Final

The Bad Man Cries

“Hoseok, what do you want now?”

“You’re not a part of my life anymore. So stay out of it.”

“You met someone? Why the hell should I care?”

“How dare you! Are you really saying this was all my fault?”

“You have absolutely no right!”

Words like these were something Jimin had gotten accustomed to over the years. At least once a week, sometimes twice, a man, who he had learned to be his other father and his father’s ex, would always call his father. It was always the same routine. It started off friendly enough, a little small talk here and there, but it always escalated further. Cordial conversations always turned into a screaming match of who was to blame for their failed relationship.

It wasn’t often, but there were times where the screaming had gotten so loud that Jimin’s neighbors from apartments next door had to knock on his door asking to keep down the noise. With a look of shame on his face, he’d always stutter an embarrassed apology with a promise to keep down the volume.

The calls could last for hours on end, and with only a thin wall separating him from the source of arguing, Jimin had no choice but to listen to his two fathers go at it. By the end, Jimin’s father was always a sobbing mess, and Jimin was always the one to pick up the pieces.

He never understood why these phone calls ever occurred in the first place. It wasn’t as if his father wasn’t well off. If anything, his father had plenty of money to spare. He was a doctor, and with Jimin being the only other member of the household, money wasn’t a problem at all. From the sound of it, his other father wasn’t looking for money either.

Jimin didn’t think he was the reason either. While he did hear his name come up every once in awhile, it didn’t make much sense. Despite what his father said about this ‘Hoseok’ being his other father, Jimin’s never actually had any clear memories of the man. He was out of the picture before Jimin could even think properly. The most he’s seen of the guy was through photos, so Jimin himself didn’t have much, if any, attachment to the man. The two of them had no relationship whatsoever.

Finally after another night of arguing, Jimin had finally mustered up the courage to ask his father for the true reason of the calls, but when he had seen the broken look on his father’s face, whatever courage he had had completely dissipated.

Jimin had eventually found his answer in the form of a photograph after tucking his weary father to bed that same night. While organizing the scattered paperwork his father had left on his bedside, he had discovered the old photograph tucked away in the corner. The old photo captured an intimate moment between his two fathers, gazing at each other with a loving look in their eyes, as if nothing else mattered. His mind eventually wandered to their current relationship, which consisted of endless tears and constant screaming.

‘Was this love?’

It was in that moment that Jimin promised himself that he would never let himself fall in love and end up the same way as his father.

-

Jimin knew his family wasn’t normal. He knew most other families never had to deal with the same things that he did. His best friend Taehyung was his prime example.

As Jimin’s father was a doctor, there were some days that he wasn’t able to make it home on time. Jimin would spend those days in the Kim household, which was a sharp contrast to his own. Compared to his fathers, the relationship between Taehyung’s parents was a lot better. Jimin could see the love between the two of them, and none of it involved screaming or tears.

Despite not being blood related at all, Taehyung’s parents treated Jimin as their own. His father and Taehyung’s were friends from way back when, which made his friendship with Taehyung a given.

“Tae, sweetie, can you get the table ready?” Taehyung’s mother called from the kitchen. “Your father’s coming home soon, and I made his favorite.”

He & Taehyung were both sprawled across the living room not really doing anything productive until Taehyung’s mom had called them over.

“Got it!”

Jimin didn’t want to be left alone, and he felt a little bad doing nothing, so he followed Taehyung to the kitchen and began helping setting up the table.

“Oh, Jimin, don’t worry about it! You’re our guest you shouldn’t have to be doing this!” Taehyung’s mom said, before giving her own son a sharp look. “Taehyung! Go take that from Jimin!”

“Oh no, it’s alright Mrs. Kim, it’s the least I can do.”

“You’re so well mannered Jimin, Taehyung could learn a thing or two from you.”

“Mom!”

Jimin just laughed while Taehyung gave him a playful shove, and the three of them continued to prepare for dinner until Taehyung’s dad arrived. Eventually the sound of a door opening was heard, which indicated the arrival of Taehyung’s father.

“It looks like Namjoon’s home! Tae, can you please check if you dad needs help bringing anything in?”

“On it mom!”

Jimin and Taehyung’s mom were finishing up cleaning the table when both Namjoon and Taehyung walked in with a couple of grocery bags.

“Oh wow. Namjoon, you actually remembered to buy what I asked you?”

