The day after

Losing A Bet Never Felt So Good

Why the hell am I up so early? you thought. I never get up this early. You. Park ___. The most laziest girl on the planet is up at 6am. "Ugh, might as well get the day started." You said, getting out of bed. As you finished cleaning yourself up, you then headed downstairs to the kitchen. Only to be greeted by your loud bestfriend.


"Good morning ___!" Krystal squealed making you cover your ears. "Yah Soojung-ah! Mind toning it down a little? I'm still tired!" You whined with a pout. "Fine fine, but I'm just so happy today!" She began jumping around the kitchen. 


"And may I ask why?" You walked past her to find something to eat. Krystal deadpanned. "Please don't tell me you forgot our deal." You turned around to find her glaring at you, making you immediately shift your eyes to the floor. 


"A-ani I just haven't woken up properly, um... mind telling me again?" You looked up to see her glare get even scarier. If that's even possible. "You," she walked over to you and poked your chest "lost a bet missy and do you remember what you agreed to?" Krystal eyed you up and down. 


"I-I agreed t-to..." you tried really hard to remember. "Aha! I agreed to go on a date with whomever you choose..." you immediately regret losing that bet. How could I lose to Soojung at video games. I love video games! You thought as you look at Krystal who's grinning. 


"Wae? Why are you staring at me like that?" You asked. “Nothing, just thinking of who I should set you up on a date with.” she kept grinning making you cringe. 


“Yah! Jung Soojung! Don't you dare set me up on a bad date!” You pleaded. “Oh alright,” Krystal said with a smirk. “how about I set you up on a date with that girl from next door?” Your eyes went wide. “You wouldn't.” She grinned. “Try me.” 


“Soojung-ah~ Please don't do this to me” You whined. “You know how I get when I'm near her. I turn into goo and speak nothing but gibberish.” You said and added a pout. “Think of this as an opportunity ___-ah.” 


“Opportunity for what? To embarrass myself?” You walked over to the couch still pouting. “An opportunity to get to know her, and maybe make her fall for the famous Park ___ charms.” She followed you to the couch and sat next to you. “But what if she doesn't agree to the date?” 


You suddenly frowned thinking about getting rejected. “She’ll definitely agree.” Kyrstal said with confidence. “And how do you know this?” You asked curious as to why she was so sure. 


“Because I already asked her.” She said cheerfully. “YOU WHAT?!” You jumped up from the couch and started pacing. “When did you ask her? How did you ask her? What was her reaction? Did you force her to say yes? Omg, you totally forced her didn't you!” You bombarded her with questions. “Woah, calm down ___-ah. I asked her earlier, that's why I was so giddy.” You stood there listening. “She came over to give us our mail that somehow got mixed up with hers, and I just popped the question.” 


“She came here?!” You blinked. “Yes, while you were asleep. Lord knows a war could be going on and you'd still be in bed, sound asleep.” She laughed aloud.


You glared at her. “Haha, very funny. Now back to the subject.” You stood with your hands on your hips, waiting for her to continue. “She didn't seem fazed when I asked her, she immediately said yes. I was surprised when she answered so fast.” Krystal stood up leaving you speechless.


“You two are having a dinner date by the way. She'll pick you up at 8.” Krystal said as she walked back to the kitchen to find something to eat. “At 8?! Tonight?!” You quickly followed Krystal to the kitchen and watched her rummage through the fridge.


“Yes tonight. She’s the one who scheduled it.” Krystal stated. “As you have the whole day to get ready… do you mind cooking me breakfast?” She said cutely making you groan. 


You sighed seeing her start to pout. “Fine. Only because you're my bestfriend.” Krystal quickly pulled you into a hug. “Yay! I love you ___~” she kissed your cheek causing you to smile. “Love you too Jungie~” 


What am I gonna do?


8 o’clock


*Knock* *Knock*


“___-ah! She's here!” Krystal called to you as she went to answer the door. 


