final.

one a.m rooftop.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

it is a known fact that seulgi can doze off just about anywhere whenever sleep comes knocking on her door.

 

it doesn't matter if it's in the van while they're on their way to their schedule or on the way back to their dorm and it just so happens that joy and yeri, being the youngest of them, still have enough energy left in their gauges and are being the satanic spawns that they are at the very back. feigning to land a fist on one another. some alarming hand gestures flying everywhere. a couple of goading and teasing thrown their way. and (whispered) conversations that usually takes a dark turn.

 

("wendy unni," called the youngest brunette, shifting on her seat at the same time before leaning in close to get a view of the older sitting in front of her.

 

wendy looked away from the window and hummed an indication for the girl to continue. she cranned her neck then to the side, giving her undivided attention likewise to anyone who had asked for it.

 

"joy unni has a question." yeri informed.

 

"oh." softly, she quirked an  eyebrow in wonder. the information urging her to fully turn and face the tallest who sat at the right side. right behind a sleeping seulgi. so she adjusted her seatbelt for her to be able to move. "what is it?" she eagerly asked once she's finally looking at the two of them properly.

 

yeri leaned back to the comforts of her seat, hands neatly resting on her lap and there's also a suspiciously serious expression painted on her face that wendy took a mental note of. and finally there was joy, who seemed to be sitting up straight with her leg over her other all the while. not to forget that her arms are crossed on her chest and she's also wearing an identical expression. though, she has her eyes closed. again, wendy had noted, suspicious. lord, whatever are they going to ask me.

 

joy's eyes fluttered open and she watched, oddly feeling nervous. "so," the younger looked at her. "if i get angry and i land a good punch on my on-screen husband, sungjae oppa's face. what would it be called?"

 

wendy's eyebrows furrowed almost instantly upon hearing the question, and she shot them an incredulous look but neither budged nor complained with the kind of stare she's giving them. if anything, both looked rather determine to get the answer they seek for.

 

"well, i.." she abruptly pursed her lips and slightly turned her head sideways, as if still unsure if joy really is serious with her inquiry. "i'm.. pretty sure. that's called.. an assault."

 

"hah! i knew it!" joy triumphantly exclaimed whilst clapping her hands together as she looked up victoriously, and for whatever reason, wendy feels a sense of alarm. meanwhile, yeri had showed animosity with a grunt.

 

she looked at them back and forth, somewhat clueless.

 

"exactly, what is going on?"

 

"yeti said it's called murder." joy snorted.

 

"well it would be if he's knocked off cold!" yeri argued back, head sharply turning to the girl's direction.

 

"what were you two-" but before wendy could even ask another question for better understanding, irene, who was sitting in front, had beaten her to it.

 

little did they know that the oldest wearing spectacles has been quietly watching them through the rearview mirror while all ears in their conversation.

 

"listen,"

 

everybody fell silent.

 

"nobody is assaulting no one, and most importantly, no murder is going to ever happen." irene chastised. the sudden firmness in her warning tone alone, reminding them the authority she holds.

 

all three heads nodded then, and she smiled so sweetly after before turning away.

 

"joohyun unni gives me chills." joy murmured to which the other two agreed on.

 

seulgi on the other hand, remained unbothered.)

 

it doesn't matter if it's in the waiting room of whichever music show they are scheduled to appear in to promote a song or two and too many things happen to be taking place at once with the other four either practicing their lines and parts, or are playing games with one another.

 

it doesn't matter if it's in the living room of their dorm, whether it be only her being the sole occupant of the couch or the rest of them are lounging with her and she's sitting upright however sluggishly while some program is currently showing in the television in front, or joy and yeri are playing a little too loudly as if they really are in the game (and they are so close to whacking each other's head with the controller in their hands) ― seulgi would still find herself dozing off.

 

or there could be a really loud music blasting, filling up every corner, or a series of horrendous banging on the door, she'd still be asleep and deep in her slumber. 

 

place itself just doesn't matter to seulgi at all and so does the surrounding.

 

but tonight is quite an exception.

 

she can't sleep. can't even step foot on the land of nod. can't even be in the arms of morpheus. can't even close her eyes because of the relatively wide awake wendy on the upper bunk across the room.

 

normally, she won't really mind the slightest when either wendy or irene are still yet to call it a night. at least not when she's already drowsy and she's just more than ready to pull the orange comforters over her shoulder ― except at this very moment. 

 

it's already past midnight. she should be asleep. wendy should be asleep. but she isn't. they aren't. and even if wendy is barely making any movement, she can tell that the shorter is completely awake just as she is just by listening closely to the deafening silence that is carrying her unspoken thoughts ― troubles that she can't just turn a blind eye at anymore.

 

it worries her if anything, and she knows she needs to do something.

 

careful not to wake the oldest sleeping in the lower bunk across, seulgi tried not to make any sound as she slipped out of her bed and took very light steps as she made her way to the other side of the room until she's already standing right by the side of the bunks. particularly wendy's, whose back is currently facing her.

 

seulgi did not say anything, but just tapped the petite's shoulder that is sticking out of the blue quilt protecting her from the cold, a couple of times to get her attention and make her presence known.

 

it didn't take long as wendy turns around to face her and she receives a questioning look from her right then and there, as if to ask her why is she still awake right at this very hour. but seulgi just beams back, and she thanks the faint light coming from the lone street lamp post outside that managed to seep through the blinds of their room for making it possible for her to see the corners of wendy's succulent lips curl up into a sm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter