first.

I know.

He appeared on Jimin's 12 birthday, standing on the street outside his window and staring up at him with seemingly blank eyes, his face still and motionless.

***

He introduced himself on Jimin's 13th birthday, by accident. Jimin was on his way back from school when they met again, the boy standing there by him with that blank stare. "...what's your name?"

"What do you think?"

"Well... you look kind of cute... so a cute name definitel-"

"Min...Min Yoongi."

***

He appeared again in his class on Jimin's 16th birthday. The class was an unpopular one, only a few chairs were filled in comparison to the many standing there without an inhabitant. He was sitting by the window, staring off into seemingly nowhere, sitting there as if he didn't care about a thing that was going on in the world. 

"Hyung!"

His face looked up for a moment before looking off to the side again, mulling over what to reply as Jimin just sat there with a small smile, trying his best to be inviting. That's what he thought people wanted. Smiles and attention could solve all problems.

"...Hey... why are you in my class if you're older, hyung?" He asked, tilting his head to the side in an innocent manner, sitting right next to the said 'hyung'.

"...I failed some years... I need to catch up on work...." he mumbled, as if he didn't want to talk to the rather excited younger. 

"Oh... well... I hope you'll like this class..." He said awkwardly, his smile faltering at the blunt responses he was getting before looking at his notebook, fidgeting with his pen a lot.

"...Just because you have no friends don't come to me as a last resort" Yoongi muttered under his breath before the other quickly turned to face him.

"M-me? I have friends... they're just busy so-"

"Don't lie. I know." Was the only response he got before the bell rang and the teacher came in, beginning to drone on and on non stop about useless facts about the world, figures and statistics that most of the time, a normal human would have no need for. 

"-in"

"huh?"

"Jimin. Let's hang out." 

There was silence for a moment followed by a small sigh of relief on the younger's lips as he nodded "mhm. Let's hang out" He echoed before the bell rang again, signalling the end of the lesson. Jimin stood, grabbing his bag and the usual assortment of necessities a school boy might have before walking out. He was used to being alone all the time, so thought nothing of waiting on the other. Only when he was walking down the hall did he realise that Yoongi might have meant to meet now, at lunch, so quickly his legs took him back to the now empty class and a small frown replaced the carefree smile on his face as he realised there was no one there anymore. 

"...let's hang out." He murmured under his breath almost as a bitter insult before continuing to walk back to the canteen, not noticing a small note that was stuck onto his bag.

Sorry.

-Min Yoongi

~~~~~

Hello everyone ^^ This is my first fan fiction that I am publishing and I am planning for it to be mid length ish. The updates are going to be pretty slow, so I apologise in advance. Also, a majority of these will NOT be edited, so once again I apologise in advance for any mistakes in my work. Any criticism or suggestions would be welcome ^^