Flower Shop

Flower Shop

Kyungsoo had always been reserved with his emotions. He wasn't the type to wear his emotions readily and without hesitation like many others he had encountered in life. He wasn't the type to voice what he felt, what he thought outloud. He had always retained an a passive,calm, serene expression even in the most stressful situations. This had prompted many to believe he was a mystery, unreadable making him vulnerable to many loud boisterous extroverted wanting to probe into the petite man's mind. These extroverts claimed to mean well,wanting to befriend and figure out the young man, only causing him to feel vulnerable and victimized  for not having the ability to express himself causing him to withdraw further into himself.     

    Kyungsoo had difficulties expressing himself outwardly, but that isn't to say he couldn't feel as deeply or deeper than anyone else had around him.  The only way he could express himself was through a language not many around him were aware of: the language of flowers.     

    In this language he could express a feeling through a flower which held its own meaning and history. He could express a feeling through the flower’s color. He could converse for hours regarding the flowers mythology and history. A flower held it’s own story just as much as any other person.     

    For as long as he remembered, kyungsoo has always been fascinated with flowers. He adored their beauty and identified with flowers in their struggle for being recognized for their beauty when their was so much more to them than met the eye. There was so much more to Kyungsoo than met the eye. He was so much more than that quiet reserved nonchalant mellow man almost everyone took him for. For most of his life , he had felt alone. He knew he shouldn't feel that way. The young man did have a loving family, a couple of trusted friends who at times aggravated him to the point of assigning him the nickname Stan soo,but a part of him still felt alone, misunderstood. He had always secretly longed for a person that would understand him and love him whole.He had always awaited for the person to come along who would open up his doors,break his walls and love kyungsoo the way he was. Waiting for that person was just like his few friends:aggravating so compensate for the times he had felt alone, he indulged in the sight and knowledge of flowers making the best of his solitude basking in the beauty.     

His days of solitude wouldn't last forever as on another seemingly ordinary day, strolling through the town with his loud lively ramunto's friend would turn out to be a day like no other, A day in which Kyungsoo's life would change forever. The reason being a new flower shop immediately catching the doe eyed male’s eye.     

Baekhyun and and Kyungsoo strolled through the park, Baekhyun laughing as usual about some encounter with a girl named Taeyeon. Kyungsoo was only half listening to how the equally as petite male managed to get a hold of her number. “ So I was like I don't know you let's change that.” He laughed his rectangular mouth making it;a daily appearance. Kyungsoo was only half listening to what his friend had been saying as his conquests were nothing of the ordinary , stopping in his tracks upon spotting a newly opened flower shop.    

“ What? “ his friend inquired, slightly fazed and the other males abrupt stop.     

“ It's a flower shop. I want to go in” he gazed wistfully at the shop, the whole scene of it catching his eye. The building alone caught his eye, a pastel yellow. On the outside of the shop were planted white mayflowers planted in their own pots. Welcome    

Kyungsoo already felt invited by the mayflower's alone and the inviting outer decor of the building. He hardly paid attention hearing his friend say “ Well I’ll catch up with you later So seeing you're getting all flowery Again”Already entranced by the place, he could hear the faint laugh of the boisterous young man as usual laughing as his own jokes, as he started to step in as the young man bid him goodbye.      

    “Yeah” Kyungsoo heard himself reply.     

He stepped in, gasping at the sight around him. Around him were colors, orchids,roses,tulips, Azaleas , a world of flowers he thought he'd only encounter in his dreams, or art or honestly the internet.     

He stopped upon the red poppies, so beautiful. His fingertips grazed at the soft petals, a smile smile forming on his face upon feeling the softness, the delicacy.     

He was so entranced with the sight of the poppies, an uncommon flower in his town, that he hardly noticed a tall dark and handsome stranger approaching him from behind.     

“ Poppies huh? Im guessing its imagination,oblivion or since it's red pleasure” A bright voice commented from behind.     

Kyungsoo whipped his body turning around to face the stranger. He had been gaping at the poppies previously but now upon facing the stranger he found himself gaping even harder at the young man in front of him.  He was of tall height, slim, and had a sharp jawline that could cut rose thrones. He looked up at the man, noticing an amused expression kyungsoo realized the man expected an answer. He cleared his throat  “ Imagination” he replied feeling himself slightly redden.     

“ Imagination of pleasure? “ He inquired, feigning dubiousness, a mirthful glint in his chocolate brown eyes.     

“ I- I uh no- no that's not what” Kyungsoo  hardly stuttered,a rarity for him as his expression usually remained unreadable to many,hiding the most uncomfortable emotions. This man had an unusual ability to get Kyungsoo to outwardly show some emotion even if it was discomfort. He had hardly met the man and what was he doing. What had Kyungsoo done to deserve this?    

Kyungsoo stopped his stuttering upon hearing the light good natured laugh of the young man “ I'm sorry you just seemed so fascinated, absorbed I wanted to know what was on your mind, Sorry if I made you uncomfortable”    

Noticing the man wasn't answering the stranger decided to take a different approach evidently feeling bad for causing the petite dow eyed males discomfort. “ The poppies mean lots of things. In general they could mean imagination like you said or oblivion. Very distinct but very alike right? Depending on the color, lets say if it's yellow it could mean success or wealth. Let's say if it's white it could mean consolation” As he said the last part, he took a few steps to the white poppies, tearing one apart and offering it to the doe eyed male. He offered to the small male.     

Kyungsoo gasped shocked at the offering, taking the flower and looking up at the stranger with a small soft smile.     

The smile of the petite male only caused the taller male to grin his mouth beginning to hurt. He began to feel like an idiot for smiling so big at the smile at one person he just met. “ Kim jongin. Owner of the store” He offered his hand the the other man, not breaking eye contact retaining his grin.     

“ I'm Kyungsoo” he voiced , his voice of soft calmful melody. Jogin expressed his eagerness to meet the man who at first sight caught his eye. The man had seem    

“So you come looking for anything specific Kyungsoo? “    

“ No I just came to look around.I love flowers”    

“Well that's great!I could show you around if you'd like, I could show you all the flowers we have”     

“Really? Thank You!” he beamed.    

The toured the place around, Jongin showing his the many different flowers he possessed in his shop.     

“So do you know a lot about flowers?” Kyungsoo inquired wanting to know more of the handsome store owner. He had been immensely impressed by the man’s knowledge on flowers and their meanings, instantly feeling drawn to the man. Admittedly,Kyungsoo longed to know more of Jongin besides flowers, but Kyungsoo could only bring himself to mention flowers.     

“Um I know enough” Jongin chuckled sheepishly. “Flowers are interesting and I like them but I know more about something else” He sighed dreamily seeming to muse before walking off in another direction of the store.    

“What?” inquired Kyungsoo wanting to know more of the handsome store owner, following the owner’s lead. He had hardly found himself so intrigued by a person perfor. Jongin emitted an aura of radiance, vitality and in an odd way innocence he had never seen in a person before. At first Kyungsoo had an impression of the young male as being one of those dangerous types, or as Baekhyun would say “the bad boy type” . But Jongin was anything but dangerous.He was anything but bad. He seemed carefree. Like a puppy. Kyungsoo thought.    

“Dancing” he replied while plucking a purple flower Kyungsoo couldn't quite get a full view of.     

“ Oh i'm not that good at dancing” Memories suddenly flooding his mind of his last attempt at dancing. Baekhyun had invited him to a party daring Kyungsoo to dance which ended in him tragically but admittedly comically tripping on his own two feet.    

“ Im sure youd be. I could teach you one day, We could dance one day if you'd like” He haded     Kyungsoo a vicaria. Kyungsoo looked up at the man i have Will you dance with me?    

“Say yes. Sometime in the future yea? “

“Yes” Kyungsoo mused once again in awe of Jongin’s understanding of the language of flowers.         

“Here red rose for tango. The flower of a passionate tango. You and me” he smiled mischievously annoying see the mysterious petite man caught off guard.     

“ I’d love to” Kyungsoo challenged unrelenting. He felt light in a way he never had before. He could never banter with a stranger like like, not taking himself too seriously for once. He could feel his walls crumbling under the kind and warm gaze of Jongin.    

“O-okay” Jongin stuttered, smiling trying to recover from a moment of idiocy.