Zero

Jamais Vu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

No one can really explain it.

But everyone in this world was born with the same black and white façade the world is masking itself with.

But it’s also filled with stories of most people who found their soulmates – stories of bright colors of blue and pink and green and yellow and everything else in between.

Far from black and white.

It does not only open up your vision and perception.

It creates depth, it makes you feel warmth and coldness and happiness and everything else – it makes you give it a very different meaning.

It lets you create your own world.

So when Song Minho’s eyes landed on a stranger walking past the coffee shop window where he always drinks his coffee at, he can’t believe he saw gold for the first time.

 

Jamais Vu

(Never seen)

“Nothing they experience seems to have anything to do with the past.”*

 

0:

 

 

The next morning, unlike any other mornings, Minho stepped inside the same coffee shop with a hopeful intake of breath. He ordered the same black coffee that somehow looks lighter – that’s when the lady by the counter told him it’s the color brown, and that he had been ordering black coffee with two sachets of creamer ever since. She was a kind lady in her forties, expert at brewing coffees and easy to converse with. She had been managing the little coffee shop with her husband and son, and Minho can very well remember the way this lady’s husband looked at her with gentle adoration that he had hoped one day, he’ll be able to look at someone like that too and finally see the lightest shade of red the old couple was always talking about.

“It’s called ‘pink’, dear.” The lady corrected him when he asked again, and Minho smiled back, half-bowed and went over to his usual spot.

On top of the little table was the daily newspaper he’d taken a liking in these past few years, but now, instead of opening it right away to go with his coffee, Minho positioned himself so he was facing the glass pane, waiting for that same stranger who was wearing that gold wristband.

How hard he wished his eyes were not just playing tricks on him.

 

He was on his second cup of brown coffee when he saw that same stranger striding, his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter