

I was in love with Taeyong and I had to tell him how I felt.

 

 

After months of muster a whole lot of courage, today finally came. I was going to break our tradition. I'm going to tell him everything and he will just sit there and listen. He doesn't have to say something. All he needs to do is hear me out. So... Here I go.

 

"Taeyong..."

 

"Hmmm?"

 

"I love you."