How to Date a K-Idol 101

Girlfriend Undercover

I approach the tent where they are staying. I felt relieved when I saw “방탄소년단 (BTS)” written in one of the tent’s entrance. I waited for a minute before the first person came out.

            “Oh, unnie” I said in delight. I’ve been friends with BTS’ regular stylist and make-up artist for years. They would sometimes let me borrow their make-up kit and pretend I’m one of them in times when I need to be disguised. I bet the whole fandom is unprepared to know that one of their boys have been dating before they debut and up until now.

            “They’ll be out in 15 minutes” She smiled.

            They usually took longer than 15 minutes. I sighed.

I sat down at the bench nearby, leaning my head on the tree trunk. I quite feel lightheaded from the series of examinations I took early this morning until the train trip I took just to be here on time and watch him perform.

My body jolted awake when I felt a warm hand held mine.

“You’re freezing” A familiar voice said lowly.

I opened my eyes and saw Jungkook already taking off his gloves and putting it on me.

“I’m alright” I responded with my still sleepy voice.

“Gwiyeowo” He murmured, followed with a smile.

I tried to stand, finding my balance.

Why am I so tired?

In a blink of an eye, he was handling me his scarf.

            “I’m fine” I said and urged him to put it back on.

            How to date a k-idol 101: His health is way more prioritized than yours.

He just smiled as he put his scarf around my neck.

“There are STILL many fans outside.” His manager, who came from nowhere, whispered to us. He looked at me with a bit of concern in his eyes, “You can borrow mine if you want to, but Jungkook can’t lend his scarf to you” he said.

Of course. His scarf was probably a fan’s gift or has been seen in various photographs of him.

“It’s alright, I can handle the cold” I replied and smiled.

They’re so good to me ever since Jungkook and I were trainees, up until his group debuted and I cancelled my training contract.

“So what am I doing for the night?” I teasingly asked Jungkook.

He handed me his water bottle. “Something as light as this since you’re too tired to carry a make-up bag.”

I held his water bottle and got two more bottles from the container nearby. As I turned back to him to ask him if he’s hungry, he was already leaning forward I can already feel his breath on the side of my neck.

“Just to inform you, I didn’t forget how hectic your day was, taking your examinations and rushing here just to watch me perform songs I’ve sang to you hundred times before” he whispered.

After all these years, my heart still skip a beat every time he’s with me.

“Kaja!” Namjoon said and I can see everyone gathering, the members in front, guards on either sides and the rest of the staffs scattered behind them.

            “Let’s celebrate when we got home” Jungkook whispered before leaving to join his hyungs.

            I put on a face mask and started to walk out of the venue with the group.

            A while ago I was just a fan girl, a second later I was a loved girlfriend and now I need to pretend to be the staff-no-one-cares-about to avoid controversies.

            Things you’d do for love.