“Of course I did! I’m not that forgetful.”

Jimin watched on as the two parents exchanged greetings, filled with hugs and kisses. Taehyung complained, saying something along the lines of ‘stop being so embarrassing.’ The two replied by grabbing their son and including him in their little hug.

“Come here you little rascal.”

Jimin watched on as the three of them interacted. As much as Taehyung’s family loved him, there would always be some wall he wasn’t able to cross. He had always wondered what it would be like to have a normal family like theirs, with two loving parents, but he had also accepted a very long time ago that it was something he would never have. He took solace in the fact that he at least had a parent that loved him.

“Jimin, how’s everything going? Are you doing okay? School okay? You’re going to college next year, right? How’s Jin doing?” Namjoon had asked after they had all settled down and started eating.

Jimin was a little surprised at all the sudden questions, but nonetheless answered. “Everything’s good Mr. Kim, thanks for asking! Yeah, college applications have been stressful. I’m sure Taehyung’s told you all about it. Dad’s doing alright, sometimes Hoseok calls though.”

At the mention of Hoseok’s name, Namjoon’s smile faltered, and an understanding look appeared on his face. “So Hoseok still calls, and Jin actually bothers to pick up?”

“He does, I don’t really get why though.”

If there was anyone who was able to give insight on his father’s situation, it was Namjoon. Jimin was curious about the whole situation, but he was always wary. He never wanted to push any unspoken boundaries.

“Your father & Hoseok have a lot of history together, so it’s a bit.. complicated. Just be there for your dad okay? Jin doesn’t really like to talk about it with me. But you’re his son, and he loves you a lot, you know that right?”

“I do, thanks Mr. Kim.”

He didn’t really say anything that Jimin didn’t know already, but it always reassured him to hear that his father loved him, even if it was coming from someone else.

After dinner was over and everything was cleaned up, Taehyung pulled Jimin into the private walls of his bedroom and began to talk. “Jiminie, is everything okay at home?”

“Yeah Tae, everything’s still the same.”

“Aren’t you the least bit curious about Hoseok? He’s your other father for crying out loud! Your dad still obviously still cares too, if they’re still talking after everything.”

Times like these Jimin wished he could be more like Taehyung. The boy was so free spirited, always saying what was on his mind and not giving too much thought on what others thought of him. Himself on the other hand always put too much thought into the little things and always kept his mouth shut, caring too much about other people’s opinions, people who didn’t even matter.

“I’m too scared. Dad always looks so sad whenever he comes up. I don’t want to make him hurt any more than he already is.”

“But you’re his son. How can you help him if you don’t know what’s going on?”

“I don’t know.” Jimin answered, voice cracking.

Taehyung came forward and drew Jimin into a gentle hug. At times like this, he knew the thing Jimin needed most was physical contact.

“It’s okay Jiminie, if all else fails, you’ll always have me. Don’t force yourself into anything you don’t want.”

“Thanks Tae.”

-

Jimin had decided to take Taehyung’s advice one night when he and his dad were both home together eating dinner.

“Hey dad, can you tell me something about Hoseok, er, my other father? Anything? ”

Seokjin stiffened a bit at the sudden question, so Jimin knew he had heard him. For a little while, Seokjin didn’t say anything, and just stared into space blankly, dinner abandoned.

After a long moment of silence, he finally answered in a gentle voice. “He loved to dance. A lot. It was funny at the time, considering how bad I was at it.”

As short and succinct as his answer was, Jimin understood. He saw it all in his father’s eyes. Countless memories were running through his mind, remembering a time from long ago.

Underneath it all, Jimin could see the faint traces of love that his father still had for Hoseok. Jimin remembered his promise, and held it even closer to his heart.

-

It was during his first year of college that his promise was put to the test.

Jimin was headed to Yoongi’s dorm to drop off a couple of supplies his friend needed for one of his projects. Jimin underestimated the amount of supplies he had to carry, and being too lazy to make more than one trip, put it all in a box that piled a little too high.

With his inability to see properly, it was a given that he didn’t see the body running in his direction at top speed. The two had eventually collided, resulting in all of the supplies in the box scattering.

Jimin slowly sat up, still not completely registering what had just happened. Looking around, he noticed the extended hand of a man, who he assumed was the one who had run into him, and gratefully accepted it.

Jimin’s eyes wandered to all the supplies scattered all around them, and apparently the stranger noticed too, because he quickly crouched to the ground and started collecting as much as he could hold in his arms.

After finally putting everything back, the stranger continued to apologize, bowing profusely.

“I’m so sorry! It’s just that I was in a rush and I..” The man stopped his bowing and his apologizing, but had moved on to openly staring at Jimin.

“You..?”

Jimin’s response seemed to snap the man out of his daze, because he jumped back in shock and took a quick look at his watch. “, I’m late! Again I’m so sorry! If I ever see you again I’ll make it up to you! That’s a promise!”

-

Jimin thought that that one encounter with that stranger would be the last, but fate seemed to have other plans for him.

Jimin wasn’t the most open person, so it was natural that he wasn’t one to go out often. In fact, Taehyung was one of the few people who managed to get Jimin out of his shell, even if it was only by a little.

So when Taehyung had invited him out one evening to go to a rave, Jimin had outright refused. Taehyung, being his best friend, already knew that would be his answer, so he had already made other plans to take Jimin out somewhere safer.

True to his word, Taehyung took Jimin out on a simple dinner date.

“Really Tae, ramen?”

“Oh hush Jiminie. You’re the one who didn’t want to go rave. Besides, I heard this place served the best! Apparently their chef is from Japan!”

Jimin was a little skeptical, but nonetheless took a menu and scanned it to see what he wanted. Taehyung however had other plans and had already called up the nearest server before Jimin could really decide.

“Waiter! We’re ready!”

Jimin quickly scoured through the menu before finally deciding to go with the first thing that he found appetizing. Putting his menu down, he finally looked up at their server and was shocked to see the same man from only a few days prior.

The man also seemed to recognize Jimin, if the flicker of recognition was anything to go by, but despite his words from before, he made no mention of it and continued to take their order.

It wasn’t until Taehyung excused himself to go to the restroom that the man had finally approached Jimin.

“Hey, you’re the one I ran into earlier right? Again, I’m so sorry. I really didn’t mean to blow you off like that. I would’ve said something earlier but I didn’t want to make things awkward with your friend there. I promised you I’d make it up to you didn’t I? My name is Jungkook. What’s yours?”

“It’s Jimin, and really, don’t worry about it. Accidents happen.”

Jungkook wasn’t having any of it, because despite what Jimin had said, he shoved his cell into Jimin’s hands. “Here, put your number in it. I’ll call you sometime.”

Reluctantly, he obliged, and Jungkook’s face lit up in a big smile. Jimin would be lying to himself if he didn’t admit that it made his heart beat just a little faster.

“Wow Jiminie, I didn’t know you had it in you. I leave for a couple of minutes and you’re already hitting up our server? I’m so proud of you, he’s quite a looker if I do say so myself!” Taehyung suddenly spoke. Apparently he had witnessed the whole thing, because the moment Jungkook walked away Taehyung reappeared.

Jimin blushed in embarrassment. He wanted to protest, really, but the thought of dating a guy like Jungkook didn’t seem like such a bad idea at all.

Despite it all, Jimin reminded himself of his promise, and tried his best to keep down the little seed of hope that had decided to plant itself within him.

-

Under the pretense of making it up to him, Jungkook had easily molded himself a place in Jimin’s life. What started off as getting a little meal together in between class periods quickly escalated to where more often than not they’d be together than be apart.

They had gotten so close that it had come to the point where Jimin couldn’t even imagine his life without Jungkook in it anymore. In a span of a few months, Jungkook had managed to knock down every wall Jimin had built around himself.

So of course, when Jungkook had finally confessed, Jimin didn’t have to think twice about his answer.

“Jimin hyung, I really like you. So please, be my boyfriend?”

“Yes, of course I will Kookie!”

By then, the two had already been so close that naming what they had with each other did nothing more than increase a few intimate touches here and there. By this point, the two of them had already been doing everything together. They fit together like two peas in a pod.

A year into their relationship, the two of them had decided to take the next step and move in together. By then, everything Jimin knew about love from when he was growing up as a child was proven wrong time and again by Jungkook. Being in love with someone didn’t always require countless nights of endless screaming and crying, because with Jungkook, Jimin never had to deal with any of that. While to most people he may have been an arrogant brat, Jungkook had an extra softness to him that was for Jimin alone.