“Hey Tiffany-ssi, ___ will be out in a sec.” Krystal led Tiffany into the living room. “Alrighty, but speak comfortably to me Krystal-ah” she said with a smile. “Arraso Tiffany unnie.” 


Just then, you came walking down the stairs to greet Krystal and your ultimate weakness. Tiffany Hwang. Wow her skin looks flawless. And that smile. OMG! You thought to yourself. 


“Don't just stare at her. Say hi.” You turned to glare at Krystal and she meronged you. You turned back to Tiffany. “N-nice to see you Tiffany-ssi.” You looked down embarrassed for stuttering. Aish, calm yourself ___-ah. 


Tiffany giggled at your shyness. “Nice to see you too ___-ah. And please lose the formalities.” She showed her beautiful eye-smile making you melt. “O-okay, Tiffany unnie.” You blushed. “Aww you're cute when you blush.” She chuckled making your cheeks redder. 


“Not that I don't enjoy seeing ___ embarrassed, I think you guys have a date to get to.” Krystal looked at you and smirked. You hit her shoulder. “Ouch.” 


“You should be thanking me. Go get her tiger.” Krystal whispered in your ear with a wink making you blush. You glanced up to see Tiffany with an uncertain look. Is she jealous maybe? You wondered. Nah, she’s THE Tiffany Hwang. She could have anyone she wanted.


“Ready, ___-ah?” Tiffany then hooked her arm around yours and looked at you patiently. “Y-yes, I'm ready.” You replied. You turned to Krystal and bid her goodbye, as did Tiffany.


You both head towards her car and she politely opens the door for you. “Thank you, unnie.” You got in the car and waited for her to hop in. Tiffany then turned to you. “Where to?” She said with a smile while starting the engine. “I'm definitely hungry.” As if on cue, your stomach growled making Tiffany giggle. “Then food it is!” 


You arrived at a small restaurant. It seemed as though Tiffany was familiar with the place as she casually greeted the waiter. “Hey Tiffany, long time no see.” He leaned in to give her a hug.


“Hi Key!” Tiffany gladly returned the hug. “So, table for two?” The waiter whom you now know as “Key”, looked over to you then back to Tiffany. “Yes please.” 


Key smiled. “Alrighty, follow me please.” Tiffany then held your hand taking you by surprise. You looked down to your joined hands. “You're seriously cute when you blush.” She giggled and pulled you along to follow Key. 


What is she doing to me? *sigh*


Tiffany’s POV


Such a cutie! You'll be mine ___-ah, just you wait. Tiffany thought to herself. She began to think of ways to get you to succumb to her charms and not run away.


Normal POV


As you both approached the table, you pulled out the chair for her. “Why thank you ___-ah.” Tiffany said with a smile. “No problem unnie.” You quickly pulled your own seat out and sat across of her.


“Here are your menus,” Key placed a menu in front of you both. “anything to drink in the meantime?” 


“I'll take a lemonade please.” You looked over to Key and he quickly wrote your drink order on his notepad. “I’ll have the same.” Tiffany added. “Okay, two lemonades coming right up!” He left to fetch your drinks.


You picked up the menu to avoid making eye contact. Tiffany noticed and chuckled softly at your action. After a few minutes of silence, Tiffany spoke. “Decided what you want to order?”


“I-I think I'll get the chicken salad. H-how about you, unnie?” You looked up from your menu to see Tiffany staring back at you with a sweet smile. “I was thinking of getting the same.” She said making you nod.


“Here are your drinks,” Key set them in front of you both and room out his notepad again. “Ready to order?” Tiffany nodded and told Key that you will both have the same thing.


“Wow, match made in heaven.” Key said smirking. Tiffany hummed while you looked in your lap blushing. Key then left to put in your orders.


Tiffany noticed that you were still silent and decided to break the ice. “So… ___-ah, tell me about yourself.” You looked up to see Tiffany with her head in her hands waiting patiently. “What do you want to know?” You said shyly, biting your lower lip and fiddling with your fingers.


