Prince Chunji

Awoken in a Distant Land

 

[Chunji’s PoV]

I groaned, my body felt weighed down and all I could sense was pain. I groaned again, rolling onto my side, I could sense that there was more than one presence within my bedroom and they didn’t feel like they were Zhou Mi and Kyuhyun, however, I feel like I’ve felt them before. I let out a third groan, this time gathering enough strength to open my heavy eyelids. I then looked at the boys who were in my room, seeing the mortals I had brought into this realm earlier today; I looked at them all, smiling faintly. However, that smile completely disappeared when I spotted the glaring male in the corner of the room.

“Su-Sunggyu…” I croaked out, barely recognizing my voice as I spoke.

“You fool, are you looking to get killed?” hissed Sunggyu, the faint buzz of the others talking disappeared as they listened to Sunggyu nag me.

I looked at the older male apologetically, whispering, “I’m sorry…”

“Sorry is not going to cut it!” hissed Sunggyu, “You nearly worked yourself to death!”

“Hyung you don’t understand.” I said.

“I understand well enough that you shouldn’t be left alone, ever…” said Sunggyu, “These times are critical times you idiot, don’t go out unless you have an official guardian by you.”

I looked at my lap sadly as I sat up, rubbing my temples, “Mianhamnida…”

He looked at me and shook his head, “I’m glad you’re awake. You had us worried for a while…”

“I know.” I said, “I’m sorry.”

I looked at the boys who were there staring at me, I bowed my head towards the mortals, who all bowed back. My eyes looked over them and stopped on the familiar boy, “Hey, Minwoo.”

“Hi hyung,” Said the boy happily bouncing to the side of the bed, happily sitting down on the edge of the bed beside me.

“Minwoo, you are in charge of watching him…” Hissed Sunggyu, “We have to get back to the academy, ok?”

Minwoo nodded, “But I can’t really keep him here, I don’t have powers…”

“You have the other mortals to help you,” said Sunggyu, glancing over them, “He brought them here after all, so it’s HIS responsibility to take care of them.”

I looked down at my lap again, feeling a little guilty.

“Minwoo, I’ll be going now…” said Sunggyu, who eyed me and then left.

I sighed and looked at the mortals, “I’m sorry I brought you all here…I did it to protect you, after all, wither way you’d come here…it was either you all were safe or you were food to the devil…and I’m pretty sure you’d rather fight than be food…”

The boys looked at me.

I felt really awkward really quickly and blushed, “I’m Prince Chanhee, but as you can obviously tell, most people call me Chunji…”

The boys all bowed at me silently and I sighed, moving to the edge of my bed.

“Young master, you shouldn’t be up…” said Minwoo, worry evident in his voice.

“I’m fine Minwoo…I’m not going to be using powers again anytime soon…” I said, smiling weakly, “I’m going to my parent’s office, that way they can watch me and you all can go back to training…”

“Hyung, can you come with us?”

I looked at them, “I guess, but I have to take Kyuhyun and Zhou Mi…I’m going to change, so if you all could leave…”

They all nodded and left,  I stood up and changed out of the pajamas and changed into jeans and t tunic, I then moved to the door, I was going to watch them train despite how weighed down my body felt. Like Sunggyu said, I’m responsible for them and I didn’t want to just leave them to fend for themselves if an enemy attacks. I was going to protect Minwoo, who was like a younger brother to me. I smiled happily and weakly as I walked out to the eight mortals standing there.

“Let’s go.” I said, seeing that Kyuhyun and Zhou Mi nodded at me, to let me know that they got what was going on. The mortals all walked through town happily heading to their training area, while I stayed silent as I walked between Kyuhyun and Zhou Mi.

“You don’t look too well, young master,” Said Kyuhyun, looking at me worriedly, “You’re pale, are you should you should be out?”

I shook my head, “I shouldn’t be out, but I had to...”

“Why, no one is making you come…” said Zhou Mi.

“If I didn’t come, Minwoo would abandon his training and I know just how much he wants to be a guardian, so I’m doing this for him…” I said, “I’m really not feeling well, so don’t expect me to try to run off…I’m really tired…”

He nodded, “I can tell, it’s from where you exhausted yourself from using your powers too much, just use today to relax, ok?”

I nodded tiredly, “Ok…” 

 

 

Sorry this chapter is a little lagging...It's a little boring, we really boring and a little confusing, I know...please be paitent with me...I'm sorry I haven't updated in forever...Please comment! Also, I promise a better update next time! :D