It wasn’t as if they never disagreed on anything or never had any fights. It was just that the two of them understood each other well enough to know what lines they could and could not cross with each other.

Jungkook was his first for everything: his first kiss, his first time, his first love, etc.. Jimin had given him everything, and Jungkook returned it all with just as much fervor. They had brought out the best in each other.

Jimin was happy. Apart from Taehyung, no one else could quite understand Jimin the way Jungkook had. Being with him, Jimin slowly began to forget about the promise he had made to himself in the past.

“When I get older, I promise I’ll ask for your hand in marriage. I’ll be the best husband you could ever dream of. So hyung, please wait for me.”

Jimin was almost scared at how easily he had accepted his words. With Jungkook, everything was easy, and Jimin had no problems imagining their future together, happy and content.

-

Jimin, for the first time since he & Jungkook had moved in together, was finally returning home. As excited as he was to see his father again, he couldn’t help the feeling of anxiety that was coursing throughout his body. Normally he had Taehyung with him, but his best friend had taken an earlier flight this time around.

He had already told his father about Jungkook. After Taehyung, Seokjin was the first person he had told. Any worries Jimin had about them were long gone as both had greatly approved of him. Rather, it was the thought of coming back to seeing his dad miserable again because of some man he could never seem to move on from.

As soon as Jimin stepped out of the terminal, the smiling face of his father was the first thing he saw. The two had hugged each other tightly, and with a promise to catch up with each other, Seokjin drove them back home.

“I moved in with him.”

“Already? It sounds like you two are getting pretty serious.”

“Dad, I think I really love him.”

“If you’re sure, then I’m happy for you. Just don’t forget about your old man, got it?”

“Dad! How could I ever forget about you?”

Jimin had continued to tell his dad all about what he had been doing since he’s moved out. From his career plans to his relationship, he didn’t miss a detail. Seokjin had also told him about how things were holding up back home. Work was still the same, with the biggest news being that Taehyung was having another sibling. The topic they didn’t discuss however was Hoseok. It was an elephant in the room that neither of them were willing to bring up.

As it turned out, Jimin didn’t need to ask about it, because later that same night he had gotten his answer. By then both he & his father had already turned in for the night, so Jimin wasn’t able to see his father’s face, but as soon as he heard the phone ring, he knew what was to come.

Like he’s always done as a child, Jimin quietly crept out of his room and into his father’s, ready to comfort him after another argument. Luckily for the both of them, the call today didn’t last too long, and there wasn’t as much yelling as usual. Unfortunately, Seokjin still ended the call as miserable as ever.

As soon as the call ended, Jimin had grabbed the phone and put it aside. He pulled the sheets over the both of them and laid his father’s head on his chest. Jimin wrapped his arms around Seokjin and caressed his hair while he continued to silently sob into his chest.

He wasn’t sure when it happened, but at some point he had fallen asleep. Judging from the position he had awoken, both he and Seokjin fell asleep in the same position before he had lost consciousness. Jimin looked down at the sleeping face of his father. His expression looked peaceful, with the only indication that last night happened being his swollen face. Sometimes Jimin had to wonder just who was the parent between the two of them.

Trying not to wake his father up, Jimin carefully adjusted himself so that Seokjin’s head would gently fall onto the pillow. He was hungry, and after another night like that, he was sure his father would be too.

As he was starting to leave the bed, a voice had stopped him.

“Jiminie, come here for a moment. I want to tell you something.”

Jimin turned back around to see his now awake father looking at him tenderly. “What is it dad?”

Seokjin had reached over the bedside, and reached for something. Jimin vaguely recalled finding the old photograph, and his eyes widened, realizing what was about to happen.

“I want to tell you about Hoseok. It’s about time you knew everything.”

“Dad, you don’t have to.” As curious as Jimin was, he hated seeing his father hurt more.

“I want to. You deserve to know. I should’ve told you a lot sooner in fact. Now come here.” Seokjin said, patting the bed, indicating for Jimin to come closer.

Jimin obliged, and Seokjin wrapped his arm around his son’s waist. He gave Jimin the photo, the one he had seen from long before, and started to speak, a soft tone in his voice. “Hoseok & I.. we loved each other a lot. If it weren’t for Namjoon, we would’ve never met. It’s something that I’ll always be indebted to him for. Regardless of the present, the time I had with Hoseok was some of the best years of my life. They only come second to when you entered my life.”