“Hmm, well, what do you do for a living?” 


“I teach dance classes down at the rec center.” You really loved to dance. Ever since you were little, you would dance every chance you got. “Oh wow, that's so cool.” Tiffany admired. “I was never a good dancer.” She confessed making you smile. “Maybe I could teach you sometime?... I-I m-mean if you want…” You trailed off with your cheeks getting red. 


“Definitely!” Tiffany showed her famous eye-smile. “How about tomorrow? I've got a class at one o’clock.” You asked hopefully. “Sure, why not.” She said with a smirk. Tiffany thought about spending more time with you and to get to know you better.


I really like hanging out with her. Even though I'm just a blushing mess. *sigh* She’s so beautiful.


You were dreamily staring at her. She was saying something but all you could focus on were her beautiful features. Then your eyes fell on her lips. Those lips that look so kissable.


“Hello? ___-ah?” You snapped out of it. “Y-yes, unnie?”


“Were you checking me out?” She said with a smirk. Your eyes went wide. “I-I… Um-” 


“Here are your salads.” You mentally thanked Key for saving your . Both you and Tiffany thanked him for your food. You started digging into your meal, forgetting that Tiffany had asked you a question.


“So are you gonna answer me?” You almost choked on your food. Tiffany was amused at your reaction. “I-I.. Well, um yes.” You looked down and played with your food.


“Yes, what? Yes, you'll answer me? Or yes, you were checking me out?” She crossed her arms and continued smirking. “Yes, I was checking you out.” You kept playing with your food and pursed your lips.


Tiffany giggled. “Good. Glad I'm not the only one.” You looked up from your food and she gave you a genuine smile, making your heart race.


The rest of the date was great. You really enjoyed hanging out with Tiffany. You got to know her better. You found out she's obsessed with pink, after she vividly described her apartment decor. This made you wonder how someone could be so obsessed with a color and remain sane.


You are now in the car heading home. It's convenient that you both live in the same apartment building.


 You were both standing there in front of your apartment door. You spoke up first. “I had a really great time.” 


“So did I.” Tiffany’s face brightened up hearing that you enjoyed yourself. “So I’ll um see you tomorrow?” You asked shyly.


“Yes ma’am.” She said with a wink. You quickly looked away blushing. She never fails to make your knees weak with just a simple gesture.


Tiffany leaned in and pecked your cheek. “Thank you for today ___-ah.” She said shyly. She then quickly dashed to her apartment door and hurried inside. Tiffany couldn't stop the blush on her cheeks once she realised what she did. She leaned her body against the door.


Tiffany POV


Omg! Did I really just do that?! Aish Tiffany, you pabo. But the look on her face, so cute!


Normal POV 


You were still stood outside in front of your door stunned. You lifted your hand to touch your cheek Tiffany kissed. Did she just… You then did a little victory dance. Not knowing someone was watching you.


“What are you doing?” You jumped at the sudden voice. “K-Krystal.. H-hey.. I'm just um… testing out new dance moves for tomorrow's class. Yes, that's it.” You were quick on your feet to come up with a reason. 


“I see… So the new dance is a looking like a flailing chicken?” She said amused. “What?! No!”


“That's certainly what it looked like.” She said laughing. You just pushed her aside and entered your shared apartment. “Aww, come on ___-ah. I'm kidding.” She closed the door and followed you. 


“Sure you are.” You said sulking. “I am! Soojungie is sowwy~” She hung on your arm looking up at you. “Aish, this kid.” You pushed her off your arm and ruffled her hair.


After you cleaned yourself up and changed into your pajamas, you collapsed on your bed. You then thought about your date with Tiffany. Best day ever! You squealed into one of your pillows. You then hugged the pillow. I can't wait for tomorrow. You thought, as you drifted off to dreamland.