FINAL

Untitled

Seunghyun just couldn't for the life of him understand why Daesung couldn't see how in love with him he was. 

How he could've missed his long lingering stares of affection, or how he volunteered his services just to be alone with the man.

For the life of him, he couldn't understand. That is until the day he accidentally overheard an argument with his lover.

The cracking in the younger's voice, and the way he begged the other man to “just come back home.” Was like a knife in the heart, but to hear the man say no in the most definitive and coldest of tones followed by the broken sob that managed to escape his dongsang's mouth absolutely destroyed Seunghyun. 

In that moment, he knew he had to do something, and walked into the room. He could hardly recognize the other because he was so broken…so small…so lifeless. 

Seunghyun walks over, careful of his movements lest he frighten the younger into closing himself off.

“Dae, I heard yelling. Is everything ok?” He asks smoothly. Careful not to allow his voice to betray his emotions. It was hard feat, but one that needed to be done. He needed to be strong for Daesung…HIS Daesung.

“Why doesn't anyone love me, hyung?” Came the heart wrenching reply.

“That's not true at all…,” Seunghyun starts out slowly. “Iloveyou…” He finishes quickly. There, confession done. Only Dae didn't seem too thrilled, and the notion was only confirmed by the bitter laugh on his lips.

“You're my hyung, hyung, you're supposed love me…or at least like me.”

Silence.

Then…

“Daesung, I am your hyung, and I do love you. But not out of obligation. I love you because it is impossible to find anything NOT to love about you. All of your flaws…all of your strengths, they've combined to make you into the man that you are today. I’ve witnessed you at your best, and also at your worst and I have never left your side. When you smile, my world lights with a never-ending glow, but when I see you like this, broken and helplessly pining after a man that doesn't deserve you…my world is in shambles. And I wonder:


Why can't I take his place?

Why can't that be me? I'd never make him feel so low.

So yes, I do love you as a hyung. And even if you don't want me, I'll continue to. But I promise that if you would just let me love you like you deserve to be…this…will NEVER happen again.”

Daesung looks up at his hyung suddenly seeing the elder in a new light. Things that used to didn't make sense suddenly fit perfectly. But now that he's bruised, he's afraid to try so quickly. Something the older seemed to pickup on.

“There's no rush.” He starts, holding out his hand. “Just take my hand, and I'll take things from there.”

Daesung reaches for the elder letting him pull him into his arms whispering promises of better days.