Promise

Don't Forget Me

Chapter 2

Hakyeon's P.OV

*Imagine Hakyeon and Y/N as little six-year olds*

Y/N and I were at the playground near our houses. We went all over the equipment: climbing the steps, pushing each other down the slides, playing tag. We were tired, so we had decided to go and rest on the swings, swaying slowly back and forth.

"Hey Hakyeon?" Y/N asked me.

"Hmm?" I replied, holding on to both of the bars on my swing.

"Are we going to be best friends forever?"

"Of course! Why would you ask that?" I responded, looking at her to see that she on the verge of tears.

"I-I heard your parents say that you were moving, far far away," she muttered, the tears falling from her eyes.

I got up from my swing and stood in front of her.

"I am sorry Y/N. I should have told you. But just because I am moving doesn't mean that we can't be friends right?" She looked up at me, her nose a mess and her cheeks stained.

"N-No," she states, sniffling. "But what if you n-never come back?"

I looked at her, confused at what to do to make her smile again. I searched around the parking lot when I noticed the broken swing next to us – the chain scattered around the sand.

I walked over and started searching.

"H-Hakyeon?" she asked, watching me.

When I found what I was looking for, I put it behind my back, and went to stand in front of her again.

She looked confused, as I had a huge smile on my face.

"Ta-da!" I said, holding out two of the silver chains in my hand.

"W-What is this?"

"A ring, pabo!" I yelled at her. I took one from my hand and placed it on her tiny pinky finger and did the same to my pinky with the other.

"There!"

She stared at me blank.

"This is a promise that I will come back. A promise that I will come back to marry you!" I told her.

"Marry me?"

"Of course! My parents won't keep me from my bride!" I said, confidently.

She started to smile and laugh, causing me to laugh with her.

"Promise?" she said, holding out her pinky.

"Promise." I replied, wrapping my pinky around hers.

I smiled as I stared down at the same ring from that day, only now wrapped around a chain on my neck, as my finger came to outgrow it.

I twirled it in my hands, remembering that day, like it was just yesterday.

I wonder if she still has it.

I don't know if I was being courteous that day or I just didn't want to see her sad, but I was definitely honest on coming back and marrying her.

I sighed.

Of course, now the Y/N I knew it either long gone, or doesn't remember me.

Aish, I really hope I find out what happened to her soon.

My alarm suddenly went off, signaling that it was time to leave the house to start walking to school.

I gathered my books and items in my backpack, and headed down the stairs.

I walked out my front door, locking it behind me, when I heard yelling from next door.

I glanced over to see Y/N running out her door, with a piece of toast in , heading towards the gate.

I also watched her almost trip and fall over, causing me to laugh a little.

What a klutz.

"Y/N!" I yelled out, causing her to turn towards me.

"Hhi," she said.

"Running late?" I asked.

"Ahlways," she responded, motioning me to follow her out.

I closed my gate behind me and started to walk beside her.

I glanced over to see her eating her piece of toast, almost stuffing it all inside in one bite.

"Daebak," I whispered quietly.

"Hmm?" she responded while looking at her phone.

"Nothing," I said.

"Oh, okay."

The silence between us continued until she stopped.

"Uh-I-Uh got to go! I will see you in class Hakyeon!" she yelled, going ahead of me.

Taken back, I stood there as she ran off towards the school.

What a unique person to have for a class president.

 

Y/N's P.O.V

As I was walking with Hakyeon, I got a text.

I looked down to see that it was from Ken.

Eager to see what he had sent, I opened and read it.

"School. Now"

What?

Ding,

"If you don't get here in the next 10 minutes, I will end our relationship."

I stopped and stared at what he sent.

WHAT. THIS GUY IS CRAZY.

"Uh-I-Uh got to go! I will see you in class Hakyeon!" I unconsciously said, my legs taking me towards the school.

After running full-speed, I made it to the front of the school, panting heavily.

I looked around to see him standing at the front, girls surrounding him.

I made my way over to him, making eye contact.

"I-I m-made i-it," I stuttered, still trying to catch my breath.

Wow, am I out of shape.

"With two minutes to spare. I am impressed," he responded.

I stared at him.

He is very strange.

"So what did you need me-"

At this time, he pulled my hand into his, causing the crowd of girls around him to be quiet.

I started to get embarrassed.

W-What is he doing?!