Seokjin paused for a moment, trying to regain his composure.

“As cliche as it was, Hoseok and I never really got along all that well in the beginning. We had nothing in common. I studied medicine, he was in engineering. I was too serious, and he was too carefree; we clashed when it came to everything. It was a pain in the for Namjoon whenever the three of us were together. I don’t know the exact moment it happened, but somewhere along the line I had grown attached to Hoseok. Apparently he felt the same way because he was the first to confess. We were at a bar near campus when Hoseok punched some guy who was hitting on me.”

He smiled bitterly. “Little did we know at the time how big of a role our differences would play in our relationship. Where I lacked, he excelled, and vice versa; we complemented each other perfectly. It felt like we were indestructible, like nothing could take our future together away.”

“After graduation, our relationship hit its peak when we adopted you as an infant. We were at our happiest. In hindsight, we were pretty naive. Things went downhill after that, when we actually entered the real world. We were entering careers in two different fields; we never realized how much it would actually affect our relationship. At that time, we didn’t really know better. Hoseok ended up having to take a job across the country while I was in medical school. We thought we could make the long distance work, after all we were deeply in love, and we were only a train ride away.”

By now, Seokjin was just doing his best to hold in his tears. “It wasn't even a big event that caused everything to crumble. It just.. happened. We both got caught up in our new lives, and our relationship eventually took a back seat. Since we had you and we were still struggling, I relied on Namjoon a lot. Hoseok seemed to take it the wrong way and assumed we were having an affair. Of course I got upset at that, we ended up in a major argument. We both said some hurtful words and called a break. Since then, we’ve never reconciled.”

Jimin had no words. There was so much he wanted to say, wanted to ask, but his father had already left for the kitchen long before he could articulate his thoughts. Jimin could only look at the old photograph of his two fathers. They both looked so young, so in love. Listening to his father’s story was like listening to something out of a story book. The beginning of their love story was what everyone dreamed of having. Jimin wondered how such a beautiful relationship could fall to one argument.

Suddenly, Jimin wasn’t looking at a photo of Seokjin & Hoseok. The two of them had morphed into an image Jungkook & himself. The two of them were so in love now, just like his parents. Were the two of them destined to end up like them as well?

For the first time in a while, Jimin began to have his doubts again. The promise he made to himself years ago had suddenly started ringing in his head once again. He had been so blinded by his relationship that he had lost sight of why he was so wary in the first place.

He had tried to imagine himself in his father’s place, having to deal with weekly phone calls from Jungkook that resulted in nothing but misery. He had seen Jungkook angry plenty of times before, but it was never at him. Just the thought of being on the receiving end of his boyfriend’s anger made Jimin want to cry.

Jimin spent the rest of his break with his father and Taehyung & his family. As nice as it was to be with old familiar faces, Jungkook was always in the back of his mind. Since his father’s story, the promise he had made so long ago had reappeared in his mind and never left. He was happy with Jungkook, but now he was filled with endless uncertainty as to how long it would last.

It was when he was on the flight back to school when he had finally made his decision. He was going to listen to his past self. It was better to end his relationship with only happy things to look back on rather than to be stuck in sadness. One painful breakup was better than a lifetime of sadness after all.

-

“Hyung! Welcome back! I missed you so much! I hope you enjoyed your time away from me, because I’m never letting you out of my sight again!”

Jimin smiled bitterly. He was hoping to have a little more time to himself, but of course his boyfriend had already been waiting with a giant hug for his arrival. At any other time, this would have brightened Jimin’s day. At the moment however it just made Jimin feel nauseous.

“Hey Jungkook, glad to be back.”

Jungkook took Jimin’s luggage from his grasp with one hand, and held Jimin’s hand tightly with the other. What would have normally fill his stomach with butterflies only filled his stomach with dread.

If Jungkook had thought anything was out of the ordinary, he didn’t say anything. Instead, he just led the pair of them to where his car was parked.

“You have no idea how happy I am to see you again.” Jungkook spoke as he started to back out of the parking space.

“Yeah?”

“Of course! I have so much to tell you!"

Jimin was slightly relieved. Jungkook seemed to be so happy about his return that he hadn’t even noticed his odd behavior. The whole trip back to their apartment was filled with stories that had happened while Jimin was away.

By the time they had entered their apartment was when Jungkook had finally seemed to notice that something was bothering his boyfriend.