As I attempted to break away, his grip increased, making me give up any chance of unlocking my hand from his.

"W-What are you-"

"I am showing the school my girlfriend," he stated.

The girls gasped around us, and I could feel the piercing glares from them as my face turned a bright shade of red.

He then started walking, pulling me along with him, as we walked into the school.

I kept my head down as we walked because the commotion stopped all around us and I felt the looks of everyone.

I glanced over at Ken, to see him smiling brightly.

Aish, how could he do this to me? This is so embarrassing.

He dragged me to my classroom and stood outside the door with me.

"What are you doing?!" I whispered.

"What, I can't let people know that you are my girlfriend? Are you embarrassed to be seen with me?"

"Ani! It's just...I..." I trailed off.

"Well, get used to it, because for the next month you are going to be getting a lot of looks from people as you are not the student body president's girlfriend," he said, smiling to the people walking by us.

"But-"

"You also need to meet the other members of the council and eat lunch with us, so people think this is real." He stated. I froze at his last word.

'So this is real'?

What is this, a game?

"O-Okay," I quietly whispered.

The bell than rang, signaling that homeroom was about to begin.

He then let go of my hand.

"I will see you later, Y/N," he whispered, as he walked off.

I looked down at my hand that was once warm, that had suddenly turned cold.

I felt mixed feelings about all of this.

On one hand, I am dating the guy I like. But on the other, he said that people need to think this is real, like this is a contract or something.

I am very confused right now.

Conflicted, I walked into my classroom, to be met with the stares of the other students.

"W-What?" I responded, intimidated.

"Are you dating Ken?" One of my classmates asked.

I started to turn red again at the sudden question.

"Omo!" Another student yelled.

"So it is true!"

"Amazing!"

"You are so lucky!"

"Stop it!" I yelled out, walking to my seat embarrassed from the accusations of the other students.

"So secrets out already huh?" Hongbin asked.

"I guess so," I sighed. "He texted me this morning telling me to come to the school and then he made me walk around with him so that he could show that he has a 'girlfriend'."

"'Girlfriend'?" He repeated, noticing my emphasis on the word.

"Yeah, he said that we have to make this relationship look real - like our relationship is a deal or contract or something."

"That is confusing. Did you ask him about it?"

"No. I was going to but the bell rang. I wanted to talk with him about it later."

"You should," He agreed. "Otherwise, there could be a misunderstanding or something. Maybe you just heard it wrong, you know? It is better to ask him."

"You are right. Okay. I will! I will ask him about!" I said, convincing myself that things would get better as soon as I talked to him.

The teacher suddenly walked in. I quickly reacted, bringing the class to attention to greet for the morning.

She then went straight to the lecture of the morning. It was hard for me to concentrate but to my credit, I did try my best before I started to doodle Ken's and my name in my notebook – making little drawings of us while giggling like a little schoolgirl.

I was surprised she didn't find out, considering that I was not giggling all too softly.

Homeroom quickly ended and the other classes leading up to lunch also seemed to fly by.

Right after my last class before lunch, I grabbed my phone to notice that I had a text from Ken.

"Student council room. Meet for lunch. I will introduce you to the others."

Man, this boy and his demands.

"Are you coming Y/N?" Hongbin asked as he and Hakyeon were headed to our lunch table.

"No, sorry. I have to meet Ken and the other council members for lunch. I promise I will see you guys later though, okay?" I said, apologizing with my eyes.

"Okay. See you later," Hongbin said, giving a firm smile.

I waved as I my heel and headed in the direction of the council room.

I stopped right in front of the door telling myself that everything will be fine, when the door suddenly opened before I got the chance to knock.

It was Ravi who had opened the door.

He didn't say anything and just decided to stare at me.

I slightly bowed, managing to greet with a small hi, before his glare started to make me more nervous.

"Who's there?" I heard someone call out from inside the room.

"Some girl."

"Let her in." The voice commanded.

He moved slightly out of the way, signaling me that it was okay to walk by him.

His suspicious glare haunted me to the core but I tried to ignore as I was meet with the other council members.

I quickly bowed a 90 degree angle, embarrassed from the looks of the four members.

"H-Hello."

"Omo! Who is this adorable girl!" Hyuk said, coming closer to me. "Have I seen you before? Because if so, I wouldn't have let you slip away," he flirted, giving me a wink.