“Jimin hyung, is everything okay?”

“Jungkook, let’s talk.”

“About what? Hyung, you're worrying me.”

Jimin took a deep breathe. This was it.

“I want to break up with you.”

“What?” Jungkook spoke softly. Despite being the younger one, Jungkook always acted like the older one between the two of them. So seeing Jungkook like this, sounding like a lost child, Jimin’s heart broke a little more than it already had.

“I just don’t love you anymore Jungkook, that’s all.”

It hurt just to utter the words, but seeing the broken look on Jungkook’s face made it that much worse. He had looked so defeated. Jimin tried to walk away before he caved in, but Jungkook wasn’t having any of it. The younger one had grabbed Jimin by the wrist and pull him into his arms.

“A-are you bored with me? Is that it? I’ll do better! I promise! Just tell me what I did wrong. I’ll fix it. Just don’t leave, okay?”

Jimin did his best to hold back the tears that were forming, but failed. He was the one breaking up with Jungkook yet he was the one crying. Even now, Jungkook was thinking of Jimin before he was thinking of himself. Rather than getting mad at Jimin for being unreasonable, Jungkook blamed himself.

The two had remained in that position, on the floor of their apartment’s living room until Jungkook had fallen asleep. As carefully as possible, Jimin tucked Jungkook into bed and began packing his things.

That same night, Jimin moved out of the apartment and out of Jungkook’s life with the idea that it was for the best. Because after all, Jimin didn’t really know any better when it came to love.

-

Without question, Taehyung had welcomed Jimin into his own apartment. Seeing the bags Jimin was carrying, Taehyung had immediately understood what had happened. Taehyung knew Jimin wasn’t ready to talk about it, and Jimin was forever grateful that Taehyung didn’t ask.

Despite that, Jungkook wasn’t as easily accepting. As often as he could, Jungkook would call and leave messages on Jimin’s phone. Jimin ignored every single one of them, because he knew if he so much as looked, he probably would’ve cracked.

There were times where Jimin could hear Jungkook at Taehyung’s door, and each time, Taehyung had to lie to kick him out. Jimin knew he was being selfish; he knew how much it pained Taehyung to lie to Jungkook like that.

“Hyung, I know he’s here. Just let me see him, please.”

“Jungkook, he’s not here, so please leave.”

Eventually, Jungkook had seemed to have given up. No more calls, no more banging on Taehyung’s doors, etc.. It all just stopped one day, and that had made Jimin sadder than ever. He berated himself for feeling that way, because after all he was the one who had broken things off. He had no right.

Taehyung noticed too, and that’s when he had finally asked.

“Why did you two break up?”

Jimin from there began to explain everything and how things had come to the way they were. Taehyung knew about the calls, but for the first time he was hearing the reasoning behind it.

“Jiminie, you’re my best friend and I love you, but you’re being stupid. Just because it happened to your parents doesn’t mean it’ll happen to you. They didn’t try hard enough, don’t make the same mistake.”

With that in mind, Jimin had made a new promise to himself. Rather than protect himself from making the same mistakes as his father, he was going to fight harder to keep the happiness that he had.

-

Saying it with Taehyung by his side was so easy at the time, but when the time came for Jimin to actually go through with his promise, he was more than a little hesitant. It’s already been numerous times where he’d be on Jungkook’s doorstep, hand ready to knock, only back out at the last minute.

‘What if he’s moved on? Maybe he’s finally realized how stupid I was. He’d never take me back. Maybe he had found someone new.’

As it turned out, he didn’t have to. Jimin was headed to Yoongi’s dorm to deliver his friend some supplies he had left in his apartment. Old habits seemed to die hard, because like before, he took more than he should of, and was falling to the ground before he even realized what was happening.

“Oh my god! I’m so sorr- Jimin?!?”

Jimin knew that voice. “Jungkook?”

“How-how are you?”

Jimin looked straight into Jungkook’s eyes, and saw the familiar warmth that he had gotten so used to. It was in that moment that Jimin knew he couldn’t ever let such a thing go again.

-

Just like that, the two of them had easily returned in each other’s lives as if they had never left in the first place. Jimin knew he still had a lot of learning to do, but he knew better now. He still had his doubts at times, but in exchange for a lifetime of happiness with Jungkook, Jimin was ready to face whatever life threw at him.