Flustered and not knowing how to respond, I was thankful when I heard Ken clear his throat, bringing Hyuk back to stand by him.

He rised from his seat.

"Everyone, this is Y/N," he introduced. "My girlfriend for the time being."

The other members seemed shocked at the news.

As I looked at everyone's expressions, Ravi's was one of suspicion, Leo seemed like he was studying me – as if trying to figure me out, and Hyuk's was one of amusement.

"Oh, so this is the girl that has created an uproar in the school?" Hyuk asked, a sly smile appearing on his face.

"Well, nice to meet you...Y/N was it?" He questioned, holding his hand out for me to shake.

I returned the gestured and nodded to his question.

"Don't mind the other two, they don't really talk much," he reassured. "Leo has always been quiet and Ravi is just...well...Ravi."

Leo slightly bowed his head, acknowledging my presence while Ravi continued to stare.

Well, isn't this just the most comfortable situation I have been in.

"Shall we eat lunch?" Hyuk suggested, motioning for me to take a seat by Ken. I nodded, sitting down.

I glanced over at Ken to see that he was eating and that the other members were as well.

I thought that there would be more talking but to my surprise, Hyuk was the only one that talked the whole lunch.

He was very charming and nice to be around. He will probably be the council member I talk to the most out of the three.

Lunch quickly ended and we all started to rise from our seats to get to class when Ken stopped me.

"Y/N. Stay back for a second." He said. I looked at the other members to see them hesitate for a bit, but they quickly left after Ken gave them a quick nod.

"Y-Yes?" I asked, nervous to now be alone with him.

"So what do you think?"

"About what?" I answered, confused.

"About all of this: me, the student council members, the sudden popularity from our relationship."

"Um, I don't know."

"Isn't it what you wanted?" He questioned.

I stared at him blankly.

"W-What?"

"The popularity. Isn't that why you confessed to me? So you could be popular and become part of the in-crowd." He said, giving a smug look as if he had figured me out.

"N-No. I told you why I liked you. Why would you think that was the reason?"

"It's what all the past girls have wanted in the relationship. I thought you wanted the same," he said, looking a little less confident from before.

Wow, okay.

"That isn't why I wanted to-" I started, frustrated by the sudden situation.

"Okay, look. I like you Ken. I really do. Not because of your popularity or because I wanted to be in the 'in-crowd'. The more I watched you and how you treated people, I began to admire you and it turned into feelings for you. If this is how you see me, then I think you have the wrong idea about me. Maybe this was a bad idea." I said, starting to tear up.

He looked flustered at what I said.

I waited for a second to see if he would say something but he stayed silent and just stared at me.

"I-I am going to go now." I said, walking through the door and closing it behind me.

As I kept on walking, I glanced back once to see if he followed me and to no surprise, I didn't see him.

Against my will, the tears started to fall.

I can't believe he thought that about me.

What. I only want to date him because he is popular?

I am starting to think that he is not the Ken I thought I liked.

Trying to calm myself down before going back to class, I bumped head first into someone.

I didn't look up to see who it was but I quickly apologized.

I tried to walk away until they grabbed me, making me turn around.

"Y/N?" the voice said.

I looked up to see that it was Hakyeon.

"Are you okay?" He asked, his face full of worry.

"N-No," I replied, honestly.

"Are you hurt? Do I need to-"

"I-It's okay, Hakyeon. I just want to be alone for a little bit. Thank you though," I said, trying to give him a smile to show that I was making an effort.

I tried to walk away when I realized that he hadn't let go yet.

"Hakyeon, you can let go now," I said. I looked at him to see him staring at me.

"Hak-"

In an instant, I was in his arms.

Startled by the sudden gesture I froze.

I felt his arms slowly wrap around me, engulfing me in him.

I found myself to start crying even harder at his sudden movement.

I hugged him back unconsciously and started to cry into his shoulder, the tears leaving a stain on his shirt, as he rubbed my back.

"It's okay, Y/N." he said, reassuring me. "I am here for you."

And at that, I cried, letting the tears fall as I fell into his comforting embrace, not realizing the whole time, that someone had been watching us.

~~~

(A/N): OMO! So much happened in this chapter! 

Who was watching them? And how will Ken react to what she said?

Find out, here in the next chapter - coming soon! XD

Thank for your patience on this and for reading! Love you all! XOXO